The Citadel - Page 2

The Citadel

This is a discussion on The Citadel within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by OldVet This group is promoting a Utopia for a certain group of people with like thoughts and ideas, whether you happen to ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: The Citadel

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    This group is promoting a Utopia for a certain group of people with like thoughts and ideas, whether you happen to agree with them or not. The Aryan Nation promoted a Utopia for a certain group of people with the same thoughts and ideas they held, whether you (or anyone else) happen to agree with or not. I practically lived next door to the AN, and this is the same approach they used, offering an escape from the wrongs of the world--wrongs as they saw them.

We want only those with like opinions, others will not find themselves welcome here. That's the message on The Citadel's website, if you took the time to peruse it. It's the same message of the AN. The methods may have certainly varied; the concept does not.
    Translation: don't drink the Kool-Aid.
    OldVet likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I'd suggest, with all due respect, that you need to do a bit more research before labeling them "Aryan Nation like". You may not like the concept of living in a crime free environment, with like minded people, but bashing those that do, based on zero facts seems a bit disingenuous.

For the record, I don't have a dog in this fight. Hadn't even heard about the project until I saw it on the Drudge Report and started reading their material. I guess my thoughts are if they're not breaking any laws, and they freely choose to live and work there, why should we label them, or compare them to these fringe groups?

That's all I got.
    " But if you are authorized to carry a weapon, and you walk outside without it, just take a deep breath, and say this to yourself... Baa." Col. Dave Grossman on Sheep and Sheepdogs.

Re: The Citadel

Quote Originally Posted by KBSR View Post
    I'd suggest, with all due respect, that you need to do a bit more research before labeling them "Aryan Nation like". You may not like the concept of living in a crime free environment, with like minded people, but bashing those that do, based on zero facts seems a bit disingenuous.

For the record, I don't have a dog in this fight. Hadn't even heard about the project until I saw it on the Drudge Report and started reading their material. I guess my thoughts are if they're not breaking any laws, and they freely choose to live and work there, why should we label them, or compare them to these fringe groups?

That's all I got.
    Well then, if you like the idea of living in a crime free environment, and other utopian ideals, you might want to join the Brady bunch.

You see, they believe a crime free environment can be had nationwide by eliminating evil "assault weapons" and extended magazines..No walls needed.

Think about it, beyond your agreement with their basic stated tenets. Exclusivity, exceptionalism, and other wonder words... Are exclusionary... And, basically, not the "American Way"

What I'm trying to point out with pointed sarcasm is that any group that seeks to exclude un-like minded folks, is essentially communal (and therefore, communist). Not Republican...
    OldVet likes this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Re: The Citadel

Interesting. If it works, good for them. Not going to say sign me up but it does have its appeal.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. " - Edmund Burke

VIP Member
    I just read on their site that the color red was illegal and they no longer go into the towns.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    Sounds like a good idea, however when the world goes to hell, that little "place of peace" would be the 1st town to go to hell in a hand basket.
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl, Model 65 357 Mag, and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    Well then, if you like the idea of living in a crime free environment, and other utopian ideals, you might want to join the Brady bunch.

You see, they believe a crime free environment can be had nationwide by eliminating evil "assault weapons" and extended magazines..No walls needed.

Think about it, beyond your agreement with their basic stated tenets. Exclusivity, exceptionalism, and other wonder words... Are exclusionary... And, basically, not the "American Way"

What I'm trying to point out with pointed sarcasm is that any group that seeks to exclude un-like minded folks, is essentially communal (and therefore, communist). Not Republican...
    And all I was trying to point out, without sarcasm, was just because you don't agree with what they're trying to accomplish, or that it isn't your cup of tea, shouldn't translate into lumping them together with wackjobs and cults. Lots of judges here, but not many robes. Hmm.
    " But if you are authorized to carry a weapon, and you walk outside without it, just take a deep breath, and say this to yourself... Baa." Col. Dave Grossman on Sheep and Sheepdogs.

Quote Originally Posted by KBSR View Post
    And all I was trying to point out, without sarcasm, was just because you don't agree with what they're trying to accomplish, or that it isn't your cup of tea, shouldn't translate into lumping them together with wackjobs and cults. Lots of judges here, but not many robes. Hmm.
    And all I'm saying without sarcasm, is that the main difference between me and them is that they are welcome in my society... where I might not be welcome in theirs.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    I like the concept but there were certain "pertinents" missing from their plan. I noticed a stockade/jail but no established "government/law enforcement" since they talk about state and US law "outside" of the wall, and their "don't involve yourself in your neighbor's business" ideal could get interesting when he starts beating the wife and buggering the kids. Also the real possibility of getting kicked out of your lease if you develop a medical condition (say glaucoma, Parkinson's or MS) that keeps you from passing the yearly shooting test. They've got a lot of work to do to make it real.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links