7 round mag limits in NY - Page 4

7 round mag limits in NY

This is a discussion on 7 round mag limits in NY within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by rabbit2011 Did any one notice that they also passed through the NY senate that will require a background check each time you ...

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree139Likes

Thread: 7 round mag limits in NY

Distinguished Member Array deadguy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rabbit2011 View Post
    Did any one notice that they also passed through the NY senate that will require a background check each time you buy ammo?
    yep, and don't buy large amounts

Quote Originally Posted by rabbit2011 View Post
    Did any one notice that they also passed through the NY senate that will require a background check each time you buy ammo?
    If that's the case, a lot of people will be driving out of state to buy their ammo. Cuomo better budget for putting checkpoints with ammo-sniffers at every border crossing.
    aus71383 and CharlesMorri like this.
    "There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." ~ P. J. O'Rourke

MJK
    My home state would probably jump at the opportunity to lure Remington and Kimber. I just don't know that we could offer as much incentive as would TX or NM!

On a serious note, this law is clearly unconstitutional and will be challenged in the courts. Anyone think that practicing civil disobedience as did MLK will be the new norm in NY?
    CharlesMorri likes this.
    [T]he unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people. ---Tenche Coxe, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.

VIP Member
    One other thing to consider about all this is the NRA and other "national" groups are going to be forced to apply their resources to the larger fight first and foremost. I'm sure the NRA would love to start hammering New York, but they would be hard pressed to come up with a rational reason to exert time and money on a 'lost cause' when there's a larger and even more important fight going on at a national level.

I'm not suggesting that they will give up you folks, but they are going to be limited in what resources they can bring to bear. I don't know how strong any state group is up there, but those folks are the ones who will be front lining the resistance to this legislation.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TX expat View Post
    One other thing to consider about all this is the NRA and other "national" groups are going to be forced to apply their resources to the larger fight first and foremost. I'm sure the NRA would love to start hammering New York, but they would be hard pressed to come up with a rational reason to exert time and money on a 'lost cause' when there's a larger and even more important fight going on at a national level.

I'm not suggesting that they will give up you folks, but they are going to be limited in what resources they can bring to bear. I don't know how strong any state group is up there, but those folks are the ones who will be front lining the resistance to this legislation.
    I'm sure the NRA will be providing legal resources to the NY fiasco.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Quote Originally Posted by pgrass101 View Post
    My question is what is a military style feature?

Is a safety a military style feature? Or a barrel all guns that the military uses have barrels......
    Exactly. Ought to be an unconstitutionally vague thing, right there.

Reality is, combat-useful means just that, that when a person's in a life-or-death situation the feature helps make the tool practical enough to matter: barrel (and the ubiquitous barrel "shrouds" (hand burn avoidance fore stocks), trigger, a given caliber with enough punch to put down an assailant, sufficient capacity to put down an assailant, sufficient accuracy (inherently or with added sighting/aiming devices) to put down an assailant, etc.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member
    This is insane, I am thankful I don't live in New York.
    scgunlover1 likes this.
    "Don't start none, won't be none!"

Quote Originally Posted by TX expat View Post
    To the good people of New York: Instead of selling your guns to comply with state laws that obviously infringe upon your Second Amendment right, I humbly suggest that you sell your homes and relocate yourselves and your businesses to any other state that stands up for your Second Amendment rights.
    Half of them live in my neighborhood already here in Ga. In other words the HOA meetings are no longer friendly. Nobody waves at stop signs anymore. They pass you on 35mph neighborhood streets because you aren't driving like an idiot fast enough. All the businesses here use them and their kids now so you're the one thanking them for giving them your money instead of getting nice friendly service. They hear your southern accent and look at you like you are a moron then they burn the engine up on their new lawn mower because they didn't realize they didn't already come with oil. We have neighors from NYC that also came from other countries with arrogance and lack of common sense I have never experienced yet they look down on the people that were born here. No let those jerks (vast majority) stay up there and reap their rewards. They have migrated here and paid WAY too much per square foot for these developer homes and driven prices up, crowded the towns and turned Conyers Ga, the quiet nice place, into a pure hell hole. If I see another bling bling huge watch and 200 dollar sweat suits and luxury car I might puke. DONT MOVE HERE PLEASE!!!! We don't like southern New Jersey transformations. It was a nice place to live here before it went Northern.
    mkh, mkh, scgunlover1 and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaShooter View Post
    Half of them live in my neighborhood already here in Ga. In other words the HOA meetings are no longer friendly. Nobody waves at stop signs anymore. They pass you on 35mph neighborhood streets because you aren't driving like an idiot fast enough. All the businesses here use them and their kids now so you're the one thanking them for giving them your money instead of getting nice friendly service. They hear your southern accent and look at you like you are a moron then they burn the engine up on their new lawn mower because they didn't realize they didn't already come with oil. We have neighors from NYC that also came from other countries with arrogance and lack of common sense I have never experienced yet they look down on the people that were born here. No let those jerks (vast majority) stay up there and reap their rewards. They have migrated here and paid WAY too much per square foot for these developer homes and driven prices up, crowded the towns and turned Conyers Ga, the quiet nice place, into a pure hell hole. If I see another bling bling huge watch and 200 dollar sweat suits and luxury car I might puke. DONT MOVE HERE PLEASE!!!! We don't like southern New Jersey transformations. It was a nice place to live here before it went Northern.
    BWAHAHAHAHA. I lived in Conyers back in 97-98 and it was a really nice place. I share your disgust with some of the snow bunnies. Only here, they bring their horses with them. That's a whoooooole different breed of New Yorker.

7 round mag limit in New York?? Bring it on.

deadguy likes this.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

What's sad is with current demand on backlog on magazines I doubt many manufactures will be able to produce enough 7 round magazines to resupply all now legal gun owners in New York.

I would not sell one magazine if I lived there, that's all I'll say. This will be challenged. At the very least a mag modification (pin) should be acceptable if there are no 7 round mags available.

Everyone take note. Many more tricks like this are likely to used by Obama with EO on a national level. He will leave us with our right to bear arms, but they will be useless ineffective pieces of plastic and steel without ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    7 round mag limit in New York?? Bring it on.

see, there is a reason the 1911 is better than a Glock.
    zonker1986 and Chief1297 like this.

I've met several vendors, and know many people that winter in Florida. They all say the same thing about the NYers that come to Florida, "Leave your stupid ideas there, you are here for a reason..."

Apparently the displaced NYers who wanted more freedom are trying to make Florida more like NY. An interesting thing that has been told to me for the last 5-6 years now.

At least Florida has term limits that they enforce for politicians. I wish Wisconsin had that. Instead, we get reject politicians in almost every job.

Man, you can't have a decent sized soft drink in New York, you can't have a gun with the designed number of rounds either. I wonder if an 8 round revolver is even legal once the law goes into effect.

The criminals can do as they please, but the law abiding citizens can't. How sad is that?
    CharlesMorri likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by SFury View Post
    I wonder if an 8 round revolver is even legal once the law goes into effect.
    only until the media and politicians start calling the cylinder a "clip".
    CharlesMorri likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by deadguy View Post
    see, there is a reason the 1911 is better than a Glock.
    No, just less threatening in the eyes of New York legislators.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Links