7 round mag limits in NY

This is a discussion on 7 round mag limits in NY within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; or just carry 8-shot revolvers. Because no one can shoot revolvers as fast as they can shoot semi autos........

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree139Likes

Thread: 7 round mag limits in NY

Distinguished Member Array deadguy's Avatar
    or just carry 8-shot revolvers. Because no one can shoot revolvers as fast as they can shoot semi autos.....
    shooterX and TVJ like this.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array palmcoaster's Avatar
    I second the above mentioned " no need to go to New York ever again" Glad I live in Florida where there is a poll on Bill Nelsons site that asks for opinion of reinstating the 94 ban. 96% oppose

Quote Originally Posted by TX expat View Post
    To the good people of New York: Instead of selling your guns to comply with state laws that obviously infringe upon your Second Amendment right, I humbly suggest that you sell your homes and relocate yourselves and your businesses to any other state that stands up for your Second Amendment rights.
    Thats exactly what I am going to do! I had enough of NY. I am divesting myself from this cess pool and moving south to where the cost of living is cheaper, the weather is better and my liberties are still secure. I am lucky that I am in a position to do this and I really feel for those who want to but can't.

Quote Originally Posted by kapnketel View Post
    My was recently offered a very high paying job in NY. We decided to pass. High taxes, nanny state and now this. The $$$ would have been nice, but living in a gilded cage is not for us.
    The cost of living and the cost of doing business is so high along with oppressive taxes that the high paying job in NY might not really be as high paying as you might think. Anyways, good decision on your part.

Distinguished Member Array Exacto's Avatar
    Mayor Goofburg and Governer coslo need to revisit the history of Nazi Germany and the Holocost.
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunder bolt...... Sun Tzu.

The supreme art of war is to defeat the enemy without fighting........ Sun Tzu.

Quote Originally Posted by Exacto View Post
    Mayor Goofburg and Governer coslo need to revisit the history of Nazi Germany and the Holocost.
    They know exactly what they're doing.........
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

If I was any firearm manufacturer I wouldn't be selling any firearms to NY including LEO since the mag limits would be unreasonable any mags sent in for service would not be repaired due to the mag ban,see how fast they change their tune when LEO's can't get new guns or mags
    BkCo1, Thompsonian and scstarr like this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Senior Moderator
    My question is what is a military style feature?

NYT

The expanded ban on assault weapons would broaden the definition of such weapons, banning semiautomatic pistols and rifles with detachable magazines and one military-style feature, as well as semiautomatic shotguns with one military-style feature.
    Is a safety a military style feature? Or a barrel all guns that the military uses have barrels......
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Quote Originally Posted by deadguy View Post
    or just carry 8-shot revolvers. Because no one can shoot revolvers as fast as they can shoot semi autos.....
    Ever seen Jerry Miculek shoot?

NiceAsh likes this.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Distinguished Member Array deadguy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by farronwolf View Post
    Ever seen Jerry Miculek shoot?

Ya. I was injecting some sarcasm. He is in fact the reason I posted this.

VIP Member

New York Limits Capacity to 7 - no Grandfathering

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    If I was any firearm manufacturer I wouldn't be selling any firearms to NY including LEO since the mag limits would be unreasonable any mags sent in for service would not be repaired due to the mag ban,see how fast they change their tune when LEO's can't get new guns or mags
    More to the point, if I was a firearm manufacturer and I was located in that state, I'd suck up the pain and relocate my business to a state that wasn't trying to drive me out if existence. Kimber and Remington I believe are two that need to find a new home state.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

NMB
    Albuquerque would welcome Remington and its 1000 employees with open arms.

We have plenty of land and the City runs its own shooting range city park!

Come on down Big Green!
    NRA Member
    Certified Kitchen Gunsmith

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive."
    - C.S. Lewis

So how are the school children in NY safer now.............?
    I do believe NY is now equal to NJ as far as worst in the country......although NY State still has CCL and NJ never will.
    We have to stop electing Lawyers to public office......IMO.

The nuts will still be out there. Places of worship will be at their mercy, places of work, parks and all the gun free places will still be available to these nuts. Yeah he fixed the problem..no need to fear now.We are all safe. These politicians need their heads examined.

Did any one notice that they also passed through the NY senate that will require a background check each time you buy ammo?
    If you wish for peace, prepare for war.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Links