I GOTTA have one of these--PPK/S in .22LR

This is a discussion on I GOTTA have one of these--PPK/S in .22LR within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; That PPK/S in .22 looks very nice, but....if it doesn't work out for some reason, you might consider the Keltec PF9 with a Twisted Industries ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: I GOTTA have one of these--PPK/S in .22LR

That PPK/S in .22 looks very nice, but....if it doesn't work out for some reason, you might consider the Keltec PF9 with a Twisted Industries .22LR conversion. I know, I know..."Keltec = junk", what a lot of people think. But bear with me a minute.

I've had my PF9 for about 5 years (and about 4K rounds thru it) with no problems, no misfeeds, no FTE, no FTF. I've purchased an extended mag for it (8 rounds vs standard 7 rounds), and the only problem is that once in a while the slide won't lock back on last round in that extended mag.

Just a few weeks ago, I received the TI conversion kit (slide, recoil spring assembly, barrel, mag), and it was a 2 minute conversion: 9mm slide, recoil assbly & barrel off, .22LR slide, recoil assmbly & barrel on, load ammo into .22LR mag, ready to go. Shoots well with most ammo (although they suggest CCI Mini-mags), accurate (for a pistol with small sight radius), and most importantly, I can practice WITH MY CARRY GUN using cheaper .22 ammo.

Swap the conversion kit out, and I have my 9mm carry pistol back in action...best of both worlds!

Yes, you might get a PF9 "lemon", but you send it off to the factory, and depending on what the problem is, you may just receive a new pistol in return. Spare parts are inexpensive (I purchased several front & rear sights for experiments at $1 each from the factory). In fact, I do a lot of experimentation with the pistol since it's so inexpensive; wont' do that with my more expensive pistols.

Just a thought...

2. Remove Ads

Go look at a Bersa 22 - very well made gun

...I had a PPK/S .380 bluesteel in the 70s...Armoloyed it...loved that little plinker!!! I'm gonna have to have this one if it turns out to be made well...something about the style just won't let go!!! I tried the TPH and it just ain't the same...this may be it...

I was in a gun store not long ago and one of the employees showed me the .22 PPK he was carrying. It was very, very nice. It felt great in the hand. I think it'd be a really nice one to have someday.
    Snub44 likes this.
    You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass. --Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto
    If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. --Albert Einstein
    You taught us to imagine, and we imagined your irrelevance! --Dalek Caan

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links