Anyone thought about having a FFL dealer be middle man when selling guns privately?

This is a discussion on Anyone thought about having a FFL dealer be middle man when selling guns privately? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I think Hot guns needs to lay off the coffee, but anywas I'm not asking nor wishing the federal gov to be in my stuff ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: Anyone thought about having a FFL dealer be middle man when selling guns privately?

I think Hot guns needs to lay off the coffee, but anywas I'm not asking nor wishing the federal gov to be in my stuff anymroe than anyone else and simply was popping a question out there to maybe get some other than interesting results like a true concensious of ONE(1) simple way of doing busness for the honest true hard working man/woman and not really getting a rash of crap from those that think price gouging is the way to go about things. Anyways, as I said I was mearly thinking outside the box on a simple single minded idea is all. Thanks everyone for all the good feed back.
    Last edited by HotGuns; January 11th, 2013 at 07:31 PM. Reason: language workaround

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    Packing...when they pass a law that requires registration and an FFL to do the transaction...I'm charging you 500 bucks for the privelege of doing so.
    If an FFL is required for all transactions I'll bet that there'll be a WalMart within 20 miles of where Packing lives that will offer the service for $7.95.

Senior Moderator
    Walmart wont do a transfer now. What makes you think they'll do it then?

The point is...if an FFL is required for a private transaction, it will cost you more to buy a gun. The gun grabbers dont care, if it were up to them,they would make the price of doing buisness so high that no one could afford it.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

The point is...if an FFL is required for a private transaction, it will cost you more to buy a gun. The gun grabbers dont care, if it were up to them,they would make the price of doing buisness so high that no one could afford it.
    Absolutly and it "IS" part of their plan! If they can make a Glock cost $1,000.00 they hav what they want.
    Who is John Galt?

Sometimes there's justice, sometimes there's just us...

Distinguished Member Array dangerranger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by justintimeagain View Post
    I think Hot guns needs to lay off the coffee, but anywas I'm not asking nor wishing the federal gov to be in my stuff anymroe than anyone else and simply was popping a question out there to maybe get some other than interesting results like a true concensious of ONE(1) simple way of doing busness for the honest true hard working man/woman and not really getting a rash of crap from those that think price gouging is the way to go about things. Anyways, as I said I was mearly thinking outside the box on a simple single minded idea is all. Thanks everyone for all the good feed back.
    In 2007 My wife and I were injured in a head on collision with a drunk driver. I didn't work for a year and for a while it looked like I was never going back. Until the insurance company's started paying we were living on what we could sell. I sold 167 guns from my collection. Mostly long guns, mostly Mill-Surp, and mostly C&R. I could have sold these on the internet, but that would have consumed most of my time. Instead I found a local dealer who sold both from his store and on the net. He started at a 10% fee but quit charging me anything after about 6 weeks. Id drop off 5 new ones each week and the new stock was bring in so many customers he said the fee wasn't necessary.

If I had to ever do it again Id do the same. No shipping, No packing, No worries. Hopefully if I have to do it again it will be the grand kids dropping them at the LGS and picking up the checks! DR

BTW, any FFL out there will do the paperwork, make the call, and take your $25-$50 off your hands. I know my LGS will gladly do it. If it makes you feel better, find a LGS to do it. But for the most part, we have that covered here in NC because a CCP or PPP requires a background check. We could discuss the validity and necessity of either of those, but that's probably another thread.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Quote Originally Posted by packing View Post
    I heard that registration of guns leads to confiscation of guns but I could never find an example in history of this happening in a democracy. In a non-democratic state guns are taken from you or your heirs, not confiscated. Cars are registered and are required to carry certain levels of insurance and a license plate, so why not guns? Why are all the military style guns so popular? If any gun owner thinks he can go up against the US military, then he really shouldn't have a gun.
    Germany .... Hitler , was initially "elected" .... twice.

Chavez..... the country 'was' a democracy, and he was elected. Then he just threw out the constitution .... and declared himself leader, that is before doing mass confiscations of the gun of any opponenets. Much like Hitler did, but he also killed off a lot of his opponents rather quickly.... with the excuse they were committing treason with a plan to take over the Govt. But it wasn't them that were planning to take over the Govt.
    aus71383 likes this.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Quote Originally Posted by tacman605 View Post
    Eagleks. I am well aware of what and who the NICS checks go through and what they require. Please read the bold portion, NCIC stands for the National Crime Information Center just as ACIC stands for Arkansas Crime Information Center. Many police departments no longer offer this as some considered it releasing sensitive information.
    Not around here, the local PD has always done it. Others around the state who I know, and who've we've discussed this, all say their's do as well. Can only tell you that they do it here with no problem.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Profits. After ruining the business for local small-operation grocery stores, hardware and paint stores, opticians, clothing and shoe stores, etc., what makes you think they won't see a new profit center opportunity because of an enlarged pool of potential new customers streaming in for low cost transfers.

And if things get too busy at the gun counter for one or two clerks all they have to do is hire another part-time, minimum wage person, spend half a day training him/her and rake in more profits when the new customers browse the gun and ammo displays while waiting for the background checks and paperwork to be completed.

Ed

Anyone thought about having a FFL dealer be middle man when selling guns privately?

Some individuals will only sell to other CHL holders, that would be the equivalent of working thru an FFL without any expense, paperwork or hassle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yoda, I am, yes.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links