7 round mag limits in NY - Page 11

7 round mag limits in NY

This is a discussion on 7 round mag limits in NY within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by CharlesMorri I think this is more appropriate... Attachment 66755 I want a t-shirt with that logo on it....

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast
Like Tree139Likes

Thread: 7 round mag limits in NY

Re: 7 round mag limits in NY

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesMorri View Post
    I think this is more appropriate...
    Attachment 66755
    I want a t-shirt with that logo on it.
    There is a solution but we are not Jedi... not yet.
    Doghandler

VIP Member
    Doesn't matter. You can't "vote out" any provision of the bill of rights nor the constitution.
    This is infringement on a massive scale. One which turns law abiding citizens into criminals over night!
    There are many ways this law can be struck down.
    This will not pass muster with SCOTUS and guess what? If it DOES pass muster with SCOTUS, then all bets are off and we start the next civil war!

Friggin count on it!
    Attachment 66758
    Attachment 66759
    Attachment 66760
    1) So there is no misunderstanding, I don't like what they did.
    2) Where are all the "state's rights folks" who have come here to repeatedly defend whatever one state or another
    has done on something or other. They used to come here and still do to want the US government out of the issue,
    to argue about incorporation of 2A, and argue against national reciprocity. OK state's righters, it is NY-- and according
    to your theories they can do what they want.According to your theories AZ can do what it wants. According to your theories
    IL can do what it wants.
    3) They can't. They all must follow Heller. Well Heller says there can be regulation. So at least according to one of the
    most conservative justices on one of the most conservative USSCs we have ever had, they have done nothing
    unconstitutional. NY has applied regulations its legislature sees fit to enact but has not made it impossible to own
    guns, nor have they made it impossible to get a license.

4) It is fine to argue that they are misguided, that they are wrong, that the law won't help anything, that others shouldn't follow
    NY's miserable example, but when some get off on the constitutional issues, the allegations of tyranny, and other overheated rhetoric they harm us, they don't help us.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ksholder View Post
    Since you are from Maine and he is from Texas, he does not have to worry about your vote.
    Slightly OT, the "Don't mess with Texas" slogan was and is used to discourage folks from throwing trash out of their
    car windows. It was initially produced as a public service ad to remind people that it is unlawful (and just not nice)
    to act like a pig and mess up our countryside with your beer bottles, left over Big Mac, and the kid's diaper.
    It has nothing to do with "machismo" of Texans or gun rights.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

7 round mag limits in NY

A little something for the political duchebags in the wonderful state of NY...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358344935.536197.jpg
    That will happen soon enough!
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358345530.837471.jpg
    I am so angry right now that I feel like I could explode!
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358345614.182896.jpg

If I am ever on a jury about a stupid gun law like this one, I'll make sure the person is found not-guilty.

7 round mag limits in NY

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    1)
    It is fine to argue that they are misguided, that they are wrong, that the law won't help anything, that others shouldn't follow
    NY's miserable example, but when some get off on the constitutional issues, the allegations of tyranny, and other overheated rhetoric they harm us, they don't help us.
    You must not get out much. "We, the People" have absolute control over SCOTUS... Period.
    Their job is interpretation and understanding. Their word is not written in stone.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358346038.055843.jpg

What part of "shall not be infringed" don't you understand?
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358346157.335296.jpg

It appears that people have truly lost sight of the fact that "We, the People" can accomplish ANYTHING we put our minds to.
    WE have the power to completely obliterate our current system if "WE" so chose to do it.
    You can either wake up or you can sit down "all back of the bus".
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358346344.690418.jpg

VIP Member
    4) It is fine to argue that they are misguided, that they are wrong, that the law won't help anything, that others shouldn't follow
    Hop, let's be very clear here... You are not "us". You'll see "us" sold out along with the Second Amendment by the Marxist you believe so strongly in, and all the while, you'll keep trying to convince "us" how it's legal and how they are well within their Constitutional authority to enslave the people of this country.
    CharlesMorri likes this.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by deanathpc View Post
    I am from NY and am still going through the bill. 70 pages long when printed. I am also from upstate so don't group me in with those idiots down state. We gun owners are a minority. Obviously. I voted for none of them but we are out numbered. Heavily.

With the new law I'm a felon x many times over. Magazines are not registered. Rifles aren't either but obviously there is a paperwork trail. Pistols well they are on your permit so they do have a better paper trail.

Confiscation was in the bill but pulled at the last min. And now our politicians were given anywhere from 20 mins to 2 hours to review the proposed bill prior to vote. Cuomo used dirty tactics to push it through. And he by by passed the standard 3 day wait period for review etc so it couldn't get rejected. And he will be your next president candidate as he has already stated.

Now.. for us western ny'ers we have a layer who is already offering his services pro bono to fight these idiots. The NRA has already called me asking for donations to help in this fight.

It's being speculated that the whole Sandy Hook "tragedy" was a hoax. It was a FEMA training event. Given to the media as a political whatever you wish to call it to help their agenda. Something didn't feel / sound right from the start of that.

