7 round mag limits in NY - Page 7

7 round mag limits in NY

This is a discussion on 7 round mag limits in NY within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I'll sell my G36 and PT709 to some New Yorkers so I can buy myself some more 19 round mags......

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree139Likes

Thread: 7 round mag limits in NY

I'll sell my G36 and PT709 to some New Yorkers so I can buy myself some more 19 round mags...
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ksholder View Post
    It is not ex post facto as they are not saying they will arrest you for having purchased the mags in the past. They will arrest you if you don't get rid of them by some future date. It is a stupid law, but not ex post facto.
    Agree, not ex post facto, but it smacks a tad of an illegal taking if NY isn't willing to buy them.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by globetruck View Post
    New York Assembly, Senate Passes Gun-Control Laws - WSJ.com

I hope the link works. Looks like NY will be a much safer place, now that Cuomo made it illegal to possess anything over 7 rounds.

I'm sorry to anyone who lives up there.
    My understanding is ... it also bans all guns which can hold a magazine over 7 rounds, so "if true" that would ban most handguns, against the very rulings, etc. of the Supreme Court in Heller and McDonald.
    I would expect a court challenge if they try to do that.

And, what about those 'traveling ' thru the state with guns that hold more than 7 rounds ?

Does this mean the gang-bangers are going to go turn in all of their Glocks. ??? They just made a lot of New Yorkers, criminals over night.

Wait for Judie Jeanine Peirro's response to this one.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GlassWolf View Post
    the only guns I know that have 7 or less rounds are sub-compacts and revolvers. People say "don't blame everyone in NY.. it's the politicians." I say it's the entire populace who voted these idiots into office.
    When you have a highly lopsided vote as this one was, it represent the view of the people, misguided though they might be.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

So the typical mag for the Ruger 10/22 is now illegal!

Has anyone seen the text of the bill? Does it exempt lawmakers? or Law Enforcement's personal weapons?
    "Gun Free Zones" is where only criminals carry guns.

Used AR-15s just went up another $500 after this law passes

Lots of people have been oppressed by their government/authority throughout human history. Looks like its our turn to know what they went through.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    Agree, not ex post facto, but it smacks a tad of an illegal taking if NY isn't willing to buy them.
    If it's run anything like the gun buybacks, you'd probably get a dollar a mag...

Senior Member Array GoBigOrange's Avatar
    The people of New York elected these scum bags. They have no one to blame but themselves.

Truth hurts. These same people have relocated south by the masses and are helping to ruin states than were once very conservative. North Carolina, Florida, and Virginia come to mind.

You all get exactly what you deserve.
    Richard58 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    Wait for Judie Jeanine Peirro's response to this one.
    Saturdays 9-10p EST, Judge Jeanine Pirro lets it rip on Fox, or online: here.

It will be interesting to see her show this next couple of weeks, as the SHTF on the anti-2A movement and the sell-out of elected hacks across the country. She's got an interesting handful of recent shows as well, here.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member Array BurgerBoy's Avatar
    Every one in NY should start carrying this: Henry Mare's Leg 45 Colt - YouTube
    Vietnam Veteran - 1966-1970 USASA
    Carry Pistol. Gen 3 Glock 23, .40 Cal.
    Carry Pistol. Gen 3 Glock 19, 9mm.
    Bersa Thunder 9 UC Pro, 9mm. Gave To Daughter To Carry.
    Give me a minute before I post again.

Quote Originally Posted by GoBigOrange View Post
    The people of New York elected these scum bags. They have no one to blame but themselves.

Truth hurts. These same people have relocated south by the masses and are helping to ruin states than were once very conservative. North Carolina, Florida, and Virginia come to mind.

You all get exactly what you deserve.
    Don't forget that over 40% of the state is controlled by a single city... one that routinely serves as a massive blue dot in an otherwise moderate-to-red state. There are many in central NY who didn't vote for these clowns who will pay the price for the actions of NYC...

VIP Member
    I have not read every post in this thread so forgive me if this has already been covered...

I heard earlier on "Real News", which is on TheBlaze network, that NY has added all semi-auto handguns to the "assault weapons" ban list. I have not been able to confirm this from any other source.

Can anyone confirm this?
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Quote Originally Posted by BurgerBoy View Post
    Every one in NY should start carrying this: Henry Mare's Leg 45 Colt - YouTube
    That is BAAAAAD!!
    BurgerBoy likes this.
    Living a life free from fear, means being able to protect it at all times.
    Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
    NRA

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rattlehead View Post
    If it's run anything like the gun buybacks, you'd probably get a dollar a mag...
    What about the guns that can't be used? Maybe you shelled out a bunch for an XD9m and suddenly that nice magazine is worthless, as too the gun? I probably don't know what I am talking about, but it sure seems sufficiently unfair that
    it could reasonably be construed as an unlawful taking.
    Andrew Jackson

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Links