listen to obama address the increased sales of guns in the US today:

This is a discussion on listen to obama address the increased sales of guns in the US today: within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; The thing is, not long from now people will start asking questions about Benghazi, tax season will be here, people will be looking at the ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: listen to obama address the increased sales of guns in the US today:

The thing is, not long from now people will start asking questions about Benghazi, tax season will be here, people will be looking at the price of gas and cutting their summmer vacations, kids will be out of school and we will be looking toward college tuition rates and loans again, unemployment might go up in some areas during the summer too. Lots more will be happening but he wants to keep the talk on guns so we forget all this other important stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by nevanthewolf View Post
    I hate how he uses the "hunting/shooting" definition of 2nd amendment. I'd flip backwards if he said it was for protection from tyranny. His argument just breaks down then. Ignorant, or just avoiding that interpretation?
    He's deliberately using that wording. No doubt in my mind that there are some big hunting and competition shooting groups or clubs that don't care one hoot about someone wanting to have a CCW or buy a handgun for the home as long as they leave their sport alone. I bet they also supported him too...
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

2. Remove Ads

I liked the part about "over the first four years of my administration we've tried to tighten-up and enforce some of the laws already on the books." I guess that's why prosecution of gun crimes are down 40% under his tenure as President - it's that tough stance on crime (at least, some of the crime).

The amazing thing is that many people will believe that BS because they will feel confident that it's "other people's guns that will be taken, not mine."

Were his lips moving?
    Last edited by Mjr_Fail; January 14th, 2013 at 09:13 PM.
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." --Benjamin Franklin

"Ignorance can be treated with education, sadly there is no cure for stupidity."

The only ones that believe him are all those that got their free Iphones and blocks of cheese for voting him in office. As for me and my house, WE SHALL SERVE THE LORD, PERIOD!

Barry O is gun salesman of the decade. He and his merry band of libtards have pushed more fear-based gun sales than anyone in the industry could ever dream of. HE has seen the enemy, and it is HIM!!!
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Well here another outlook, my christmas list keeps getting bigger, I know its fake but what an idea Timeline Photos | Facebook
    nevanthewolf and BurgerBoy like this.

Thoughts?

Let me check the infraction points schedule...

Mmmmm, that, no 10 points!

Mmmmm, this, no 15 points!

What about...nope, banned completly!

Sorry, I can't add to this thread.
    gasmitty, OD*, zacii and 3 others like this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I just threw up in my mouth!
    OD* likes this.
    "The key to freedom is the ability to defend yourself"

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cmdrdredd View Post
    He basically said retailers and manufacturers are making people scared and using fear to drive up sales. That's utterly ridiculous.
    It's not retailers that are making me scared, it's Obozo! He's salesman of the year in my book!

He is a politician. They lie, and we elect them. I'm not going to watch it but like all politicians they do not answer questions, they subvert them. Similar to how this jack wagon seems hell bent on doing to the Constitution.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

"It'd be pretty hard to argue...that somehow....gun owners have had their....rights infringed." - B.O.

It would be very easy for me to argue that.

Austin

mkh
    How can a manufacturer's greed cause me or anyone else to us their product?

The only real greed evident is his greed for power and for doing things "because I say so."
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Re: listen to obama address the increased sales of guns in the US today:

When it comes to economics, and the constitution, I hardly think that he's stupid.

He's doing it on purpose; or at least his puppet master is. Everything he says and does has an end goal. And it isn't for the best interests of our country.

After this is all said and done, people will forget all about Benedict Arnold.

Sent from my Galaxy S2
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Distinguished Member Array lchamp's Avatar
    He wouldn't see the truth if it hit him between his eyes. If he believes what he said, he is a fool...if he doesn't believe what he said, he is a liar. Hmmm, perhaps a foolish liar...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links