What do you suggest: looking for 9mm <$650 - Page 4

What do you suggest: looking for 9mm <$650

This is a discussion on What do you suggest: looking for 9mm <$650 within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; For what it's worth, I carry SIG 250 compact 9mm. Great piece. I carry it in a Don Hume belt slide that conceals very easily. ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: What do you suggest: looking for 9mm <$650

For what it's worth, I carry SIG 250 compact 9mm. Great piece. I carry it in a Don Hume belt slide that conceals very easily. You wouldn't go wrong with one of those.
    I don't want to be a hero, but I'm sure not going to be a victim.

Hydrogen and human stupidty are the two most common elements on earth, not necessarily in that order. -- Albert Einstein

is the 250 a striker fired or hammer fired?

also, i like pistols that have affordable replacement parts. for instance; the ruger sr9 guiderod assembly is 5 bucks to replace whereas it's almost 60 for the PX4

VIP Member
    I'd recommend the CZ P-01 if you want a metal frame gun. If your looking for a Poly frame then the P-07. The neat thing with the P-07 is you can switch it from safety lever model to de-cocker model with the parts included with the gun.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Easy answer: Glock. In Model 17, 19 or 26. Whatever feels best to you.
    "Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6"

Flight Surgeon, USAF
    Law Enforcement Tactical Surgeon

NRA Patron Member

Quote Originally Posted by DocT65 View Post
    Easy answer: Glock. In Model 17, 19 or 26. Whatever feels best to you.
    i don't care for glock. i don't want a polymer frame, i am leaning to a non-striker fired

I recently wondered the same and after firing off a few pistols that generally make the list, I selected the Glock 19.

I considered the Glock 19, Glock 26, M&P 9c, XD(m) Compact and XD subcompact.

I chose the 19 over the Glock 26 because I have fuller hands. The 19 isn't too large for concealment.
    I chose the 19 over the M&P 9c mostly for personal reasons - it felt better in my hand.
    I chose the 19 over the Springfields because I find them unnecessarily bulky.

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sportkcjc View Post
    Already said....glock 19 would be my choice
    Yup. 7 years ago when I had the same question as the OP I bought a Glock 19. Haven't regretted it for a second since. It was a great choice.

Fitch
    “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety), by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.” by H. L. Mencken

I dislike how plastic glock is. I dislike the feeling of the grip. i feel the aim higher than most pistols, i dislike how the magazine protrudes.

I've thoroughly enjoyed my PPQ. It should be on your short list for sure. The trigger is just so...
    "But blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD, whose confidence is in him."-Jeremiah 17:7

CZ P-01. No contest.
    "There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." ~ P. J. O'Rourke

Distinguished Member Array GlassWolf's Avatar
    Walther PPQ. Outstanding choice.
    I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

M&P 9 Compact

as soon as this gun was in my hand it was clear that all the others were not for me.

Hold it and feel the difference!

I am leaning towards:

Walther PPQ, Sig Sauer P2022

Question: is only the grip on the P2022 polymer or is the entire bottom half polymer?

Quote Originally Posted by bombthrower77 View Post
    CZ P-01. No contest.
    I carry a CZ P-01 or a Walther P99 which is similar to the PPQ but with an excellent DA/SA trigger. Both are great but I prefer the CZ. It conceals better than the P99 and is a joy to shoot. It isn't much heavier than the P-07... 27oz empty. I'm thinking about a PPQ or a G19 as my next range toy. Can never have too many options.

14kgrqb.jpg2012-11-24_13-16-37_10.jpg
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." --Benjamin Franklin

"Ignorance can be treated with education, sadly there is no cure for stupidity."

I have a G26 that I love but is a challenge to carry. The Kimber solo in my pic is my favorite carry gun. It is 9mm.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links