Cheaper than dirt won't communicate with me AND they have my $$$$$$

This is a discussion on Cheaper than dirt won't communicate with me AND they have my $$$$$$ within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Most places are swamped with orders! They will sort out. I know people in the industry and yes they are busy but they don't like ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Cheaper than dirt won't communicate with me AND they have my $$$$$$

VIP Member
    Most places are swamped with orders! They will sort out. I know people in the industry and yes they are busy but they don't like it either.
    I am sure you will get a refund and they will B.O. the product and bill you once shipped.
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

2. Remove Ads

Interesting problem. I've got a similar story to tell. I've purchased a lot of items online from several different vendors since Sandy Hook and am seeing big delays. On Dec 22, I ordered some things from Mississippi Auto Arms and after a short email response from them about backlogs at the end of December, their phone was off for the last couple of weeks. Earlier this week they were auto-replying to emails telling me to use the time waiting to write my representatives about impending gun control legislation (which I have already done and continue to do, thank you very much) I went on to their Facebook page and clearly someone was posting updates and commentary during this same time and I felt a bit irked since they could do this and not get back to emails about paid orders that were running longer than they were advertising (10 business days). I left them a note there just asking about my order status and also commenting on their lack of communication.

Well, yesterday they sent me an email saying my order has shipped with a Fed Ex smart post tracking #. My issue now is that the tracking number they gave me is invalid. I am going to wait until close of day today to see if it shows up as having been scanned. I know these smaller sellers have been hammered and were really unprepared to execute the volume of business they've seen. I'm just a bit disappointed that they don't realize that communicating with the customer is probably more important than shipping a day or two earlier, especially when everyone knows what's going on. Since they have a storefront, I sure hope they've operated on the sold-is-sold principle and haven't pulled pre-sold inventory to hand to some guy at the counter.

Next week, I'll have a couple of other orders to start worrying about from other vendors who will have hit their estimate for shipping. In the meantime, I have ordered gun-related items from Amazon and several Gunbroker.com auctions with no issues whatsoever.

Will re-post updates if anyone is interested.
    "There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." ~ P. J. O'Rourke

Sponsor
    I apologize for the delays HardBall. We are about a week behind on CS emails, so you can imagine, it has been difficult to fix things right away and make everybody happy. We're starting to catch up now. We didn't expect to get swamped like this and we were not prepared for it.
    QKShooter likes this.
    Also known as CTD Chris

America's Ultimate Shooting Sports Discounter
    http://www.CheaperThanDirt.com

well, the saga continues because the package is in motion again. UPS must have found it.

If it is an AR, then you probably want the package, not the refund, so I would make this clear with CTD if I were you.

VIP Member
    Glad it worked out for you.

A note about privacy...I'd suggest updating the post to remove details like tracking numbers, order numbers, etc. just a suggestion, but that information seems exploitable.

Distinguished Member Array Brady's Avatar
    I'm happy for you that they decided to make it right, and that you might actually what you wanted.

I used to buy from CTD many moons ago when they truly were cheaper than anyone else but sold mostly surplus items. They are no longer cheaper than most other venders. Last couple of times I found something there that I wanted, I started to order (you have to fill out the entire order process before you get the shipping costs) and found the shipping was about 50% higher than other venders. To be fair, shipping rates were fluctuating all over the place at that time but CTD was still way higher than others and I did get what I wanted cheaper elsewhere due to shipping costs. Haven't been back since.
    ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36
    USN/VET; NRA; GOA, jpfo.org
    Life in a Jar: The Irena Sendler Project www.irenasendler.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links