2013 SHOT Show!

This is a discussion on 2013 SHOT Show! within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Kind of a bitter sweet time, but lets spare the doom and gloom for a bit. It's that time of year again, what are you ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: 2013 SHOT Show!

JD [OP]
    Administrator

2013 SHOT Show!

Kind of a bitter sweet time, but lets spare the doom and gloom for a bit.

It's that time of year again, what are you wanting to see this year from the market?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array deadguy's Avatar
    more 1911s. What else is there? :)
    WINTEJER000 likes this.

A readily available, civilian model, light weight 9mm/.40 sub gun that takes Glock mags. I've got everything else I want. Oh, and like every year... A single stack Glock 9mm. But that seems kind of like that wish that gets wished for every year ... kind of like world peace.
    Doghandler and ctr like this.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

JD [OP]
    Administrator

Re: 2013 SHOT Show!

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    A readily available, civilian model, light weight 9mm/.40 sub gun that takes Glock mags. I've got everything else I want. Oh, and like every year... A single stack Glock 9mm. But that seems kind of like that wish that gets wished for every year ... kind of like world peace.
    Yeah, I don't get Glock...we've been pining for the same things from them year aftger year and what do we get??? Another Glock 30 variant that no one really cares about. Wow Guys you took a preexisting slide from gun B and mated to a frame from gun A, way to innovate....NOT!

Sent via Tapatalk 2, and still using real words.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    ...Wow Guys you took a preexisting slide from gun B and mated to a frame from gun A, way to innovate....NOT!
    Sent via Tapatalk 2, and still using real words.
    Yup. Glock owners have been making their own G30S for years now, and it takes all of about 3 seconds to put together. What's for next year? A 10mm barrel for the G30 perhaps?

Ya know, I think I'm over hankering for wiz-bang innovation. The carry options on the market now seem sufficient for me. I see lever-actions, 1911's, single sixes and pumps in my future. If it's not banned, an AR-10 will enter the stable. In other words, I guess I'd just be thrilled to keep what we have.
    deadguy and kerberos like this.

Distinguished Member Array deadguy's Avatar
    since i've gotten my fix on 1911s, I may be in the lever action market myself.

VIP Member
    JD you and Lima have excellent tastes in your choices of firearms, I think we'd be happy with anything you find that is of interest to DC members.
    "Don't start none, won't be none!"

Administrator

It's that time of year again, what are you wanting to see this year from the market?
    plain jane AR's, and cheap 5.56 ammo
    WonderBra and GeorgiaDawg like this.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Senior Moderator
    A bolt action .308 that will accept a FN-FAL mag. And for S&W to rerelease the M65 again
    OD* likes this.
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

No idea. Saw the XDs-9 and it seemed like it was overdue. Springfield more innovative than Glock, as others have mentioned. Didn't look like the slide stayed open after last round though. I would consider it as a carry option if it ever is allowed here. May be some competition to the shield.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Ruger LCR that takes 9mm ammo. Preferably without needing moon clips, so it can still be reloaded from a speed strip. In addition to 9mm being cheaper than .38, the cylinder could be shorter, making the whole revolver smaller.
    JD and Doghandler like this.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

JD [OP]
    Administrator
    From the 2011 Shot Show Thread:

I still want to see a reasonably priced single action Sig 226, A Glock pistol caliber carbine. Maybe a Benelli MR1 in 7.62x39. More offerings from Colt with the black cerakote that the rail gun is offered in. A Special Combat / Special Combat Carry with it would be nice. I'd like to see Dan Wesson offer the Commander Classic Bobtail again, the VBOB is nice and all, but it was nice to have a lower cost offering.

Of course the single stack Glock is on everyone's list.

Sig just released a 226 Elite SAO, might not be reasonable priced, but better priced than the X5.

https://www.sigsauer.com/CatalogProd...elite-sao.aspx

Do want.

Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    Ruger LCR that takes 9mm ammo. Preferably without needing moon clips, so it can still be reloaded from a speed strip. In addition to 9mm being cheaper than .38, the cylinder could be shorter, making the whole revolver smaller.
    I was told that you can reload quicker with moon clips than with a speed loader. I just ordered a Taurus 405. (5 shot revolver that shoots .40 S&W with moon clips). an interesting thing about the .40 S&W is that in a short barrel, (3") it has more muzzle energy than a 357 mag from the same manufacturer. BBTI - Ballistics by the Inch :: Home

I would like to see Beretta come out with the .40S&W nano. I read that the 9mm Nano was originally designed for .40, so what is the problem?
    A Glock single stack in .40S&W and 9mm would be good as well. How about an xds in .40S&W?
    I am tempted to go with a Shield in .40, but I read they have a problem with spitting out the magazines

Quote Originally Posted by DannyB1954 View Post
    I was told that you can reload quicker with moon clips than with a speed loader. I just ordered a Taurus 405. (5 shot revolver that shoots .40 S&W with moon clips). an interesting thing about the .40 S&W is that in a short barrel, (3") it has more muzzle energy than a 357 mag from the same manufacturer. BBTI - Ballistics by the Inch :: Home
    True, but it is harder to carry a speed loader or moon clips than a speed strip. Plus, with the moon clips, you have to use them. It'd be nice to have a system like Charter Arms has been working on to take rimless ammo in a revolver without the need for moon clips. IMHO, anyway.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links