new grips for New model S&W bodyguard 38 relover

This is a discussion on new grips for New model S&W bodyguard 38 relover within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; New poster here.... have been lurking, soaking up all the great info ( and some maybe not so great...it is the Internet ya know ) ...

Thread: new grips for New model S&W bodyguard 38 relover

New poster here.... have been lurking, soaking up all the great info ( and some maybe not so great...it is the Internet ya know ) so thanks to the many great contribuitors...

My wife has a new model Bodyguard with the insight laser... and we are less than pleased.... with the way every thing works.. she develops a blister after 15 to 25 rounds standart FMJ range ammo....
    Does anyone know of replacement grips that will fit this weapon? preferably with laser?

I looked at Crimson traces site and did not find one that would fit... I have the model 405 on my SW 438 and am pleased with them... they list the bodyguard but I am pretty sure that is the older model from several years ago... the new model does not appear to have a screw held grip but a press pin in the lower part of the grip.

I also have a 1974 model 36 square butt.... same problem... but I am not as concerned since it was passed down to me and is not for carry..

Thanks ahead of time for any help
    Last edited by xpierrat; January 14th, 2013 at 05:24 PM. Reason: make that revolver...not real lover... in the title LOL

Quote Originally Posted by xpierrat View Post
    ......My wife has a new model Bodyguard with the insight laser... and we are less than pleased.... with the way every thing works.. she develops a blister after 15 to 25 rounds standart FMJ range ammo....
    Does anyone know of replacement grips that will fit this weapon? preferably with laser?
    Hello xpierrat. My wife and I are in the exact same situation as you and your wife. I have ordered Hogue Part #60020- S&W J RB Cent/PlyBody Rub Tamer Grip directly from Hogue. S&W J Frame Round Butt Centennial/Polymer Bodyguard Rubber Tamer Grip

Sad to say the item is back ordered for at least 30 days. So I can't say if it will be "the" solution we are seeking. We do like the gun and know it is strictly a CCW, not a range gun. But she wants to get more proficient with it, and that includes comfort.

Hope the idea helps.
    http://webpages.charter.net/jlevitan1/
    "Welcome to my home. That door you just kicked in was locked for YOUR protection, not mine."
    "You threaten my family....."I" am THE first responder"
    "When seconds count....the police are just minutes away"

Bg 38 grips

Quote Originally Posted by xpierrat View Post
    New poster here.... have been lurking, soaking up all the great info ( and some maybe not so great...it is the Internet ya know ) so thanks to the many great contribuitors...

My wife has a new model Bodyguard with the insight laser... and we are less than pleased.... with the way every thing works.. she develops a blister after 15 to 25 rounds standart FMJ range ammo....

I looked at Crimson traces site and did not find one that would fit... I have the model 405 on my SW 438 and am pleased with them... they list the bodyguard but I am pretty sure that is the older model from several years ago... the new model does not appear to have a screw held grip but a press pin in the lower part of the grip.

I also have a 1974 model 36 square butt.... same problem... but I am not as concerned since it was passed down to me and is not for carry..

Thanks ahead of time for any help

I came across your post and joined up so I could respond. If this question is still a concern, check out this thread on the S&W forum: BodyGuard 38 replacement grip?
    It is a great thread and thoroughly addresses your question. The posts under the name McTeach are mine. Good luck

My wife has BG380 for her carry gun, has soft hands and a weak wrist but her only complaint is that her hand starts to hurt after about 20-30 rounds. Since that's the extent of each range trip anyway, she doesn't feel the need to change anything. Also, she's aware that in a real life, it'll be over after the 6 +1 anyway.

Her previous gun was a Taurus 85 .38 SPL which we DID put CT grips on it which DID improve the feel for her.

Links