Now as for the ill feeling of us in your state. Spent time in NC while in the military. They don't like us. Understood. You have your reasons. But when I said I'm from ny it was always assumed the city. That's all people know or associate it with. When I responded with no from Niagara falls way the changed their tune. I want out of this state. I'm not sure where to go. Nothing will come from this. We in upstate can not win against those in down state. We up here just wish they would detach themselves from us. Esp when it comes to presidential elections. Already a group of us discussing where to go.

I'm sure the last remaining gun manufacturers will be leaving. It was already stated so when the idiots passed the stupid micro stamping law.

Read the new bill. Even the short version. We are fighting this. If we don't you'll see this in other states I'm sure. Only a matter of time. Now I'm back to researching where I can move my family to.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2
    re: part in bold. Right there is where you will lose all possible credibility to any argument you make after that statement,
    no matter the strength of that argument.
    Andrew Jackson

What part? Not seeing anything in bold.

VIP Member
    You must not get out much. "We, the People" have absolute control over SCOTUS... Period.
    Their job is interpretation and understanding.
    Really? Would you like to explain how that control operates? Be careful about the words you choose in response
    because one firebrand already lost his business license with ill conceived talk.

@TX Expat. I am not where you are on many issues. But I am certainly an "us" in that I carry, and
    I'm ahead of many in that I would like to see uniform national laws and national reciprocity so that we
    don't have to deal with a crazy quilt of state imposed crap. The folks who don't want to do anything to expand
    gun owner rights across the nation because they adhere to a strong state's rights philosophy are the ones doing
    us the most harm.

Congress could easily and quickly fix a lot both for our benefit and for society's safety if they weren't all
    totally immersed in their fund raising and partisan bickering and egged on to extremist viewpoints.

There is plenty of room on gun issues to make 97% of the population happy; 3% will never be satisfied. There are always statistical outliers.
    Andrew Jackson

VIP Member
    What part? Not seeing anything in bold.

It shows up in bold on my computer.

If we are talking of the same post that I responded to the part I put in bold had this statement-- "It's being speculated that the whole Sandy Hook "tragedy" was a hoax. It was a FEMA training event.

My response was that once you say that you lose all cred to anything further said no matter how good the
    arguments which follow might be.
    Andrew Jackson

7 round mag limits in NY

My response was that once you say that you lose all cred to anything further said no matter how good the
    That's alright. You've lost any cred you "might" have had here.

You go and wring your hands together once they come for YOUR guns. The rest of us will challenge the UN-constitutional laws that are being passed.
    You are damn right that I will fight this BS and do me a favor, don't threaten me with some twisted tale of some FIREBRAND who lost his business.

The government will continue to take as long as men(?) like YOU decide it's not OK to stir the pot.
    Sit your ••• down on the sidelines. We'll call for you if we need any Gatorade.
    As for me, I am jacked up, •••••• off and 100% sick and tired of this deluded •••••••• of a president trashing MY constitutional rights!

He trashed the first amendment.

He trashed the fourth amendment.

Now he's trying to ABOLISH the second amendment.

Well guess what? Not on my watch!!
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358351862.549609.jpg

It shows up in bold on my computer.

If we are talking of the same post that I responded to the part I put in bold had this statement-- "It's being speculated that the whole Sandy Hook "tragedy" was a hoax. It was a FEMA training event.

I'll quote you directly....

So because the fact I said that about Sandy Hook? Look it up. Cuomo is using that for his political emotional response. He even said because of that new tougher laws need to he in place. Google it all. Prove me wrong. I work in EMS so I know how scenes like that go. It wasn't even close. No ambulances, no frantic people. Nothing.

So if this makes you feel like my credibility is shot so be it. I now deem you a forums troll and ignore all future posts by you.

That's alright. You've lost any cred you "might" have had here.

You go and wring your hands together once they come for YOUR guns. The rest of us will challenge the UN-constitutional laws that are being passed.
    You are damn right that I will fight this BS and do me a favor, don't threaten me with some twisted tale of some FIREBRAND who lost his business.

The government will continue to take as long as men(?) like YOU decide it's not OK to stir the pot.
    Sit your ••• down on the sidelines. We'll call for you if we need any Gatorade.
    As for me, I am jacked up, •••••• off and 100% sick and tired of this deluded •••••••• of a president trashing MY constitutional rights!

He trashed the first amendment.

He trashed the fourth amendment.

Now he's trying to ABOLISH the second amendment.

Well guess what? Not on my watch!!
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358351862.549609.jpg
    Just so I'm clear. I'm o.k. and now his credibility is shot?

You should be ticked. Your state borders mine. This idiocy may spill over the borders. Don't let it happen.

We are fighting this on multiple fronts. I just hope it happens in time.

OD*
    No ambulances, no frantic people. Nothing.
    Apprently you aren't the only one that feels that way.

"The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, don’t give them a tomorrow."

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Sponsored Links