Equipment and gun platform that use the same springs/parts.

This is a discussion on Equipment and gun platform that use the same springs/parts. within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Does anyone know if there is any equipment or guns that use the same spring or internal parts. I am wondering if someone can pick ...

Does anyone know if there is any equipment or guns that use the same spring or internal parts. I am wondering if someone can pick up some springs for a piece of equipment and use them or modify them for use in a gun platform of some kind.
    "Gun Free Zones" is where only criminals carry guns.

Senior Member Array IAm_Not_Lost's Avatar
    I am not 100% sure that I am understanding you correctly; are you asking if some specific miscellaneous equipment has springs that will work in gun platforms? I'm sure many springs found in normal equipment would work in a gun, no doubt, but it seems like gun springs are relatively inexpensive.
    "Brilliant. So now we got a huge guy theory, and a serial crusher theory. Top notch. What's your name?" - Paul Smecker

Quote Originally Posted by IAm_Not_Lost View Post
    I am not 100% sure that I am understanding you correctly; are you asking if some specific miscellaneous equipment has springs that will work in gun platforms? I'm sure many springs found in normal equipment would work in a gun, no doubt, but it seems like gun springs are relatively inexpensive.
    Yes. I am trying to find some specific springs and everything is back ordered. Even though I don't think it will be immediately, I suspect that internet sales of gun parts are going to become more limited. Bank of America is already trying to steal money from internet sites that deal with guns. So I am wondering if there is a gun platform that uses springs/parts that available from other sources.

ah.. Now it makes sense. You aren't actually crazy, just thinking outside the box.

If you could make and heat treat your own springs....you'd be all set. I think they are specific enough that finding a "suitable substitute" will be difficult.

That said - I'm sure they're out there. Everything is on the internet. Here's a start: aMsp | Dowel Pins, Compression Springs, Torsion, Keys, Nuts

There are plenty more websites that sell little bits and pieces like this. In most cases shipping is going to ruin it for you.

Austin

"If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Quote Originally Posted by DMan View Post
    Does anyone know if there is any equipment or guns that use the same spring or internal parts. I am wondering if someone can pick up some springs for a piece of equipment and use them or modify them for use in a gun platform of some kind.
    If it is for a Glock, try lonewolfdist.com

They were back ordered on springs, but I think they are restocked now. If it isn't a Glock, I don't know how to help...
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by Badey View Post
    If it is for a Glock, try lonewolfdist.com

They were back ordered on springs, but I think they are restocked now. If it isn't a Glock, I don't know how to help...
    I know where I can currently find them, but like it was said above, thinking out of the box. Time for someone to design one based on industrial parts available for other "stuff".

My order for an AR parts kit is backordered - started my build before it all happened, but waited to long to get my order in for the springs I need. (Building over time on a budget, which is now going to be blown out of the water).

Links