The Swiss and Guns: Why Switzerland Has the Lowest Crime Rate in the World

This is a discussion on The Swiss and Guns: Why Switzerland Has the Lowest Crime Rate in the World within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; ...

Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By mrreynolds
  • 1 Post By ccw9mm
  • 1 Post By bigsky109

Thread: The Swiss and Guns: Why Switzerland Has the Lowest Crime Rate in the World

The Swiss and Guns: Why Switzerland Has the Lowest Crime Rate in the World

2. Remove Ads

All anti-gun folks need to view this........
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Nice clip.

With about 8 million people they are nothing but a very large city. they are a place where every BG hides there money so they make a huge profit from it.
    Pretty easy to have a laid back society with that setup.
    You can not compare a place like Switzerland to a country like like ours.
    But this is America most here think Switzerland is really a country it is not a large city maybe.
    Heck they still refuse to teach in our school about how they robbed the Jews of their saving .

Correlation is one thing; causality, though, is something else entirely. The "why" of things is often highly complex. Japan's largely devoid of such things due to their basic civility as people (criminally speaking); the Swiss, likely other key factors as well; the folks in Singapore, likely the harsh sentencing has much to do with keeping a lid on the ugly stuff.

That said, the guy is spot-on when he says, "The key to freedom is to have the ability to defend yourself. If you don't have that ..." I'm sure that general training, preparedness and backing by their method of administering governance combines to create a fairly responsible, respectful, focused population that knows very well what it means to be prepared and capable of defending themselves.

Absolutely. You want to attempt to screw over folks? Then you'll have to answer to the people, one way or another. You want to come to take down an entire People? Then you'll have that entire population against you, using every means at their disposal to ensure disposal of you and yours until you exit. A significant deterrent.
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

You go there and u will notice not many thugs walking abt looking for an advantage to victimize someone.
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard58 View Post
    You go there and u will notice not many thugs walking abt looking for an advantage to victimize someone.
    You have no gangs nor any of the other things we allow here . They will just deport the problem to the US

I've been to Switzerland quite a few times; long enough to claim that I've spent nearly a month there between these trips. I've been to the French and German speaking areas mainly. It would best be described as a small country. It has several important cities, and a great deal of rural setting. There are suburbs and bedroom communities, farms, vacation areas, ski slopes and alpine resorts. It is a country with all the complications of maintaining a sovereign state. I'm sure the question of why they have been able to maintain that sovereignty is complex, but perhaps we can agree that it has something to do (as we ourselves often claim and Yamamoto seemed to confirm) with the fact that there could be an angry Swiss man with a selective fire rifle waiting in every Chalet, or behind every tree. Bashing the Swiss and their argument for their militia system only hurts us. I'm happy to get on board with Euro-bashing, if that is to be the game, but I would personally refrain when it's about something that I think they have got EXACTLY RIGHT!

Best line. "The key to freedom is the ability to defend yourself"

That is what the anti's just don't get.
    No trees were harmed in the construction of this post. However a large number of electrons were indiscriminately aroused.

They also have a smaller percent of their population who are criminals.

Distinguished Member Array BurgerBoy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by harrymut View Post
    They also have a smaller percent of their population who are criminals.
    Wonder why? It's because everybody has guns and the criminals know it. Criminals are cowards at heart. They only want to find victims who can't fight back.

It would work here too if we all had guns.
    Vietnam Veteran - 1966-1970 USASA
    Carry Pistol. Glock 23, .40 Cal.
    Carry Pistol. Glock 19, 9mm.
    Give me a minute before I post again.

Good clip....I found a line for my signature in this video..."The key to freedom is the ability to defend yourself"
    BurgerBoy likes this.
    "The key to freedom is the ability to defend yourself"

Quote Originally Posted by bigsky109 View Post
    Good clip....I found a line for my signature in this video..."The key to freedom is the ability to defend yourself"
    I agree therefore that statement would apply most to the aforementioned previously enslaved population the most, would it not? That's one to grow on.

Links