Don't we already have background checks?

This is a discussion on Don't we already have background checks? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Maybe I'm naive, but can you buy guns without a background check? obviously personalsales don't count. every gun I've purchased from a dealer has included ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Don't we already have background checks?

Maybe I'm naive, but can you buy guns without a background check? obviously personalsales don't count. every gun I've purchased from a dealer has included an FBI background check... even the shotgun. I also had a background check for my ccw. so what exactly is Biden targeting when he says he wants background checks. I'm very confused.

To include all firearm transfers including F2F sales and sales at gunshow.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

We do here in NJ....also mental health report.......we've got it all in this gun unfriendly state......we're lucky...IMO.

He might be able to regulate gun shows, but f2f- no way. That's how the bg's get their guns now. Why does it seem to me that getting elected sucks out so much of your brain.

This is just a means of limiting the second amendment. It is a power grab nothing more.

VIP Member
    Yes. Every transaction that takes place from a licensed firearm dealer has to be run though NICS. Some states have set their weapons permits to function as an NICS check, so they may not "dial in" in the same manner as other states, but the end result is every firearm that is purchased through an FFL has a verification process that clears the sale of weapons.

Biden want to address the "gun show loophole" which is a fallacy in the first place. There is no gun show loophole. Every FFL at every gun show abides by the same laws as they do when they are sitting behind the counter of their shop. No difference. You buy a gun from an FFL at a gun show and they will run the same NICS check on you as if you were in their shop. What Biden wants to do is make every sale between two private individuals take place through an FFL, so the federal government can 'track' all these "loophole" sales.

It's important for everyone to fully understand what they are saying. There is no "loophole". They want to put a federal layer of oversight into private party sales.
    mano3 and darbo like this.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

F2F? I'm new on the forum and still learning the lingo. face 2 face I imagine is what it means, but I wanted to check. I'm assuming that would be personal sales. if so, how on earth are they going to regulate that. if I sell my gun to my brother how an I supposed to do an FBI background check. silly politicians.

Attention Attention Attention

Back alley Illegal Gun sale back ground checks available here!!!!

We give frequent flyer and Group Discounts!!!!

If you find a better price anywhere let us know we will beat it and pay you the difference!!!

I am going to make a killing at this

JLI likes this.
    Mors est libertas

MALAD JUSTED

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JLI View Post
    F2F? I'm new on the forum and still learning the lingo. face 2 face I imagine is what it means, but I wanted to check. I'm assuming that would be personal sales. if so, how on earth are they going to regulate that. if I sell my gun to my brother how an I supposed to do an FBI background check. silly politicians.
    No, you won't do the NICS. You'll have to take that firearm to a registered FFL and pay them to do the NICS before you can sell him the firearm. They'll be able to track it because they'll make sure create some other law saying that they will have to maintain a database of all weapons ownership so they can actually enforce these laws. That way if you decide to "sell" your pistol to your brother and you don't go through an FFL, you'll be guilty of a felony... Sounds great, don't it?
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    And just to sweeten the deal I bet they'll come up with some way to tax the sale based on a standard value sheet...
    darbo likes this.
    NRA Life Member

I believe this is an entire smoke screen to avoid testifying.... Behngazi and Fast & Furious....where their true problems lie.....America wants answers.

another reason to keep your guns and never sell em.....
    Ksgunner likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Armey View Post
    another reason to keep your guns and never sell em.....
    What gun's?
    Mors est libertas

MALAD JUSTED

TX, that really clears this up for me. Thank you. Unfortunately I'm a little more worried than I was.
    TX expat and darbo like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JLI View Post
    TX, that really clears this up for me. Thank you. Unfortunately I'm a little more worried than I was.
    We're all worried. Write your legislators, join the NRA if you haven't already. Educate anyone who will listen about the dangers of selling off freedoms for a false sense of security.

The great majority of us are right there with you and we're doing all we can as well.
    mano3 and DC like this.
    NRA Life Member

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links