The Citadel

The Citadel

This is a discussion on The Citadel within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I have not seen any posts on this. Interesting concept. The Citadel...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: The Citadel

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar

The Citadel

I have not seen any posts on this. Interesting concept.

The Citadel
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

Though it may have high goals, I'd be concerned with the actually results. Looking at the FAQs concerning leaders it doesn't mention elections just those who, so far, have stepped up to be leaders and a possibility of other "volunteers" in the future. Sounds like a possible recipe for despotism.

Quote Originally Posted by sigs View Post
    Though it may have high goals, I'd be concerned with the actually results. Looking at the FAQs concerning leaders it doesn't mention elections just those who, so far, have stepped up to be leaders and a possibility of other "volunteers" in the future. Sounds like a possible recipe for despotism.
    I like the concept, but I, too, would be worried about the execution of the planned community. Heck, wouldn't they be the first targeted by the "jack-booted" brown shirts/blue helmets/red coats? Although, I wouldn't mind living out in the middle-of-nowhere Idaho surrounded by a community of like-minded families.
    sigs likes this.
    EDC--XD9 Service and/or XDs-45 depending on my mood
    Soon-to-be new mama to a S&W 66-2 4"

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    When I lived in WA state there was a place that offered many of the same ideas and conditions. It was called The Aryan Nation.
    SCXDm9 likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

The thought of it sounds good. The next move I make though, will hopefully be somewhere closer to the equator.

No offense but I don't think holing up in a concrete fortess would meet my vision for freedom.
    SCXDm9 and bigmacque like this.

Sounds like the pipe-dream of some con artist to me.
    OldVet likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

^ Yup.

Wasn't there a place like that in Waco, TX?
    mano3 likes this.

Just watch the latest season of The Walking Dead and see how the Governor's little town of Woodbury fares...
    MamaMaria likes this.
    US Air Force, 1986 - 2007

"To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." George Mason

http://www.appleseedinfo.org/

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    When I lived in WA state there was a place that offered many of the same ideas and conditions. It was called The Aryan Nation.
    I think that comparison is unfair and frankly ill informed.

I don't know anything about them, but I spent some time reading on their website, and looking at the two firearms they manufacture last night. Sounds to me like it's a group of people with lofty goals, and a plan of action to achieve them. They clearly state on their website that they will not accept anyone who has advocated the overthrow of the government, strictly adhering to the U.S. Constitution, etc...

Why anyone would compare what this group of patriots is trying to accomplish to the Aryan Nation (a Prison Gang), or to the Branch Davidian Cult in Texas is beyond me.
    " But if you are authorized to carry a weapon, and you walk outside without it, just take a deep breath, and say this to yourself... Baa." Col. Dave Grossman on Sheep and Sheepdogs.

VIP Member
    Actually it's pretty easy. You just need to expand and read between the lines. Might as well throw in Jonestown while we're at it. I wonder if free koolaid comes with every 30-year lease.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Actually it's pretty easy. You just need to expand and read between the lines. Might as well throw in Jonestown while we're at it. I wonder if free koolaid comes with every 30-year lease.
    Since you are clearly more learned and experienced with such things Sir, why don't you share with us what makes you think this organization is anything like a violent prison gang, or either of the religious cults? Do you know something about this organization that isn't in the article, or on their website, or are you just making some quantum leaps?

I'm really interested in how you came to your conclusion which lumps this group into this dumpster of kooks and wackjobs.
    " But if you are authorized to carry a weapon, and you walk outside without it, just take a deep breath, and say this to yourself... Baa." Col. Dave Grossman on Sheep and Sheepdogs.

VIP Member
    This group is promoting a Utopia for a certain group of people with like thoughts and ideas, whether you happen to agree with them or not. The Aryan Nation promoted a Utopia for a certain group of people with the same thoughts and ideas they held, whether you (or anyone else) happen to agree with or not. I practically lived next door to the AN, and this is the same approach they used, offering an escape from the wrongs of the world--wrongs as they saw them.

We want only those with like opinions, others will not find themselves welcome here. That's the message on The Citadel's website, if you took the time to peruse it. It's the same message of the AN. The methods may have certainly varied; the concept does not.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links