Brother is going on house arrest, I need some input

This is a discussion on Brother is going on house arrest, I need some input within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; THIS IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE. There is something called constructive possession, and depending on jurisdiction and interpretation, having a firearm in his residence could be ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Brother is going on house arrest, I need some input

THIS IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE.

There is something called constructive possession, and depending on jurisdiction and interpretation, having a firearm in his residence could be construed as constructively possessing it.

The best course of action is to consult an attorney in your jurisdiction, and/or ask the court.

2. Remove Ads

Might have to put a keyed entry lock on your bedroom door to secure the guns
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array GlassWolf's Avatar
    Simple solution: get a gun safe.
    I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

One of my uncles was under house arrent and living with another uncle and my grandmother, They told us (In Tx) To be on the safe side and he had to bring over all his knives (none kitchen knives) and firearms over (Crossbow pistol to shotgun and bbgun) because if they were able to get to it, it could land him in trouble.
    When life gives you lemons, Open a lemonaid buisness.

Thank you to everyone who replied! My brothers PO did not show up today but I called the office and asked the not so nice lady on the phone about it and she said that when the Officer comes over he will make the decision and give me a certain amount of time to comply but that it should not be a problem.

I wanted to buy a safe anyway so now I just have a good excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by DannyB1954 View Post
    Ditto on checking with the local law. What we think means nothing if his parole officer disagrees. Really, what is he going to tell the officer, that his brothers chat room buddies said it was OK?
    I let an acquaintance stay in my RV during their drug court deal. They said that if the PO found so much as one .22 bullet in the RV, their butt was in deep doo doo.

"Sorry officer but I swear my friends on the Internet said it was fine, I don't know what to tell ya" I'm sure that would go over well

The above advice about getting a gun safe is your best protection in a number of ways.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links