Fically responisble gun buying

This is a discussion on Fically responisble gun buying within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I have given thought to buying a gun in the next couple days here (hopefully before this AWB or any new leglislation is passed) with ...

Like Tree14Likes
  • 1 Post By darebear
  • 7 Post By Rock and Glock
  • 2 Post By Bigpoppa48
  • 4 Post By stanislaskasava

Thread: Fically responisble gun buying

I have given thought to buying a gun in the next couple days here (hopefully before this AWB or any new leglislation is passed) with my Credit Card. Now I have a small emergency fund of 1000. My bills are paid, and I have cash for misc expenses but I don't have money to buy a new gun right now or pay off my credit card the month after I purchase it. I would have to carry the balance on my credit card for two to four months before I get it fully paid off.

Is this a bad decision or good decision or should I just keep saving and hope any leglislation that gets passed won't effect what I'm trying to buy?

(Just fyi it's a handgun purchase... Glock 19)
    tony1990 likes this.

Keep saving. CC interest rates are too high, and nothing will move that fast, if ever, in Washington.

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    Keep saving. CC interest rates are too high, and nothing will move that fast, if ever, in Washington.
    Good and wise advice.
    Exacto and DMan like this.

Tough decision. Buy it now & you are sure you have it, and if the ban doesn't happen, then you'll be kicking yourself for "how much" you paid for it and will never recover. Don't get it now, and a ban does occur, and you're out having one.
    Good luck with the decision, I'm not sure anyone can give you answer to that one. I don't think any of it's predictible right now. What I would do is, put it off as long as you can before you think you have to act... and watch which way it looks like it's going to swing at this point.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Senior Member Array stanislaskasava's Avatar
    Quote 'one thousand dollar emergency fund' and 'credit card' both in the same sentence? I think Dave Ramsey would cut up your card and smack you over the head with it. If you already have a gun to carry, then a Glock 19 is essentially a toy and should be paid for in cash. Debt is just as real of a threat as anything else.

If you don't have a gun to carry... sell your cloak and buy a sword...

Only you can make that call.
    What weapon do you feel you require there are many that will not break the bank still in the stores.
    I prefer American made and owned fire arms but with current attack by Obama a mans got to do what he has to do.
    Shoot Arms 45 45 sell for 400 they work go bang when you pull the trigger
    There area a lot of good ones around . Shop smart many over priced ones you can buy at a lower cost.

Maybe after working the numbers for your tax return, you can see if you're getting a refund (and know if that is already spoken for.) As to being fiscally responsible, Suze Orman might frown on buying any optional item if you don't have 6 months expenses in the bank, zero credit card debt, and money saved toward retirement. However, I don't always agree with her if the item you're buying will retain some value if you have to liquidate it; it's not like you're taking the money and going on a trip where 100% of the money is gone.

Unless its for flour, eggs and milk, don't ever carry a balance on your credit card. Ever, ever, ever, ever, ever.

You do it once, and then you will justify it for everything else you want in the future.

Just apply for a no interest or fees credit card. I bought two guns this way and have been paying the bill at my leisure, no muss, no fuss. Just be sure to have it paid off before the interest rate kicks in. Easy peasy.

Save your money until you can pay cash for your new gun. Nothing is going to happen that will prevent you from buying a Glock. Interest rates on cc are brutal.

If Anything keep an eye out for decent prices on 15 round spare magazines before they limit them to 10 rounders again,the gun will always be available in the future
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by hartlathers View Post
    Save your money until you can pay cash for your new gun. Nothing is going to happen that will prevent you from buying a Glock. Interest rates on cc are brutal.
    They will never take any guns away. The president said so. Buy some thing anything they are not going to stop trying.
    Buy cash you can still buy a good hand gun for 400 or less.

$1,000 fund, all bills are paid and wants to make sure he spends his money wisely !!!! Lets send this Man or Woman (darebear ??) to Congress.

Always Fight Crime - Shoot back until it stops.
    NRA member and supporter.
    A Gun without Ammo is called a door stop.

At this point it seems like they are going for magazine limit restrictions. Try to find some spare 15 round mags and save up for the Glock 19. Whenever I put something on my credit card its only because I have the money to pay the balance down right after the purchase shows up on the card.

Sponsored Links