Just because you can... - Page 2

Just because you can...

This is a discussion on Just because you can... within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I don't care what anyone thinks of my purchases, but I did buy an AR lower earlier than I had planned because of fear of ...

View Poll Results: Have you ever bought a gun "just because"?

Voters
128. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I have bought one just to annoy the anti's.

4 3.13%
  • I buy them because of what the future may bring

21 16.41%
  • Never cared what anyone thought

102 79.69%
  • I wouldnt consider buying one just to annoy someone because I am a caring sensitive person

1 0.78%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Just because you can...

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    I don't care what anyone thinks of my purchases, but I did buy an AR lower earlier than I had planned because of fear of what is to come.
    Walk softly ...

I buy what I want and never really cared what anyone thought.
    "As a strong supporter of our 2nd Amendment rights, I believe tougher enforcement of our nation's existing gun laws must be done before any more laws are enacted and put on the books."
    Jeff Miller

GENERALLY, I don't care. But detached stimuli has certainly spurred a purchase or two out of concern for availability and what not... Usually something I wanted anyway, but figured I best go out and make the purchase while I can.
    NRA Life / Endowment UT, FL, IL

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    I bought each gun for a reason and didn't care what anyone else thought.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    I'll be the first to admit, I did it just last night. I bought a GSG HK MP5 clone, a .22 actually, just because it looks wicked and because it scares some people to death. I didnt "need" it as I have several dozen other rifles, I didnt even really want it. An opportunity to get it came up at the spur of the moment, it was a great price, new in the box,never shot so I basically said, "what the heck" and got it.
    How much do you want for it?
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

What I spend my money on is my business.
    Rock and Glock likes this.

The first four guns I've purchased have all been in the past two weeks. They are all for concealed carry and home defense and I purchased them now because I am concerned about the ability to do so in the near future.

Just because you can...

I buy what I want simply because I enjoy shooting. While one of the driving motivations is defense, both home and CC, I simply enjoy owning, firing, and maintaining firearms. I believe that most quality firearms are functional works of art.

My latest purchase, which I am very excited about, is a Colt 1911 Lightweight Commando. This pistol has a lightweight Cmdr. frame with an Officers slide. It weighs 26 ounces unloaded and holds 8+1 of .45 ACP. It was built by the Colt Custom Shop in a limited run of 250. This should be a blast!

i have for a lot of reasons, my .22 mark II was a plinker, my .20 gauge is DD wanted it my newest m&p40 was because I wanted it and I wanted bigger then the .38 as felt I could get that pretty easy as it was a revolver if something did happen. I am kinda halfway looking for an AR but if I don't find one I am ok with it too I will just move on to my tactical 870 I want....

I don't much care what anyone else thinks about my gun purchases.
    I buy what I think will serve me well...lots of Glocks fall into that category.
    OD* likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    I'll be the first to admit, I did it just last night. I bought a GSG HK MP5 clone, a .22 actually, just because it looks wicked and because it scares some people to death. I didnt "need" it as I have several dozen other rifles, I didnt even really want it. An opportunity to get it came up at the spur of the moment, it was a great price, new in the box,never shot so I basically said, "what the heck" and got it.
    I've purchased one of those to. Just for the hell of it, it looked cool and fun to shoot, I knew my kids would love it. Went to the range today with it and had a blast. Had a couple of people ask about it too.

Never bought anything to make a statement. If I bought it, I wanted or needed it. Never really gave much thought to what anyone else thought when it came to fireamrs related purchases.
    "Safety is something that happens between your ears, not something you hold in your hands. " Col. Jeff Cooper

Proud member NRA, VCDL, USPSA, IDPA & DADD ( if you have daughters, you understand )

Quote Originally Posted by pittypat21 View Post
    How much do you want for it?
    Going by current pricing, I would guess around $1500. If you want mags with it, they're about $95 apiece
    "Safety is something that happens between your ears, not something you hold in your hands. " Col. Jeff Cooper

Proud member NRA, VCDL, USPSA, IDPA & DADD ( if you have daughters, you understand )

VIP Member
    Not so far, no. Been thinking lately that an M1A or Sig 556 might be good not because I want one, but because I might need one.

I wouldnt consider buying one just to annoy someone because I am a caring sensitive person

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

Senior Moderator
    Going by current pricing, I would guess around $1500. If you want mags with it, they're about $95 apiece
    Nah. Got 350 in it. Brand new, never been shot.

Rock and Glock and BurgerBoy like this.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links