Walmart -- -have they caved, or have they just put selling ammo "oh hold" ??

This is a discussion on Walmart -- -have they caved, or have they just put selling ammo "oh hold" ?? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; BREAKING & CONFIRMED: Wal Mart Is NOT Going To Order Any More Ammo. | InvestmentWatch BREAKING & CONFIRMED: Wal Mart Is NOT Going To Order ...

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Walmart -- -have they caved, or have they just put selling ammo "oh hold" ??

BREAKING & CONFIRMED: Wal Mart Is NOT Going To Order Any More Ammo. | InvestmentWatch

BREAKING & CONFIRMED: Wal Mart Is NOT Going To Order Any More Ammo

I do not have a link as of yet but here is what I have found out…
    Stopped by my local Wal Mart this morning. They are out of almost every kind of ammo.
    I asked to talk to the person in charge of ordering to see if they had any information on this subject.
    The manager I talked to said they had not heard anything…BUT.
    She tried to order some .223 as I was standing there. She said the order was being rejected by the corporate office. Said she had never had that happen.
    She called corporate as I was standing there.
    And was told this. “As of right now Wal Mart is not going to be making any new orders of ammo because of the upcoming decision on the second amendment”. Said, “As of right now we are unsure of what new legislation might be coming, and because of this, we are suspending new orders. We will continue to sell what is already in stock in stores and at our distribution centers, but any new orders will not be shipped until the issue is resolved”.
    So after they run out, there will be no restocking until Obama makes his decision…Hows that change working out for you now?
    As I said, I dont have a link, but you can call Wal Mart headquarters at 1-800-925-6278 for yourself and ask. After the answer press 2 then 1 then 1 again and wait to talk to a rep. I just did this myself and was told the same thing.
    Something must have changed at the meeting they had on Thursday.
    Guess we will have to wait and see what Obama has in store for us next.

Home - Audio Blogs > WalMart Federal Gun Control
    I just recorded the audio to me calling the corporation and this is all too real. It all comes back to “we have to wait for the President to revise the new law for the Federal Gun Control Act. Then we will change our policy”. – sonarx

Upload Audio | Listen to Audio | WalMart Federal Gun Control | YourListen
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Hate to say it but I have to back you up on this one. I was at my local wallymart today and inquired about a Ruger 10/22 that they've had for a while. The clerk double checked the back stock and said they probably won't be getting anymore in because everything is on hold.

Quote Originally Posted by Crashoften View Post
    Hate to say it but I have to back you up on this one. I was at my local wallymart today and inquired about a Ruger 10/22 that they've had for a while. The clerk double checked the back stock and said they probably won't be getting anymore in because everything is on hold.
    Not my blog... just showing it .... for comments. I half way expected this though after hearing Walmarts comments after the "infamous" Thursday meetings.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Guess no more wally world for me then.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost1958 View Post
    Same here my friend.
    hazard123 likes this.

have alway got mine at mil surp, lgs or gen store.

Its just about business sense. No one knows what is coming done the road as far as any new laws concerning weapons/ammunition. WalMart does not want to get saddled with a stockpile of ammunition that could possibly be banned. Since the school shooting everything concerning weapons have been off the charts one way or the other.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1ckOne View Post
    Same here my friend.
    Guys, Wally mart isn't caving. They are doing what is best for their bottom line. They are holding off on new purchasing until they know the outcome of any possible new legislation.

The bottom line is that they don't want to be stuck with 5 million units of product that they can't sell. Be it guns or widgets, it makes no difference. Wally mart is all about the dollar. If they have a market to sell guns and make a profit they will sell them.
    SL1ckOne, Exacto, WHEC724 and 7 others like this.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

After years of refusing to shop there I began buying ammo. It was how they got me back as a customer. Now they will not get any of my money. Neither will Dick's sporting goods either. I noticed Cheaper than Dirt web site took a hard stance on selling guns for about a week then back tracked and tried to spin the whole blunder as a logistical issue. Walmart is completely destructive to America in the first place. They need to really go under and we'd be better off.
    hazard123 likes this.

After years of refusing to shop there I began buying ammo. It was how they got me back as a customer. Now they will not get any of my money if this turns out to be political. Neither will Dick's sporting goods and their political games. I noticed Cheaper than Dirt web site took a hard stance on selling guns for about a week then back tracked and tried to spin the whole blunder as a logistical issue. Walmart is completely destructive to America in the first place. I heard about Bank of America refusing business with gun industry and just paid them completely off and closed my accounts too.

How anyone could shop at that God awful place is beyond comprehension. Youre giving money to a company that lowers your property value, and probably driving by dozens of closed down stores to buy 3 dollar underwear and 'ol roy.

I agree and understand. If a ban on ammo goes through and Walmart has 1 million rounds, they will be stuck with them. But what they should do is order now, get them in quickly. We all know they would sell out fast and we would be happy and they would be happy. But then again, what do I know? LOL!

Be safe!
    NEVER point a gun at something you are not prepared to destroy!
    AND for GODS sake, get your finger off the trigger until you are ready to squeeze the trigger!

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    But there actions, whether intentional or not, plays into the hands of Obama because there were no objections by Wal Mart and they have basically dropped their gun/ammo department, which I am sure was a major profit center, without as much as a whimper.

Wal Mart, IMO, is nothing more than a major vendor for Chinese produced junk.

Lets see, I am boycotting:
    Wal Mart
    Dick's
    Cheaper than Dirt
    Hornady Ammo
    All businesses that have "No Guns" signs posted

Are there others that I should boycott?
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

Re: Walmart -- -have they caved, or have they just put selling ammo "oh hold" ??

Why Hornady? What did they do?
    darbo likes this.
    If you're going to carry one weapon, might as well carry two, because as the saying goes, "Two is one, and one is none."

"Liberals can decline or whine, but I will still carry and conceal mine." - Cold Warrior. Excellent quote good sir!

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ROFL SQUAD View Post
    Why Hornady? What did they do?
    A member of the Hornaday family is a big Obama supporter. However, that member has nothing to do with he company. Boycotting Hornaday is misplaced, the company has disavowed any connection or support for Obama or gun control.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Links