Walmart -- -have they caved, or have they just put selling ammo "oh hold" ?? - Page 4

Walmart -- -have they caved, or have they just put selling ammo "oh hold" ??

This is a discussion on Walmart -- -have they caved, or have they just put selling ammo "oh hold" ?? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by deadguy guess all new permit holders will have to find a new store to do their first walk in. "Target Walk" just ...

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Walmart -- -have they caved, or have they just put selling ammo "oh hold" ??

Quote Originally Posted by deadguy View Post
    guess all new permit holders will have to find a new store to do their first walk in. "Target Walk" just doesn't have a good ring to it.
    Bummer, that was a fun tradition.

I just called (15:00 CST, 1/14) and was also told that "No decision has been made", and to monitor the corporate site "news" link for more information.

Joe
    Hopyard likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mg27 View Post
    Their waiting on the King to make a decision? Wow what has this country come to! If they ordered a ton of ammo they know it will be bought up in no time, Something more to it.. Chuck Shumer is who told them to stop ordering ammo and he is part of the MOB of anti Americans that should get booted out of the country! I hate all these pieces of garbage who want to dictate and think they know whats best for the people.
    And you know that how? As Suntzu, just the facts. So far they seem absent from this thread. I might really need to
    go talk to my nice WM ammo man to find out what's going on.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

VIP Member
    So the second url is supposedly WM's statement that the story is not true, but it
    as the other side of the story is also third hand.
    Someone wrote and someone said.

Is there a press release from WM on this anywhere?
    Sig 210 likes this.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by gregnsc View Post
    They can support who they want to,that's a personal choice.They keep selling ammo at a decent price,i'm a buying, but each to their own.
    You can do whatever you want but the reason your LGS, that most likely supports 2a much more than the Waltons, charges more and cant keep up with demand is that walmart get first shipment and the best prices, and the rest are stuck with what's left. If walmart stopped selling ammo 9 years ago youd find better prices at the little guys store

Distinguished Member Array lchamp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post

Is there a press release from WM on this anywhere?
    There are press releases and there is reality. I went to the store and asked the guy who normally orders ammo. He told me that they were told by headquarters to not order any ammo for now. That is all I know...but it does seem to be reality.

So no one finds it odd that WalMart meets with Obama to discuss gun control, then quits selling ammo a couple of days later??
    BugDude and Eagleks like this.
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Badey View Post
    So no one finds it odd that WalMart meets with Obama to discuss gun control, then quits selling ammo a couple of days later??

back room deal. Did Walmart get the health care waivers yet????
    BugDude likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckusaret View Post
    But there actions, whether intentional or not, plays into the hands of Obama because there were no objections by Wal Mart and they have basically dropped their gun/ammo department, which I am sure was a major profit center, without as much as a whimper.

Wal Mart, IMO, is nothing more than a major vendor for Chinese produced junk.

Lets see, I am boycotting:
    Wal Mart
    Dick's
    Cheaper than Dirt
    Hornady Ammo
    All businesses that have "No Guns" signs posted

Are there others that I should boycott?
    Bank of America for freezing accounts of a gun manufacturer and also BB&T because all of their locations are posted nationwide. And just about every hospital known to man. And all restaurants that serve alcohol in NC (state law issue). That leaves Publix Super Markets, Dollar General, and most fast food restaurants available.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Senior Member Array IAm_Not_Lost's Avatar
    I'm tired of being outraged at stuff. If gun owners boycotted every store that somehow "offended" them we would hardly have anywhere to shop. I love to support LGS's when I can, but you know what? Life happens.
    "Brilliant. So now we got a huge guy theory, and a serial crusher theory. Top notch. What's your name?" - Paul Smecker

Called a good friend who is a manager at Walmart here just a minute ago. He told me that they cannot order more. The orders are immediately denied in the computer because there is no stock to order from at this time. The system was overloaded with stores constantly requesting more ammo so they cut it off completely for now. As far as he knows, ammo will come in as a distributed product not an ordered product. He says they have some items (traditionally ammo falls here) that the department must order as needed because they don't want to send too much of a product that sits and it's up to the department manager to keep track of what is needed. Other products are shipped regularly according to the inventory system. Items like Toys for example are shipped all the time (about twice a week) from the warehouse and you receive product according to what you are selling (every store is different).

This corroborates the post over at M4carbine.net that business is as usual
    Hopyard and Sig 210 like this.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

Quote Originally Posted by SayVandelay View Post
    You can do whatever you want but the reason your LGS, that most likely supports 2a much more than the Waltons, charges more and cant keep up with demand is that walmart get first shipment and the best prices, and the rest are stuck with what's left. If walmart stopped selling ammo 9 years ago youd find better prices at the little guys store
    Maybe if your LGS bought a million rounds at a time, they'd get a price break too.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    Bank of America for freezing accounts of a gun manufacturer and also BB&T because all of their locations are posted nationwide. And just about every hospital known to man. And all restaurants that serve alcohol in NC (state law issue). That leaves Publix Super Markets, Dollar General, and most fast food restaurants available.
    Actually I think I'm back to undecided on BoA. I've done a lot of research on these claims and honestly, I'm not sold that BoA was doing anything out of the ordinary.

First off, on this second incident they didn't freeze accounts, they froze deposits. They did this because of the huge uptick this company had in deposits. They do have some responsibility to investigate and make sure that there is nothing "wrong" is going on. Fraud, like it or not, is a huge issue for the banking industry and they sometimes have to limit their liability by making sure transactions are legitimate. I'm not going to make any judgements on what someone said someone else said on the phone because that's just too unreliable, and since that someone probably doesn't dictate policy, it's potentially inaccurate as well.

I'm not saying they are, or are not, anti-2A. I'm just suggesting that I have yet to be convinced either way.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    Maybe if your LGS bought a million rounds at a time, they'd get a price break too.
    That's my point. But if more people stopped buying at wal mart they'd have to give locals a break. Clearly they are spineless, compared to the small guys that are pretty hardcore 2A supporters.

Quote Originally Posted by TX expat View Post
    Actually I think I'm back to undecided on BoA. I've done a lot of research on these claims and honestly, I'm not sold that BoA was doing anything out of the ordinary.

First off, on this second incident they didn't freeze accounts, they froze deposits. They did this because of the huge uptick this company had in deposits. They do have some responsibility to investigate and make sure that there is nothing "wrong" is going on. Fraud, like it or not, is a huge issue for the banking industry and they sometimes have to limit their liability by making sure transactions are legitimate. I'm not going to make any judgements on what someone said someone else said on the phone because that's just too unreliable, and since that someone probably doesn't dictate policy, it's potentially inaccurate as well.

I'm not saying they are, or are not, anti-2A. I'm just suggesting that I have yet to be convinced either way.
    That's what I felt on this too when I read it. They have to watch out for their bottom line. If they get a bunch of bad deposits and they accept them, they are out whatever amount they accepted.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Sponsored Links