What do you suggest: looking for 9mm <$650 - Page 3

What do you suggest: looking for 9mm <$650

This is a discussion on What do you suggest: looking for 9mm <$650 within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; For a 9mm I guess a glock would be ok shot one and wasn't displeased but why not go for more stopping power with the ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: What do you suggest: looking for 9mm <$650

For a 9mm I guess a glock would be ok shot one and wasn't displeased but why not go for more stopping power with the same amount or less ammo in a 40 s & w? I just picked up a brand new 12 rnd Beretta px 4 storm compact which I've blazed 4 hndrd rnds in 4 days and truely with my semi weak wrists the recoil on this weapon I got for 499.99 + tax which brought it just under $530 is exceptionally nice to keep me on target for my next shot if I wish to do a double tap to the chest and still bring one to the head within a couple seconds. I've shot 92fs's for a long time and well to me I think my 40 has less recoil than that. it feels really good in my mid to small size hands with the multiple grips it comes with it I'm happy with the small though the medium would work fine as well for me. Try it out unless you already got ur weapon at your LGS.

After a lifetime of owning firearms of one kind or another the statement better quality than a Ruger sort of makes me raise an eyebrow. At the moment I dont own a Ruger. And you can get pistols with better trigger pull maybe or perhaps prettier.
    However for about half that price you could get the SR9c. I dont think quality wise you can actually beat a Ruger when it comes to performance and toughness.
    That being said there are a lot of 9mm out there in that price range. Get the one that trips your trigger so to speak

i was commenting on the SR9 which is reliable, but there are a few things about it i dont care for that i dont care to get in in this thread

Understood as I said go for what you like

Since I've gotten my Storm I'm also looking at a PPQ 12+1 40 cal as it's just right to conceal in my front at 2 O'clock. I can get one of them for about 500+ tax also. If u want a good CC holster look at Tucker IWB's though the lead time on them is long it's worth the weight for the one's I've seen people have that are close to me. Don't forget though that's another thing that you've got to think about also after u find your gun and figure out where ur going to carry it.

Quote Originally Posted by AdBro View Post
    that looks like a great option!
    I carry my Walther PPQ every day
    Walther PPQ.jpg

In a MaxTuck IWB holster from White Hat Holsters
    MaxTuck Black Cowhide-172.jpg

The PPQ has an excellent trigger and is very reliable. It is an awesome gun.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Can't go wrong with a Sig or a Glock.

Have you thought about a Beretta 92? I think that's probably the best overall 9mm there is. I love my INOX (the SS version) it's the only gun I own that is like butter. Maybe I lucked out, but everything from the slide to the trigger is the smoothest I've ever encountered. If it wasn't like 4 inches wide and a foot long I'd carry it daily. But when the SHTF it and my 1911 will be with me.

I own Rugers, SR9 and 9C. But the silly double trigger and fact they don't fire without a magazine in place bother me.

So I carry a .45. - Because...

A 9mm may expand, but a .45 never shrinks! :) :)

Quote Originally Posted by AdBro View Post
    OH. the other thing i was going to bring up.

I know NOTHING about the CZs people were suggesting. I checked their website out and I saw a tab on there for Dan Wesson--that got my eyebrow up...what's the relation? Can someone tell me more about this brand? Sorry if it's a newbie question.
    The Dan Wesson line was absorbed by CZ-USA a few years ago and has received the backing it needed to continue. The DWs are high-level 1911s, but they are also priced accordingly and are generally tough to find.

The CZ75 is a rugged service pistol (not a fragile piece intended for dilettantes) with a basic design that's been around for about 40 years. It incorporates an external hammer (some of us like them) and a slide that rides on rails inside the frame rather than outside, like the Sig P210. Although the gun is a "traditonal double action," there is a frame-mounted safety on the basic (B) model which allows for cocked-and-locked carry, or you can safely carry the gun with a round chambered and fire the first shot double action. The mag is a double-stack with 16-17 round capacity, but the grip is narrower than that of Sigs or Glocks with comparable capacity. The CZ75 also comes in a compact model with a shorter barrel and grip. Tradeoffs? These are all-steel guns, so even the compact is around 30 ounces, but it's a soft-shooting gun and in your hand is balances well so it seems lighter than it really is.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

What do you suggest: looking for 9mm <$650

^^Unless you get the polymer P07 Duty. Unloaded i think it's somewhere in the ball park of 25-26oz. Here is mine. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358149771.303431.jpg

Another vote for a Glock 19

There are lots of choices in 9mm. Bersa uc, xd9, Glock19 &26, M&P,etc. I'll be happy to tell you what kind of gun you should buy if you could tell me what kind of car I would like to have. It really comes down to personal preference. I went to a range that rented guns and I spent the money and rented 4 of the ones that I thought that I might like. I ended up buying the one that I shot the best.
    niks likes this.

Glock 19 gen4 would be a good choice.

Quote Originally Posted by gunslingergirl View Post

I own Rugers, SR9 and 9C. But the silly double trigger and fact they don't fire without a magazine in place bother me.
    do ALL your shots go to the left? I know mine do along with other owners of this firearm. Adjusting the rear windage is ABSOLUTELY IMPOSSIBLE too. I loosen the windage screw. I lubed up the sights. but it won't BUDGE AT ALL! I'm so fed up. I also dislike how you can see thru the firearm between the slide and the polymer frame.

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    The Dan Wesson line was absorbed by CZ-USA a few years ago and has received the backing it needed to continue. The DWs are high-level 1911s, but they are also priced accordingly and are generally tough to find.
    Oh, I'm very familiar with Dan Wesson--that's why the CZ got my attention. My friend got a Dan Wesson Valor a few months ago. The thing is absolutely gorgeous--a piece of art.

Right now I'm VERY curious about the CZs and Walther PPQ on top of the Sigs I was already looking at. Do places like Cabelas or Gander Mountain carry CZ or Walther?

I really like this Walther PPQ, but I also really wanted a pistol with a hammer--not a striker fired. I like being able to uncock hammers making it safer to keep one in the chamber. Really like the PPQ tho.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links