Walmart -- -have they caved, or have they just put selling ammo "oh hold" ??

This is a discussion on Walmart -- -have they caved, or have they just put selling ammo "oh hold" ?? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Ok seriously what don't you people get. WALMART STILL SELLS AMMO. We are having a hard time getting it/are waiting to see what comes down ...

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Walmart -- -have they caved, or have they just put selling ammo "oh hold" ??

Ok seriously what don't you people get. WALMART STILL SELLS AMMO. We are having a hard time getting it/are waiting to see what comes down in legislation so are not placing any more orders for the time being. Anything the stores get is what is currently in warehouses, once that's gone that's it until more orders are placed or until a decision is made on laws. THAT'S THE FACT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array BurgerBoy's Avatar
    That sucks!!!!
    Vietnam Veteran - 1966-1970 USASA
    Carry Pistol. Glock 23, .40 Cal.
    Carry Pistol. Glock 19, 9mm.
    Give me a minute before I post again.

Quote Originally Posted by Crestwood1001 View Post
    Ok seriously what don't you people get. WALMART STILL SELLS AMMO. We are having a hard time getting it/are waiting to see what comes down in legislation so are not placing any more orders for the time being. Anything the stores get is what is currently in warehouses, once that's gone that's it until more orders are placed or until a decision is made on laws. THAT'S THE FACT.

Not the case here. Our has restocked twice that I know of in he past month including this past Thursday when I bought 5 boxes of 9mm and 5 45's. they didn't have 5.56 but I was told they just can't get any and to keep checking because they never know what portion of their order will come in.

Do any of you really think WM is going to stop selling anything that moves so fast they can't keep it on the shelf? Do you think WM thinks WM customers are anti gun? I will go out on a limb and say that the only thing WM shoppers like more than guns and hunting is NASCAR.

Oh the evil WM.

Remember everything on the Internet is true.

“First, let me say, the reports are inaccurate,” Ashley Hardie, Walmart corporate spokesperson, said of the Internet uproar. “We will continue serving our customers in this area as we have done in the past.”

Centennial Citizen: News
    A word to the wise isn't necessary, save it for the stupid

Distinguished Member Array BurgerBoy's Avatar
    Well - I've only found 2 boxes of 9mm ammo at the WalFarts here in the last 2 months and I check for it every day.
    Vietnam Veteran - 1966-1970 USASA
    Carry Pistol. Glock 23, .40 Cal.
    Carry Pistol. Glock 19, 9mm.
    Give me a minute before I post again.

Like I keep saying, it's in extreme demand, what YOU find on the shelf is not an indicator that we are not selling it. As soon as its put on the shelf it sells, we just got in 5 of the UMC 250 round boxes of 9mm, I bought one and the guy behind me bought the other 4, it's the supply and demand.

I visited three WalMarts yesterday and was able to find one 50 round box of 9mm. One of them did have red clearance tags on most of the shelves in their ammo case, whereas the other two had normal tags. I assume that it is up to the individual store to decide to carry ammo or not, maybe some are stopping it and not all or most of them.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckusaret View Post
    But there actions, whether intentional or not, plays into the hands of Obama because there were no objections by Wal Mart and they have basically dropped their gun/ammo department, which I am sure was a major profit center, without as much as a whimper.

Wal Mart, IMO, is nothing more than a major vendor for Chinese produced junk.

Lets see, I am boycotting:
    Wal Mart
    Dick's
    Cheaper than Dirt
    Hornady Ammo
    All businesses that have "No Guns" signs posted

Are there others that I should boycott?
    My MIL's assisted living facility in Cresthaven that has a no guns sign. Of course the sign hasn't deterred me a bit.

Senior Member Array rugergunner's Avatar
    One by me is still selling ammo, if you can actually find any on their shelves.
    I would rather die on my feet, than to live on my knees.

I bought a box of .45 100 rds winchester white box Monday and just now bought a box of 30/30 at WalMart and none of it was made in China!!

I have three near me that I hit up on occasion. They are still getting ammo in, but it's off the shelves almost instantly.

Quote Originally Posted by BurgerBoy View Post
    Well - I've only found 2 boxes of 9mm ammo at the WalFarts here in the last 2 months and I check for it every day.
    Why would anyone go to WM everyday for two months or more?
    A word to the wise isn't necessary, save it for the stupid

“Owning a handgun doesn’t make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.” Jeff Cooper

http://carniakcustom.com/

I guess buying a little bit of ammo every pay check has paid off. I've got my fair share of ammo :)

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Links