Medina gun show today (crazy)

This is a discussion on Medina gun show today (crazy) within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Well it has been awhile since I have been to a gun show so I thought I would give it a shot and see what ...

Like Tree7Likes
  • 2 Post By aus71383
  • 1 Post By ErnieNWillis
  • 2 Post By Bad Bob
  • 2 Post By vanagonnuts

Thread: Medina gun show today (crazy)

Distinguished Member Array OhioCatter's Avatar

Medina gun show today (crazy)

Well it has been awhile since I have been to a gun show so I thought I would give it a shot and see what was up. It was the craziest thing I have ever seen. Let me give you just a little recap of some of the GREAT deals I found today .

1,000 rounds of Wolf .223 ammo..... cost.......$1,000.00. Yes that was the cost.

Gen 3 Glock 17 and 19 $649.00 each
    Glock mags your choice $50.00 used $90.00 new

M&P's $600.00+

I'm not an AR guy so I can't tell you all the models and gazillion configurations but I know the prices were through the roof. The cheapest AR that I personally seen was $1,500.00 and at the top was a Colt at $3,000.00.

AK styles from $700.00 to $1,000.00.

I found a unique gun there as well for gun shows (in my area at least). I seen an AUG that a man had padlocked to his table on the backside closest to him and he only wanted........$3,999.00 for it . Man I was almost all over that but I was a dollar short on the price .

Now, not everyone had these crazy figures on their stuff but for the most part it was jacked up quite a bit. The sad part about all of this is there were actually a lot of people paying these inflated prices like it was the last day to ever buy a gun and there was going to be an apocalypse tomorrow. I kid you not some of the lines just to get in were probably 1/4 mile long (no lie, standing line). If I had to guess there had to be upwards of 1k people there. After listening to some of the people in the buildings and in the line I am coming to a conclusion that some of these people have no business owning guns. These are the types that hurt us more than help us in our cause. I'm glad I have what I need and am willing to wait for things I don't have yet until the prices and craziness slows down. If you come across a good deal out there jump on it and let's all help each other find those good deals. NO MORE GUN SHOWS for quite a while again.

2. Remove Ads

Was it Medina or Cuyahoga. Decided not to go exactly for the reasons you commented on, and didn't feel like getting stuck in the mud after all the rain yesterday.

"After listening to some of the people in the buildings and in the line I am coming to a conclusion that some of these people have no business owning guns. These are the types that hurt us more than help us in our cause."

Be careful....maybe some new or immature gun owners just need some instruction and guidance.

Austin
    pittypat21 and blanco64 like this.

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar
    Taking my AR to the gun show today. Paid $799 + tax in 2009. I will entertain all rediculously stupid offers!
    AngryBadger417 likes this.

Wow...
    US Air Force, 1986 - 2007

"To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." George Mason

I thought about going to a show not too far from me today just to show support. Just about no way I'd buy anything at a show right now unless I saw something that I knew was a good deal. Since it was about 90 minutes away I passed.

As far as people who "shouldn't" own guns, I agree with aus71383. People who own guns will likely be on "our" side. We may need to provide some guidance. We all won't necessarily approve of everyone, but the vast majority will probably help us more than hurt us.

VIP Member
    I went to the show at the Franklin County Fairgrounds in Hilliard today. Wall-to-wall people, with the cheapest black rifle I saw being a $1000 Krinkov. ARs started at $1500, and about half the crowd had one slung over a shoulder. I saw surprisingly few actual transactions being made. I then drove over to Vance's, took a number, and saw that there were about eighty people ahead of me. Finally, I drove to Sportsmen's Den and bought the last full-sized M&P 9mm they had for $509 out the door. I had to wait two hours for the insta-check, as did a dozen other people. Interesting times we live in.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

I have not seen a good deal at a gun show in over 10 years.
    mano3 and Secret Spuk like this.
    My rifle and pistol are tools, I am the weapon.

“Moral indignation is jealousy with a halo.”
    - H. G. Wells -

Quote Originally Posted by 40Bob View Post
    I have not seen a good deal at a gun show in over 10 years.
    ^This

went looking for lever guns and a K-frame...what did I come home with? money...
    mano3 and Secret Spuk like this.

I've been tempted to go to that show. Never been to one. Now I'm glad I didn't. Thanks for the post.

Links