Scared myself today - thought I had a ND for a moment

This is a discussion on Scared myself today - thought I had a ND for a moment within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; How did I do that? Well, if you knew me . . . I can joke about it now, because after a few moments, I ...

Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By Jemsaal
  • 5 Post By dukalmighty
  • 1 Post By F350_6
  • 1 Post By grav

Thread: Scared myself today - thought I had a ND for a moment

Scared myself today - thought I had a ND for a moment

How did I do that? Well, if you knew me . . .

I can joke about it now, because after a few moments, I realized there was nothing dangerous going on - of course, my heart was still racing. I wasn't going to post this here, but I thought you all might as well have a laugh tonight.

I just got home from picking up dinner. When I'm driving, my weapon is in a Remora holster in the sidepocket on the door. I pulled into my garage, parked, got out of my car and shifted everything to my left hand. That leaves my right hand free to pick up my weapon. As soon as the webbing between my thumb and forefinger touch the back of the gun - finger extended straight out, the loudest noise I've heard in a long time rings out in the closed garage, along with a bright light.

For a split second I think, My God! ND! What have I done! Then the sounds goes off AGAIN! That's when I realize what else I have in my other hand.

I HATE car alarms on a key fob.
    DMan likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Oh man, at least you had clean underwear nearby

Didn't know car alarms went "BANG"
    Crowman, foxytwo, OldVet and 2 others like this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Didn't know car alarms went "BANG"
    If they did, they probably would get more attention that the current beeping that always gets ignored.
    RemMod597 likes this.

You could have had your very own "Al Roker moment". C'mon everybody, do the dookie dance!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfRazBKBUc8
    Italian2060 likes this.
    It's all part of the big picture.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    If my gun going off sounds like a horn honking or some other silly car alarm, I'm sending it in to Glock for repairs.
    Retired USAF E-8. Avatar is OldVet from days long gone. Oh, to be young again.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

LOL - no bang. It was the instant noise and flash of light that got me before I could process - "Car alarm" instead of "ND." It doesn't help that as I was reaching for it, I was thinking to myself that I want to be careful so that I didn't have a ND, so I was kind of already setting my mind up in that direction.

Remember, I've only been carrying for about a month, so I'm very wary of these kinds of things still.

Links