I Went To A LGShow Today And - Page 3

I Went To A LGShow Today And

This is a discussion on I Went To A LGShow Today And within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Armydad 22lr is pretty scarce around here as well. I think many people have realized that 22lr is an effective survival round. ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: I Went To A LGShow Today And

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Armydad View Post
    22lr is pretty scarce around here as well. I think many people have realized that 22lr is an effective survival round.
    They don't reload, are afraid of new ammo taxes, and want it for inexpensive practice. I bought 2,000 rounds of it last summer for my grandkids to practice with, still have about 1,500 rounds of it. But it's like gone to bare shelves everywhere here too.

Fitch
    “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety), by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.” by H. L. Mencken

When gun shows were more of a " swap " meet it was much better. Private folks with their collections were more prevalent and FFL venders were not there with their retail prices.

Really cool and interesting stuff was on the table, and a good horse trader could have a good time.

The retail business at gun shows have ruined them. I am done with shows.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

We went to the one in Mesa this weekend. It took about 45 minutes to get in. It was crowded inside but not as bad as I thought. I did see a guy outside selling Colt ar 40 round mags, I thought, hmmm I wonder how much. I came back empty handed when he said $75, I said EACH??? LOL I did see him sell some though.
    Magazine prices inside were crazy. Ammo was priced high too. I did pick up some 45 ACP bullets though, they were a good price, now I have 500 more to reload. LOL!
    It was kind of fun to walk around and see the prices some were asking for things...

Be safe!
    NEVER point a gun at something you are not prepared to destroy!
    AND for GODS sake, get your finger off the trigger until you are ready to squeeze the trigger!

Quote Originally Posted by AZ_Larz_NY View Post
    We went to the one in Mesa this weekend. It took about 45 minutes to get in. It was crowded inside but not as bad as I thought. I did see a guy outside selling Colt ar 40 round mags, I thought, hmmm I wonder how much. I came back empty handed when he said $75, I said EACH??? LOL I did see him sell some though.
    Magazine prices inside were crazy. Ammo was priced high too. I did pick up some 45 ACP bullets though, they were a good price, now I have 500 more to reload. LOL!
    It was kind of fun to walk around and see the prices some were asking for things...

Be safe!
    Just curious - what did you pay for .45 bullets, and whose/what brand were they?
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by gunslingergirl View Post
    deleted by poster - I was being silly. No offense meant.
    I didn't see it. I always miss the good stuff!
    Build your own! http://www.ktordnance.com/kto/

Jetico.......BC Wipe

Is that reasonably priced for gun show prices or everday LGS prices? The only reason I go is for the opportunity to get my mits on a wide variety of merchandise for a reasonable admission fee.

Ex Member
    Just a question: If you sell your house will you sell it for what you paid 20, 30, or 40 years ago or do you want the market price TODAY? Me? I got PLENTY of ammo. Been buying it for years. While others been enjoying their cash I been investing mine in ammo. It NEVER goes down, and if I needed a few bucks I sold 500-1000. Sometime you guess right, and sometimes wrong.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links