Walmart -- -have they caved, or have they just put selling ammo "oh hold" ?? - Page 6

Walmart -- -have they caved, or have they just put selling ammo "oh hold" ??

This is a discussion on Walmart -- -have they caved, or have they just put selling ammo "oh hold" ?? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Just called myself and the outcome was similar to what Hopyard experienced: nobody seems to know anything other than vague musings about WM not delivering ...

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Walmart -- -have they caved, or have they just put selling ammo "oh hold" ??

Just called myself and the outcome was similar to what Hopyard experienced: nobody seems to know anything other than vague musings about WM not delivering more until things are resolved.

I then called the 800 number to see if I could confirm this and was told "Any rumors about WM not selling ammo anymore are untrue." Interesting that the rep didn't address my question about any position being taken on ammo sales because of the political situation and she repeated what I just mentioned. Guess that was all she was authorized to say. Anyway, I let them know that since WM is where I buy (or at least, have bought in the past) the bulk of my ammo (for my pistols anyway) and since I live kinda far away from my local store, that when I called the Sporting Goods counter and they informed me more ammo was back on the shelves, I would be back in again at that time. Not saying this is what everyone should do, just how it works out for me.

Its true went to the Walmart in North East La. (Rayville) the clerk in sporting goods told me that all ammo re-orders were blocked the clerk showed me on her scanner after she scanned a bar code where no ammo was, sure enough the order was block. I asked the store manager why they have'nt ordered any more ammo she said it was federally regulated and she didnt know when they would get more that is all she would tell me. Dicks Sporting Goods is doing the same thing they pulled all tactical rifles and gear in Monroe, La. and nation wide. No more Walmart or Dicks Sporting Goods for me and my Family.

This is from Walmart. I purchased ammo this morning at Wall Mart.
    I posted this, this morning but there wasn't any interest in it...
    Walmart responds to ?suspended ammo? story

Quote Originally Posted by NipplePick View Post
    Its true went to the Walmart in North East La. (Rayville) the clerk in sporting goods told me that all ammo re-orders were blocked the clerk showed me on her scanner after she scanned a bar code where no ammo was, sure enough the order was block. I asked the store manager why they have'nt ordered any more ammo she said it was federally regulated and she didnt know when they would get more that is all she would tell me. Dicks Sporting Goods is doing the same thing they pulled all tactical rifles and gear in Monroe, La. and nation wide. No more Walmart or Dicks Sporting Goods for me and my Family.
    Read what I wrote before...Walmart has suspended orders to the warehouse because they were bombarded with millions of orders a day and no stock to fulfill them.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

Senior Member Array Kimberpackn's Avatar

Walmart -- -have they caved, or have they just put selling ammo "oh hold" ??

Below is what Walmart sent to me on Facebook after I told them I would not shop there if ammo was no longer sold there.

"Hi Raymond - We want you to know that Walmart has not made any changes to our assortment of ammunition. We recommend you check back with your local store often to see if any deliveries have been made."
    We should not forget that the spark which ignited the American Revolution was caused by the British attempt to confiscate the firearms of the colonists. -

Patrick Henry

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ksgunner View Post
    This is from Walmart. I purchased ammo this morning at Wall Mart.
    I posted this, this morning but there wasn't any interest in it...
    Walmart responds to ?suspended ammo? story
    From that url "The uproar began when the InvestmentWatch blog posted a story headlined, “Breaking & confirmed: Walmart is not going to order any more ammo.”
    Read more at Walmart responds to ?suspended ammo? story

As a WM stock holder (not much but hey, its money) I smell a short seller trying to move the market; it is pretty odd that
    an investment blog would break the news of something the company itself denies doing, and that its own store
    managers haven't been told about.

All of which changes nothing about the fact that there is nothing to buy on the shelves and both workers and managers and
    PR folk seem clueless about what is actually going on.

I sincerely hope that WM's lawyers (if the rumor isn't true) look into who started it and why, and put them in the poor house. Also that if this was in fact some clumsy attempt at market manipulation I hope that someone at SEC and Justice starts talking prosecution.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

When I was at Walmart tonight I wandered over to see if there was any ammo and there was a manager there moving the 17hmr from one side of a vacant case to the other side. He asked me what I wanted and I said "oh probably nothing you have in stock" he said Good! And when back to rearranging the 10 boxes of ammo. At that moment another customer asked an employee behind us if it was true that Walmart was not going to get any more ammo in and the employee started to answer when the manager jumped in and said " we don't like that term, we just don't have any right now" well me and the other guy exchanged a look of " mabey the rumors are true" the other guy said something about the second amendment and the manager turned his back and started moving the 17hmr around again.

Not drawing any conclusions but just thought I'd share my wally world story of the day.

Wal-Mart has publicly announced that the rumor is false.

They, like any other ammo seller has lower stock levels than they normally provide. My belief is that the above personal experiences are likely uninformed people who work there, and have not been given current information from WM. I believe WM statement until I see them act different. There is no evidence right now to convince me that they are still not a great firearms retailer.

I was recently able to purchase multiple ammo cans of XM855 (on stripper clips) at WM, for half the price of anywhere else. I have not yet seen them price gouge or bow down to what the Gov has requested of them over the years.
    “There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.”
    ― Albert Einstein

Distinguished Member Array OhioCatter's Avatar
    Our WW guys say that they keep ordering it and they keep getting told it is on back order. You can find the PPU junk there pretty easy but no on really wants it. I just keep checking everyday on my way home since I live 2 mins from there. I do get lucky at times, if no one else is there at that time looking for it I will pick it all up but if someone else is there looking for it I will share a few boxes.

Quote Originally Posted by OhioCatter View Post
    Our WW guys say that they keep ordering it and they keep getting told it is on back order. You can find the PPU junk there pretty easy but no on really wants it. I just keep checking everyday on my way home since I live 2 mins from there. I do get lucky at times.
    Privi Partizan (PPU ammo) is actually not bad. It's brass cased and is not any more dirty than standard WWB stuff. I have some that I ran through my 1911 without issues. I'd buy it if it was available, no qualms about it. I think people haven't heard of it and that's why they don't want it. It's boxer primed too just like your standard Winchester, Remington, or Blazer.. It's about on par with Sellier and Bellet ammo which is very high quality.

It's made in Serbia but it's not junk, far from it. If you see it there in your caliber(s) buy it before it's gone.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

Distinguished Member Array BurgerBoy's Avatar
    I bought some PPU and have had no problems with it.
    Vietnam Veteran - 1966-1970 USASA
    Carry Pistol. Glock 23, .40 Cal.
    Carry Pistol. Glock 19, 9mm.
    Give me a minute before I post again.

Distinguished Member Array OhioCatter's Avatar
    That's funny I was just at WW this morning and picked up 9mm ammo. In fact I picked up all they had, they had it on the cart just about to go on the shelf. Maybe my WW is special.

just cut wally world out and order everything straight from china thats most of there stuff comes from anyway

I didn't know Winchester was in China!

I just bought some 9mm and 40S&W from Wally World
    Last edited by DMan; January 21st, 2013 at 12:23 AM.
    "Gun Free Zones" is where only criminals carry guns.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Links