range glasses

range glasses

This is a discussion on range glasses within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Anyone know which brand/type shooting glasses work well outside while also wearing ear muffs for hearing protection. Read a couple reviews that said the glasses ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By krisspy

Thread: range glasses

Question range glasses

Anyone know which brand/type shooting glasses work well outside while also wearing ear muffs for hearing protection. Read a couple reviews that said the glasses created gap between the muffs allowing too much noise to get in. Thanks for any help.

Distinguished Member Array Exacto's Avatar
    Iv'e never known that to be a problem.
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunder bolt...... Sun Tzu.

The supreme art of war is to defeat the enemy without fighting........ Sun Tzu.

Just wear foam plugs under your muffs.
    MamaMaria likes this.

What krisspy said. I'm a big fan of plugs + muffs. I like my hearing; I'd like to keep it as long as I can. Remember, hearing damage is cumulative.
    EDC--XD9 Service and/or XDs-45 depending on my mood
    Soon-to-be new mama to a S&W 66-2 4"

For me, it isn't just that the muffs don't seal as well with glasses on. It's also that the muffs pinch the glasses frames into my head, which gets downright uncomfortable after about 15 minutes.

Like MamaMaria, I'm a fan of plugs + muffs, and that's always what I wear when I'm shooting handguns by myself. However, when I'm shooting with someone (and would like to be able to communicate with them without violating range rules), my electronic muffs without earplugs are ideal. But they're quite uncomfortable with glasses. I've tried several types of glasses and all manner of muff adjustments, and it's always the same problem. Maybe someone will post with a good solution.
    "...people who carry a gun understand that they are arming themselves against a very unlikely event... People who arm themselves are not confused about the odds. They are concerned about the stakes. -Kathy Jackson
    NRA Life Member

Links