Please Help!!!

This is a discussion on Please Help!!! within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; So I'm an Idiot! I Just purchased a Sig P229 Enhanced Elite. I'm the type who likes to tinker with things so I took off ...

Thread: Please Help!!!

Please Help!!!

So I'm an Idiot!

I Just purchased a Sig P229 Enhanced Elite. I'm the type who likes to tinker with things so I took off the grips then removed the hammer spring and strut. At this point I decided it was best not to mess with it. I put the hammer spring and strut back in place and the hammer will cock all the way back but when i use the decocker it on comes up half way. When I pull the trigger it cocks the hammer back but does release it. What did I do?!?!

I know I shouldn't have been messing with things but the inner tinkerer got the best of me for a minute.

2. Remove Ads

Please Help!!!

I'm not sure but maybe look at YouTube and see if you can find a video on the assembling of your particular gun

We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is responsible for his actions....Ronald Reagan

Nevermind I figured it out!! I just placed the hammer strut in and tried different positions and pulled down and the hammer until I found the position that moved the hammer strut. Then placed the spring and plastic piece and and now everything works great! I'm never doing that again!!!

Thanks for the welcome guys.

Distinguished Member Array Exacto's Avatar
    Life is a learning experience. Now you have learned so take it apart.
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunder bolt...... Sun Tzu.

The supreme art of war is to defeat the enemy without fighting........ Sun Tzu.

For further info on sigs check out SIGforum.com --A discussion forum for SIG enthusiasts
    VERY Knowledgable Sig stuff there

BTW, Welcome aboard!

Exacto, I agree! I'm sure I will eventually breakdown and tear it apart I always do! ;)

Tzadik, Thank you! I Joined that forum while trying to figure out what I was doing wrong but I have to wait for them to authenticate me before I can post. Still waiting. But I'm sure I will become a regular there. I love my Sig!!

Links