Walmart -- -have they caved, or have they just put selling ammo "oh hold" ?? - Page 3

Walmart -- -have they caved, or have they just put selling ammo "oh hold" ??

This is a discussion on Walmart -- -have they caved, or have they just put selling ammo "oh hold" ?? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I bought a couple of boxes last Friday. I almost cleaned them out....

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Walmart -- -have they caved, or have they just put selling ammo "oh hold" ??

I bought a couple of boxes last Friday. I almost cleaned them out.

Quote Originally Posted by SayVandelay View Post
    How anyone could shop at that God awful place is beyond comprehension. Youre giving money to a company that lowers your property value, and probably driving by dozens of closed down stores to buy 3 dollar underwear and 'ol roy.
    Not that I am defending Walmart, but when has a Walmart ever lowered property value? Being in the land planning industry, every instance I have ever seen a Walmart move in, the area is commercialized and property values shoot through the roof...
    Jeanlouise likes this.

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    Wal-mart will not be stuck with piles of ammo it can't sell. The agreements that they have with their suppliers give Wal-mart very generous return rights. The supplier even has to pay for the return shipping.

VIP Member
    OK, this story needs a citation and some verification. I just did a google search of Google News and a Web search
    using the search term-
    "Walmart suspends ammo sales," and "Walmart suspends ammo orders." Nothing on the first. Nothing
    reliable on the second. You'd think if that story was true it would pop up at some business newspaer
    or financial newspaper. I also checked Yahoo Financial News which often carries stories about news issued
    by corporations.

I have no idea if the story is true or not. I hope it is not. I like the guy who sells ammo at my WM.
    I'm just saying I can't confirm the story. Anyone have a reliable citation?
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    OK, this story needs a citation and some verification. I just did a google search of Google News and a Web search
    using the search term-
    "Walmart suspends ammo sales," and "Walmart suspends ammo orders." Nothing on the first. Nothing
    reliable on the second. You'd think if that story was true it would pop up at some business newspaer
    or financial newspaper. I also checked Yahoo Financial News which often carries stories about news issued
    by corporations.

I have no idea if the story is true or not. I hope it is not. I like the guy who sells ammo at my WM.
    I'm just saying I can't confirm the story. Anyone have a reliable citation?
    WalMart Suspends Ammo Orders Pending Gun Control Decision | CNS News

Re: Walmart -- -have they caved, or have they just put selling ammo "oh hold" ??

Ok, lets try again.

I don't know how accurate the info in this video is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCef...e_gdata_player
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

VIP Member
    I'm not familiar with this CNSNews and they wrote: "WalMart reportedly has stopped selling ammunition" Then they said
    that was according to some blog, " Investment Watch blog." I'm looking for something more solid, like a WM news release,
    something in a recognized financial newspaper like the WSJ.

Of course, I could just go on over and ask the friendly man at the ammo dept. and see if I can pick some up.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Their waiting on the King to make a decision? Wow what has this country come to! If they ordered a ton of ammo they know it will be bought up in no time, Something more to it.. Chuck Shumer is who told them to stop ordering ammo and he is part of the MOB of anti Americans that should get booted out of the country! I hate all these pieces of garbage who want to dictate and think they know whats best for the people.

Distinguished Member Array deadguy's Avatar
    guess all new permit holders will have to find a new store to do their first walk in. "Target Walk" just doesn't have a good ring to it.
    rigel42 and darbo like this.

Know this all the ammo makers can and will sell this stuff with or with out walmart .

And I for one would like to give my local shop the cash

Senior Member Array wishyouwell's Avatar
    I'm not buying the "worried about overstock" excuse at this point. Wally World tells vendors what they'll pay for the products and i'm sure having to send some stuff back is of little concern. I will be closely monitoring their actions and if with more information it turns out that they caved in any way they will most certainly lose what very little business i give them for ammo etc.

I would rather shop at Kroger for groceries and buy from local businesses for other stuff anyway, if at all possible.

IMO with the current ravaging for .223, 9mm, 22lr, 45 etc. they are not risking much and are probably doing more damage to the bottom line than the overstock etc excuse.

Re: Walmart -- -have they caved, or have they just put selling ammo "oh hold" ??

Ok. A guy from another forum called Walmart and got a different response.

http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?p=1504982

http://www.m4carbine.net/showpost.ph...2&postcount=17

Sent from my Galaxy S2
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Distinguished Member Array lchamp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post

Of course, I could just go on over and ask the friendly man at the ammo dept. and see if I can pick some up.
    I did that. He said they weren't ordering any right now.

They can support who they want to,that's a personal choice.They keep selling ammo at a decent price,i'm a buying, but each to their own.

Distinguished Member Array Once's Avatar
    Bought some 9mm,.357 and .38 there Saturday. All the .223 was gone.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Links