Cheaper than dirt won't communicate with me AND they have my $$$$$$

This is a discussion on Cheaper than dirt won't communicate with me AND they have my $$$$$$ within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Starting at the bottom of the page is my email string with Chris Brown at cheaper that dirt, I had already emailed them a few ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Cheaper than dirt won't communicate with me AND they have my $$$$$$

Cheaper than dirt won't communicate with me AND they have my $$$$$$

Starting at the bottom of the page is my email string with Chris Brown at cheaper that dirt, I had already emailed them a few times before this.

In short, I placed an order with them at the end of December and UPS claims to have lost it.

I'm looking to see what you guys think. Am I out of line to think they should make good on product I paid for and never received?

They don't accept incoming calls, and my emails are falling on deaf ears.

I hate to play the Credit card charge back game, but it's the only thing I have left to try and gain there attention.

Hi Chris,

No one from your office has contacted me, should I assume you have no interest in resolving this?

On a side note regarding your company's turning off there phone to incoming calls is truly amazing.

My phone is on and awaiting your call 206-***-****

Have a great evening.

Gary
    To: Gary <@yahoo.com>
    Sent: Friday, January 11, 2013 4:28 PM
    Subject: RE: Order # 11236662

How do you know it is lost?

Chris Brown

Cheaper Than Dirt, Inc.
    2524 NE Loop 820
    Fort Worth, TX 76106
    Phone 817-378-5100 Ext. 158
    Cheaper Than Dirt - America's Ultimate Shooting Sports Discounter
    Sent: Friday, January 11, 2013 6:18 PM
    To: Chris Brown
    Subject: Re: Order # 11236662

No, your wrong. And your short response in the matter is disappointing.

Sent from my iPhone
    On Jan 11, 2013, at 3:32 PM, Chris Brown <ChrisB@cheaperthandirt.com> wrote:
    Show in route.

UPS: Tracking Information

Chris Brown

Cheaper Than Dirt, Inc.
    2524 NE Loop 820
    Fort Worth , TX 76106
    Phone 817-378-5100 Ext. 158
    Cheaper Than Dirt - America's Ultimate Shooting Sports Discounter
    Sent: Friday, January 11, 2013 8:29 AM
    To: help@CheaperThanDirt.com
    Subject: Order # 11236662

Subject: Order # 11236662

Hi

UPS is telling me my package is lost, this is a substantial amount of money $1033.50 dollars. Order # 11236662 Please provide me a valid phone number so I can speak to someone in your office about this.

Your phones are not working, I assume you already are aware of that, so email is the only way to attempt to contact you. That's no way to conduct business.

I have waited a patiently for someone
    from your office to contact me, if you
    choose to ignore me I'll be left with
    little choice but to take the problem
    up with my credit card company.

My cell is 206-***-****

Thank you.
    Gary
    My EDC G27 gen. 4
    Favorite range gun G23 gen. 3

NRA Life Member

2. Remove Ads

Clicked on your tracking link and it shows in transit, must have changed? Other than that no you would not be outta line since only the shipper can file a claim against the freight company.

Pretty simple solution...have the credit card company refund the purchase and cross Cheaper Than Dirt off your 'Where to Buy List".
    They are a sponsor here, so maybe you might want to mention a 'viewing audience' or over 66K when you send your next/last email?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

No delivery shown. You could call the UPS Office locally and have them trace it. Afterwards, simple. Charge-back.
    hazard123 likes this.
    Richard

NRA Life Member

"But if they don't exist, how can a man see them?"

"You may think I'm pompous, but actually I'm pedantic... let me explain the difference."

"Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive and don't ever apologize for anything."

I should of added to my post that UPS contacted me to say the package has been lost. The tracking info. has shown it stuck in portland sense 1/7/13
    My EDC G27 gen. 4

NRA Life Member

I agree, I clicked the tracking and it is on it's way. I do know with everything going on all shipments were delayed from all suppliers. I ordered some AR mags Dec. 26, still not shipped yet.
    Now I agree that having the phones off is not good, they might have had no choice with the amount of calls they were probably getting. I for one am not a fan of Cheaper then dirt anymore for removing the guns then being one of the first to price gouge us. But that is my opinion.
    I would give it a couple of days, it is almost to you.

Be safe!
    NEVER point a gun at something you are not prepared to destroy!
    AND for GODS sake, get your finger off the trigger until you are ready to squeeze the trigger!

I've heard some ugly stories that some of the online guys are taking orders AND money, then telling the buyers they are "out of stock", and than charging "Cancellation" fees when the buyer wants his money back!!That's just UNAMERICAN!!

Quote Originally Posted by HardBall View Post
    I should of added to my post that UPS contacted me to say the package has been lost. The tracking info. has shown it stuck in portland sense 1/7/13
    Oh ok. Then I would forward what UPS sent to you to them and see what happens. UPS is responsible now if the package was lost.

Be safe!
    AND for GODS sake, get your finger off the trigger until you are ready to squeeze the trigger!

Credit car purchase + no item = credit card charge back. Yay CC companies protecting their customers.

Have UPS put that in writing (that it is lost). When received, scan it and send it to CTD. Tell them to credit your CC within 5 days and notify you of same. If nothing happens within 5 days, do a charge back and send the CC company copies of everything.
    Black Knight and HardBall like this.
    Richard

NRA Life Member

"But if they don't exist, how can a man see them?"

"You may think I'm pompous, but actually I'm pedantic... let me explain the difference."

"Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive and don't ever apologize for anything."

I used to work for UPS. Generally when a package is "lost" it means the package ended up on a truck and wasn't scanned so they don't know where it is. Usually what happens is that they will have tracking on it when it reaches the other end of the line when it gets scanned coming off of whatever truck it was put on. It will then end up getting re-routed back to you. The biggest concern is that it seems to be missing for a week now. Occasionally a package can fall off of a conveyor belt and end up under a conveyor system. If that is the case it could be lost for a while.

If there is no new info from UPS in the next da or two, you'll need to probably need to have lower than dirt refund your money and they will go after UPS for a claim. If LTD doesn't want to play nice you'll have to go through your credit card company.

What a pain! Sorry you have to deal with this crap
    Rock and Glock and HardBall like this.

Thanks for the good words guys!
    My EDC G27 gen. 4

NRA Life Member

I had this happen with a lens I sent to Nikon for cleaning. I was supposed to get it back before a big shoot and it never came. I called UPS and they said it was delivered and left at the side door. I said I do not have a side door. Silence on the other end. Then they asked if I lived in Washington state, I said no, then they said do you know anyone there, I said what difference does that make.
    The bottom line was Nikon and UPS handled it and I would up with a brand new lens.

Be safe!

Did a little checking on their site tonight, and could find no mags that were over 10 rds for sale. Coincidence, I don't think so.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

No more business with Lower Than Dirt..........for me.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links