7 round mag limits in NY

This is a discussion on 7 round mag limits in NY within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; You don't need to worry about us in Vermont. Our state constitution affirms my rights to own and carry weapons. As a mater of fact, ...

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112
Like Tree139Likes

Thread: 7 round mag limits in NY

7 round mag limits in NY

You don't need to worry about us in Vermont. Our state constitution affirms my rights to own and carry weapons.
    As a mater of fact, the city of Burlington has just voted in a charter change to ban "assault weapons and high capacity magazine clip thingies".
    I told one of our local news reporters that I can't wait until the citizens get to vote on it!
    Vermont is a constitutional carry state. No permit system. Open or concealed carry, in fact any way you want. "Printing" with your gun? Who gives a crap as you can carry however you feel like carrying.
    The other fun fact is that NO city, town or hamlet or whatever can enact ANY gun laws that are stricter than what the state constitution allows for. Thus, if the charter change for the city of Burlington passes, it will be struck down as unconstitutional!

2295. Authority of municipal and county governments to regulate firearms, ammunition, hunting, fishing and trapping
    Except as otherwise provided by law, no town, city or incorporated village, by ordinance, resolution or other enactment, shall directly regulate hunting, fishing and trapping or the possession, ownership, transportation, transfer, sale, purchase, carrying, licensing or registration of traps, firearms, ammunition or components of firearms or ammunition. This section shall not limit the powers conferred upon a town, city or incorporated village under section 2291(8) of this title. The provisions of this section shall supersede any inconsistent provisions of a municipal charter

(8) To regulate or prohibit the use or discharge, but not possession of, firearms within the municipality or specified portions thereof, provided that an ordinance adopted under this subdivision shall be consistent with section 2295 of this title and shall not prohibit, reduce, or limit discharge at any existing sport shooting range, as that term is defined in 10 V.S.A. § 5227.

“That the people have a right to bear arms for the defence of themselves and the State -- and as standing armies in time of peace are dangerous to liberty, they ought not to be kept up; and that the military should be kept under strict subordination to and governed by the civil power.”

One of my in-laws plans on coming across the pond from the New York side to live here in Vermont. He is going to store his evil black rifles with me until he finds a house!

Don't you worry about me. I plan on taking the appropriate actions to defend my rights.
    My family and my wife's family have major contacts to help us out.

Make no mistake boys and girls. We are in for the fight of our lives on this one!
    I will defend mine and your rights to the very bitter end, even If it comes down to civil insurrection.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358356460.551492.jpg

In the Heller (or McDonald, not sure.) decision,
    SCOTUS ruled that the second amendment is an individual right and that "We the People" should be armed akin to a modern day infantry soldier.

As far as "regulations" being placed on the 2A, it means that you can't have a nuke or an F18 or a B1 Bomber or an aircraft carrier.
    THOSE are the "common sense" restrictions.
    There fore, we are allowed to carry and own weapons similar in nature to the modern soldier.
    You CAN own a fully automatic weapon. You just need the proper paperwork and a tax stamp and a boatload of cash to buy one. But it is legal!

I will not support any further restrictions on my 2A rights as they are God given rights that NO state or organization can remove.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358357322.887322.jpg
    aus71383 and The Old Anglo like this.

2. Remove Ads

Re: 7 round mag limits in NY

Thanks. Maybe I should consider Vermont then. Any state would be better than this one. Well besides California. :)

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2
    aus71383 and alien960 like this.

Cuomo's speeches remind me of footage of Hitler in the late 30's.

Senior Member Array The Old Anglo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex_C View Post
    Cuomo's speeches remind me of footage of Hitler in the late 30's.
    Yup..The Gun Nazi`s are loose. Prepare.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by deanathpc View Post
    Thanks. Maybe I should consider Vermont then. Any state would be better than this one. Well besides California. :)

Or Illinois, or WA DC (although not a state).
    EDC - M&P Shield .40, Ruger P90, OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

OD*
    The Emperor has spoken.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

"There is very little new, and the forgotten is constantly being rediscovered."
    ~ Tiger McKee

Re: 7 round mag limits in NY

Not sure I could handle DC. Country boy at heart. :)

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Links