How Has The Administration Bought Vendors Into Step?

This is a discussion on How Has The Administration Bought Vendors Into Step? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Dicks, Cheaper than Dirt, Wally World and whoever else. What carrot was dangled before them on the stick which has gotten them to sell out?...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By BeefyG
  • 1 Post By Crowman

Thread: How Has The Administration Bought Vendors Into Step?

VIP Member

How Has The Administration Bought Vendors Into Step?

Dicks, Cheaper than Dirt, Wally World and whoever else. What carrot was dangled before them on the stick which has gotten them to sell out?
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

2. Remove Ads

They all got where they are on the food chain by self serving acts, not morals, at some point the truth will reveal itself.

Last edited by HardBall; January 14th, 2013 at 11:46 PM. Reason: spelling
    My EDC G27 gen. 4
    Favorite range gun G23 gen. 3

NRA Life Member

I would imagine being high volume businesses they are trying to avoid getting stuck with a huge glut of merchandise they can't unload due to new legislation. I'd also imagine they're getting some inside track on some things in return for their compliance. They're hedging their bets because there's no profit to be made in martyrdom.
    Rock and Glock likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Dicks, Cheaper than Dirt, Wally World and whoever else. What carrot was dangled before them on the stick which has gotten them to sell out?
    Highly doubtful the administration had anything to do with their decisions.... With the above businesses and many others its all about money..... For them is is simply a business decision..........

Our main interest at this point in time should be ways to stop the administration from enacting any so called gun control laws that will have an adverse impact on law abiding citizens.
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Quote Originally Posted by BeefyG View Post
    I would imagine being high volume businesses they are trying to avoid getting stuck with a huge glut of merchandise they can't unload due to new legislation. I'd also imagine they're getting some inside track on some things in return for their compliance. They're hedging their bets because there's no profit to be made in martyrdom.
    Can't buy this because any new law or executive order will have a time frame attached to it. If something happen in legislation (it won't), Wally and everyone else would be given time to dump inventory and IF a law was passed, how fast does anyone think that inventory would be gone in hours or days? It would be panic buying by everyone and anyone...
    Doug;}
    RSO, WA. XDMc 9mm, S&W 642CT & 442 38 sp, 1947 Savage 99 300,
    1972 Marlin 336 RC .35, 1922 Walther Model 4, 1933 Walther DSM 34, High Standard 1954 22LR

I prefer to be judged by 12 then carried by 6

This question reminds me of those animated gifs floating around the internet where they take the portion of infomercials of people tripping over carpets or spilling stuff all over the place and then -THANKS OBAMA -appears on the screen. What I am getting at is this - You can't blame good ole capitalist greed on the government.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    This question reminds me of those animated gifs floating around the internet where they take the portion of infomercials of people tripping over carpets or spilling stuff all over the place and then -THANKS OBAMA -appears on the screen. What I am getting at is this - You can't blame good ole capitalist greed on the government.
    The question is legitimate, and is in no way intended to be loaded. What does the administration say to Walmart officials that moves them to take the action they took: tax breaks; hiring preferences; government contracts?
    Tuco

VIP Member
    We don't actually know Wal-Mart has done anything. Dicks, CTD and others were making their moves voluntarily, which is far different from a store reacting to a law or administration policy change.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TX expat View Post
    We don't actually know Wal-Mart has done anything. Dicks, CTD and others were making their moves voluntarily, which is far different from a store reacting to a law or administration policy change.
    I honestly don't know that to be the case. Maybe, maybe not. I do, however, know that within a very short time of "the conversation" being announced, moves were made.
    Tuco

VIP Member
    I honestly don't know that to be the case. Maybe, maybe not. I do, however, know that within a very short time of "the conversation" being announced, moves were made.
    I don't know about WNDs legitimacy, so take this for what it's worth.

Walmart responds to ‘suspended ammo’ story
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

The question is legitimate, and is in no way intended to be loaded. What does the administration say to Walmart officials that moves them to take the action they took: tax breaks; hiring preferences; government contracts?
    Unless you have some sort of source or proof or information that there was a carrot to begin with then the question not legitimate.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    Unless you have some sort of source or proof or information that there was a carrot to begin with then the question not legitimate.
    Only recent and current events. How does a lack of proof de-legitimize the question?
    Tuco

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    My guess is they either used the IRS (been done in the past) or Obamacare.

Links