No hi capacity for me! New toys

This is a discussion on No hi capacity for me! New toys within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; So with all the hi capacity madness going on, I've been keeping an eye out for some good deals on some old school guns. Found ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By miller_man

Thread: No hi capacity for me! New toys

Distinguished Member

No hi capacity for me! New toys

So with all the hi capacity madness going on, I've been keeping an eye out for some good deals on some old school guns. Found these two last weekend, got pretty decent deals and finally have a wheel gun! Would have taken them out this weekend to get to know them but even 38 and 30 30 ammo is absent on the shelves around here now. Can't wait to put some rounds through em.

A dan wesson 14-2 357 magnum 4" barrel. This thing is heavy, but feels solid and well balanced. The stock grip is HUGE and the front sight is hard to make out with my weak eyes, probably a fiber optic front sight and after market grip in it's future soon. A marlin 30AW 30-30. Feels and looks great, the scope that come with it seems decent and the stock is beautiful.

DW 357 1.jpgDW 357 2.jpgDW 357 3.jpg30-30 1.jpg30-30 2.jpg

So got a little old school in my collection finally, just need to get some rounds through em soon!
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    Congrats on the new additions.

You can still get the wheel gun ammo as well as some of the rifle ammo like 30-30, 30-06, .243, .22 WMR, etc. around here. My local Wal-Mart has a Marlin (336W) 30-30 lever action rifle for $387. Seems like a pretty good deal for a 30 caliber rifle to me. With all of the semi-auto stuff MIA, its making me think that its a good idea to have some of the old school stuff around so you can get ammo for it when everyone else is flocking to the newer stuff.

I'm sure you'll be thrilled with your Dan Wesson & Marlin.

Congrats on your new toys!

Be safe!
    NEVER point a gun at something you are not prepared to destroy!
    AND for GODS sake, get your finger off the trigger until you are ready to squeeze the trigger!

Nice Marlin. I have the 336 .35 Rem and I have a hard time finding anyone that sells .35 Rem Definitely will make some noise however...
    Doug;}
    RSO, WA. XDMc 9mm, S&W 642CT & 442 38 sp, 1947 Savage 99 300,
    1972 Marlin 336 RC .35, 1922 Walther Model 4, 1933 Walther DSM 34, High Standard 1954 22LR

I prefer to be judged by 12 then carried by 6

VIP Member
    Nice purchases, used to have a Dan Wesson I still regret selling, as they are nice solid well-made revolvers. One nice thing with them is the grip frame is a short square stud enabling any size and type of grip to fit. Very hard to beat the Marlin another fine choice.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Very nice.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Links