Purpose of stockpiling ammo? - Page 8

Purpose of stockpiling ammo?

This is a discussion on Purpose of stockpiling ammo? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Because the day before a snowstorm is not the day to buy kerosene/propane/gasoline. The same applies to ammo. Because victory loves preparation....

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
Like Tree87Likes

Thread: Purpose of stockpiling ammo?

Because the day before a snowstorm is not the day to buy kerosene/propane/gasoline. The same applies to ammo.

Because victory loves preparation.
    aus71383 likes this.
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them. -- John Wayne as John B. Books in "The Shootist"

Senior Moderator
    I mean, you aren't going to stave off military action against yourself with 1000 rounds of 9mm handgun ammo are you?
    If you are doing it with a handgun, you are destined to fail.

A handgun is the LAST thing you want to use in a fight.

I'd work on the proper mindset before I worried about ammo because all the ammo in the world isnt going to do you any good if you dont have the proper mindset.
    aus71383 and OD* like this.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

God forbid we have a disaster that causes massive food shortages, because a lot of people will starve to death and the ones that don't starve will be killed by the people who hoarded the ammo. Just sayin'
    "I'm not IN danger Skyler, I AM the danger!"

Distinguished Member Array zamboni's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pittypat21 View Post
    Certain kinds of ammo are being stockpiled because if certain kinds of guns are banned, finding the ammo will be very difficult. It's good to have a stash for when those times get tough. Stockpiling ammo in bulk now (or before prices sky rocketed) is also a good idea so that later on if/when prices are even higher, you'll already have a good amount.

Also, buying in bulk is just cheaper.
    Not always.

Do the math before you buy. That is if you have a choice to compare between. If not and you have to, or feel the need that you need to buy it "right now"....good-luck finding it.

4-yrs ago same thing, stuff went up in price and some stuff became scarce for a while because like now, the demand went up. Then supplies returned and prices also returned to normal.

But this time everything is getting scoffed up.

These first-time buyers are buying firearms and a box ah ammo and stuffing it in their sock draws. Where it will stay. Then 6-yrs from now they will be trading it all in for ah $10.00 gift card to Target.

Re: Purpose of stockpiling ammo?

Quote Originally Posted by FLGuy View Post
    God forbid we have a disaster that causes massive food shortages, because a lot of people will starve to death and the ones that don't starve will be killed by the people who hoarded the ammo. Just sayin'
    Eh? The one with ammo can just go hunting.

Sent via telepathy on a Galaxy S3
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Links