Walmart -- -have they caved, or have they just put selling ammo "oh hold" ??

This is a discussion on Walmart -- -have they caved, or have they just put selling ammo "oh hold" ?? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I bought the last box of WWB .40 on the shelf at my local Wally World a couple weeks back - When I went to ...

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Walmart -- -have they caved, or have they just put selling ammo "oh hold" ??

I bought the last box of WWB .40 on the shelf at my local Wally World a couple weeks back - When I went to pick up oil for my truck, I stopped by sporting goods to see whether they might have more WWB in stock. The clerk said they weren't expecting any deliveries of ammo or guns "for now".

2. Remove Ads

Buddy of mine is an Assistant Manager at a local Walmart. Says they haven't suspended purchasing it, but they aren't able to find much to buy. I see him every week, so I'll keep asking.
    " But if you are authorized to carry a weapon, and you walk outside without it, just take a deep breath, and say this to yourself... Baa." Col. Dave Grossman on Sheep and Sheepdogs.

Thing is...LGS will purchase from multiple suppliers. Walmart probably uses a limited supply chain.
    "As the economy gets weak, the dollar loses value. Invest in precious metals." I'm investing in lead.

Well I happen to work at walmart store # 0113 here in okla. If you are not in the store at the counter before 7:00 A.M.
    You are NOT going to get the ammo you want.
    When I am at work I check the trailer shipment, and know for a fact. walmart is selling ammo.
    Lately there is a line of people at the counter at 6:15 a.m. and usually, the first customer buy's it all.
    And you should see the hot blood boil from the 2 customer.
    Other times when we order ammo the computer (I.E. 9060) tells us that item either in transit or warehouse out.
    If it's an intransit it comes the next day. If a warehouse out you are out of luck. for you and me.
    Last edited by rocky; January 21st, 2013 at 12:23 PM. Reason: Remove language work around

Walmart -- -have they caved, or have they just put selling ammo "oh hold" ??

I'm an AP for store 2255, stores can not order ammo. Stores sell it, but can't order it, they are distributing and selling what's left in the warehouse, but that's it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I stop checking Walmart for ammo now. More so when a LGS is going and buying it all up and reselling it for 3-4 times the price. I heard him say it when trying to pitch a sale for a AR15. No way would I buy 7.62x39 ammo for $16 a box of 20rds or white box Winchester .223 for $42 a box of 20rds. I'll just sit on my stash for now.....

Re: Walmart -- -have they caved, or have they just put selling ammo "oh hold" ??

Quote Originally Posted by ezveedub View Post
    I stop checking Walmart for ammo now. More so when a LGS is going and buying it all up and reselling it for 3-4 times the price. I heard him say it when trying to pitch a sale for a AR15. No way would I buy 7.62x39 ammo for $16 a box of 20rds or white box Winchester .223 for $42 a box of 20rds. I'll just sit on my stash for now.....
    Yeah...I applaud him for getting it for his customers and doing smart business but not for gouging.

Sent via telepathy on a Galaxy S3
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

I'm sitting on my ammo too. I can't see wasting it. I'll just use the .22 ruger for that.

Stopped at my Wally Mart yesterday with my wife and she went her way I went to ammo area. They are ALL sold out of popular hand gun calibers. The guy told me that a new shipment will be in shortly. I don't know if that is true or not we will see!!
    BA
    Kahr CM9, Beretta PX4 SC .40, Ruger LCP/LM, Dan Wesson .357, Beretta 21A .22, Four Aces .22, H&R .22, Marlin .22 rifle and 1946 Remington 12 gauge.

Re: Walmart -- -have they caved, or have they just put selling ammo "oh hold" ??

They probably expect a shipment in because they can check that. They just don't know what will be on that truck.

Sent via telepathy on a Galaxy S3
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

The local WallyWorld says that they're waiting to replenish the warehouse. Which makes sense...if the warehouse has no stock, then it's hard to allocate appropriately to various locations. Typically retailers allocate based on sales volume, and right now that data's skewed royally!

The timing of the panic's gotta play into this too. Remember that many manufacturers at least partially shut down for Christmas, which is right about the time of the political theater. Adds to the restocking crunch.

This will pass.

VIP Member
    I just received this email in response to an email I sent with concerns as a stockholder in WM.

Thank you very much for being a loyal Walmart shareholder/customer, we greatly appreciate your support.

Recently, there have been media reports that Walmart is no longer selling ammunition. Those reports are inaccurate. Stores that sell ammunition and firearms are continuing to offer the same product assortment in this category.

Inventory levels of ammunition will vary from store to store and we are working with suppliers to replenish our inventory. We are reviewing inventory levels on a daily basis and the company is shipping ammunition to stores that do not have the product to meet the current demand from their customers.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Miguel A. Garcia
    Sr. Manager - Global Investor Relations
    Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
    Hopyard likes this.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

We have three local Walmarts. One has nothing but rifle ammo, and not much at that. Another has a TON of 9mm and .380; I've never seen so much ammo on their shelves. It's $14/box of 50 for the 9mm. No more ARs or Mini 14s on the shelves though.

VIP Member
    Reporting --- As of 10 AM my local WM had an almost empty ammo case. The only thing left
    were 4 boxes of .40 135 grain, @24.00 each, and some 30.06; maybe some shot gun shells at the bottom
    of the case-- I didn't look carefully. Handgun ammo was gone.

I happen to like this 135 gr .40 round but couldn't purchase it
    because there was no one around to open the locked ammo shelf.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    My wife was told yesterday by a Walmart employee that there probably won't be any new shipments for 1-3 months. Whether or not it's true I'm not sure. She picked me up the last 2 boxes of PPU 9mm
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Links