Ben Shapiro from Breitbart slams Piers Morgan on Gun Control

This is a discussion on Ben Shapiro from Breitbart slams Piers Morgan on Gun Control within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; good job http://hotair.com/archives/2013/01/1...nt-alex-jones/...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Ben Shapiro from Breitbart slams Piers Morgan on Gun Control

darbo, kmagnuss and zacii like this.

2. Remove Ads

I enjoyed seeing that airbag get cut down.

I thought he did a gr8 job!
    EDC=Ruger LCP
    Florida CWFL
    NRA Member

NMB
    Shapiro certainly didnt pull any punches did he!

Good Interview.
    NRA Member
    Certified Kitchen Gunsmith

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive."
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Yogi223 View Post
    I enjoyed seeing that airbag get cut down.
    Problem is the airbag speaks to airheads and they agree him! That's the battle we face.

Maybe I have a weak point but I have never heard anyone counter, the why do Americans need assault weapons question, with the something along the lines of why do "you" need a 4000 pound, 450 horsepower vehicle to haul your 40 pound child to soccer practice. Which part of the Constitution covers the right to keep and bear SUVs? Just a thought!

Quote Originally Posted by darbo View Post
    Maybe I have a weak point but I have never heard anyone counter, the why do Americans need assault weapons question, with the something along the lines of why do "you" need a 4000 pound, 450 horsepower vehicle to haul your 40 pound child to soccer practice. Which part of the Constitution covers the right to keep and bear SUVs? Just a thought!
    In a couple of private conversations my rebuttal has been that I alone am responsible for the protection of my family and my property. No one, including the POTUS, Piers or the police can evaluate the hazards (perceived or real) for me and to prescribe the weapon or method that I should use. I concede that exsplosives, automatics and tanks can't be in my arsenal but that is the limit of my concessions.

Quote Originally Posted by Yogi223 View Post
    In a couple of private conversations my rebuttal has been that I alone am responsible for the protection of my family and my property. No one, including the POTUS, Piers or the police can evaluate the hazards (perceived or real) for me and to prescribe the weapon or method that I should use. I concede that exsplosives, automatics and tanks can't be in my arsenal but that is the limit of my concessions.
    Ahh but automatics CAN be. Just gotta pay the $200 stamp and the BIG price tag on one.

I think Ben did a great job dealing with that idiot... It wouldn't bother me one bit to read Morgans Obit.
    Spirit51 likes this.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Piers looks a bit tired and perhaps could use a cup of coffee to perk himself up. Here, I'll pour you some.

Spirit51 likes this.

VIP Member
    What amazes me is the fact that Morgan hasen't turned his "Redcoat" and run all the way back home.

He gets beat up in the media every day it seems.
    He sure must be a glutton for punishment.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

I've seen this video, and have been discussing it so many different places online, it's hard to remember which conversation was where.

Shapiro did a top notch job of exposing Morgan as a bully. I liked how he used the 'children in Chicago' to show the holes in his argument. If he really cared about murdered children, then what about the kids in Chicago? Why not ban handguns, too?

Where I differ from Shapiro was his agreement for more background checks and a national registry. I found it ironic that he mentioned his ancestors being ashes in Europe because of their lack of arms, but was in favor of a registry which led to the confiscation of said arms.

He articulated well that the founders put the second amendment in to arm the people against a tyrannical government. But with more background checks, how are those same people going to get permission to buy those weapons from the same entity that is trying to disarm them?
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    What amazes me is the fact that Morgan hasen't turned his "Redcoat" and run all the way back home.

He gets beat up in the media every day it seems.
    He sure must be a glutton for punishment.
    I agree. What amazes me is that he and others are constantly comparing us to Britain, and sound like they want the US to become more like Britain.

Don't those fools realize that we tried to get away from that centuries ago?

My family got out of there in the 17th century, why in the name of all that's sacred would we want to go back to that mess?

Want to see what progressiveness looks like after 3 centuries? Look at Britain. It's considered a crime to defend yourself there, and you must submit to the whims of criminals...

Plfbbbt they probably still think the war was over tea
    Rock and Glock and GaryB like this.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    It's because he's not welcome in Britain. Everyone hates him over there for many of the same reasons as here.

Senior Member Array sonnycrocket's Avatar
    i think he did an OK job
    at the end of the day you will never change a liberal anti gunners mind
    UNLESS
    he/she have a horrific event happen to them by a bad guy that makes them want to protect themselves
    I was one of them till I got myself to the gun range and started poppin paper and I was hooked , 40 guns later
    I classify myself as a gunner :)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links