Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness

This is a discussion on Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; In the Piers Morgan vs. Shapiro interview , Piers kept repeating, and not just him, but a lot of politicians, "why do you need a ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By ExactlyMyPoint
  • 1 Post By stanislaskasava
  • 1 Post By BigJon10125
  • 1 Post By Cold Shot

Thread: Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar

Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness

In the Piers Morgan vs. Shapiro interview, Piers kept repeating, and not just him, but a lot of politicians, "why do you need a 30 round magazine/assault rifle?"

It occurred to me that one of the reasons we separated from England in 1776 was to pursue life, liberty and happiness. It is not for him to decide what I need. No one needs to decide what I need, or what makes me happy as long as I do not harm anyone else. I should be free to choose whatever pursuits I wish. Piers Morgan personifies everything that is wrong with the English nanny state. That there is someone else who needs to control your life and decide what you do and do not need. It happened in 1776 and it does not seem to have changed much since then.

So Piers, I ask you, why do you need the car you drive when there are people who are forced to take mass transit because they cannot afford any car? Why do you need the house you live in when so many are homeless? Why do you need to dine at expensive restaurants while the rest of the world is starving? Why do you need to see the best doctors when there are people who have no health care at all? And I can go on.

Piers, go home!
    aus71383 likes this.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array stanislaskasava's Avatar
    Whoever taxes The People for not buying an intangible product (health insurance) is surely a tyrant! People who do not resist this absurd tyranny have also slept through the restriction of bearing arms in a free country. It boggles.
    aus71383 likes this.

You are both exactly correct. It is not about needs it is about freedom. It is about what our soldiers fought to defend and our founders fought to protect and secure. The issue that no one on the other side can ever justify is why I need to respect their rights and freedoms yet they do not respect mine. I have said it many times, I do not begrudge your willingness to be a victim yet you seek to limit my unwillingness to be a victim.

Standard double standard of those who think they know best.
    aus71383 likes this.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

VIP Member
    I agree, good points
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

No doubt. Humans don't really need much at all. Regular water and food every once in a while and call it good. I've spent many nights sleeping outside under the stars with no shelter in various conditions, so that isn't even necessary.

And exactly like the OP said, this foreigner thinks it's appropriate to live in this country and drive his cars and have his tv show, but then has the nerve to tell other people what they can and cannot do. What a jerk.
    msgt/ret likes this.

VIP Member
    I agree, I NEED food, water, and shelter everything else is a WANT and there is no NEED to justify or explain to some Holier Than Thou imbecile why I want and will acquire my WANTS.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    Morgan is a hypocrit, he talks about there is no need for SD weapons, but he is closely followed by an armed bodyguard. I am sure that the gorilla that is always close by him when he is out in public places is not his administrative assistant. I have sent two e-mails to CNN expressing my disapproval of the Morgan show and with no reply to date. I will also watch the show again to see what companies run ads on the show and then inundate them with e- mails expressing my refusal to support their products if they continue running ads on the show.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

Links