I attend meetings a lot and there is a young female probably mid to late 20's

This is a discussion on I attend meetings a lot and there is a young female probably mid to late 20's within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I was talking to a friend that bought an AR15,before prices skyrocketed ,and she asked are any of you guys gun guys"I said yep I'm ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: I attend meetings a lot and there is a young female probably mid to late 20's

I was talking to a friend that bought an AR15,before prices skyrocketed ,and she asked are any of you guys gun guys"I said yep I'm a gun guy,she said her husband was going to teach her to shoot so she could protect herself when he wasn't home and that he wanted her to get a CHL.
    Then she said he can't find any 9mm anywhere and asked if we knew where there might be some.I said actually you came to the right place because I reload and I can make all he needs with a little notice.
    So we are getting more and more people that realize the world is a dangerous place and isn't going to get any more safe anytime soon.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

VIP Member
    Hope shes not a day late & a dollar short

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    I was talking to a friend that bought an AR15,before prices skyrocketed ,and she asked are any of you guys gun guys"I said yep I'm a gun guy,she said her husband was going to teach her to shoot so she could protect herself when he wasn't home and that he wanted her to get a CHL.
    Then she said he can't find any 9mm anywhere and asked if we knew where there might be some.I said actually you came to the right place because I reload and I can make all he needs with a little notice.
    So we are getting more and more people that realize the world is a dangerous place and isn't going to get any more safe anytime soon.
    What kind of meetings?
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Your right that more and more people are taking notice. My wife is retired from our local hospital and now she teaches Yoga and Tia Chi a few hours a week at the rehab center at the same facility. This past week she was talking to some of the women after class and talking about arthritis in her finger and she said this is my mouse clicking finger and trigger finger and right away one of the ladies said "do you carry". Never would of heard that a few years ago, she politely said a lady never tells.
    NRA Patron Member
    GOA Life Member
    Never look down on anybody, unless you're helping them up.

Just some friendly advice,

I would never tell ANYONE/STRANGER that you reload. Who knows who they are and what their intent is. There are a lot of scam artists out there..
    Secret Spuk and Aiko like this.

Pictures of this 20 something or it didn't happen

I remember reading a thread around here about selling your reloads to someone else and the need for a license or something. I have no idea, but just wanted to bring it up so that you might check it out. I'd hate for you to be doing something nice for someone and get into a lot of trouble over it.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    What kind of meetings?
    Assault Weapons Anonymous. They used to have 12 steps but may be limited to ten or less in the near future.
    macg19, Brad426, whoppo and 8 others like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by Jemsaal View Post
    I remember reading a thread around here about selling your reloads to someone else and the need for a license or something. I have no idea, but just wanted to bring it up so that you might check it out. I'd hate for you to be doing something nice for someone and get into a lot of trouble over it.
    To maunufacture ammunition (including reloads) for sale requires a license. I can make and give you all the reloaded ammo I want, but I won't.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by Jemsaal View Post
    M. Ayoob has written about the risks of handloads if used as defensive carry ammunition: discussion thread @ Gunforums.net.

For myself, I don't mind using reloads for range practice, mostly due to reduced cost. But I opt for factory loads for carry duty. YMMV.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Assault Weapons Anonymous. They used to have 12 steps but may be limited to ten or less in teh near future.
    Yeah, they have to get rid of the "admitted" steps in light of upcoming legislation/royal edicts.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

You had me all worked up and then I realize you are talking about ammo lol

Quote Originally Posted by Frado View Post
    Just some friendly advice,

I would never tell ANYONE/STRANGER that you reload. Who knows who they are and what their intent is. There are a lot of scam artists out there..

Yes you need an FFL to reload. Not the kind that allows you to buy guns, but to manufacture ammunition for sale. I think I still have my stamp around somewhere, but I gave up the license years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    M. Ayoob has written about the risks of handloads if used as defensive carry ammunition: discussion thread @ Gunforums.net.

For myself, I don't mind using reloads for range practice, mostly due to reduced cost. But I opt for factory loads for carry duty. YMMV.
    Yeah, I read that a while back when I first started thinking about reloading my own stuff. Came to the same conclusion you're at. I'm saving all my brass now as I shoot and sometime in the future, will by the stuff to start reloading.

Probably will reload a .25 first if I can. Take it out to the range, put it in a vice and tie a 50 yard string to the trigger. If my reload's a bit hot, no big loss.

Distinguished Member Array dangerranger's Avatar
    Federal law does not require any license to reload. I can use my reloads as I see fit, give them away, and can even sell a few legally. The law says that I need a Manufacturing license if I make a "significant profit" from their sales. Now your state and local laws may differ, and your home owners insurance company may have a problem with it. But the feds don't have a problem with occasional sales. DR

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links