Vendors and retailers-- GUILTY UNTIL PROVEN INNOCENT???

This is a discussion on Vendors and retailers-- GUILTY UNTIL PROVEN INNOCENT??? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; My LGS owner just returned from a distributors show this week. He met with reps from most major manufacturers. This is what he related to ...

Thread: Vendors and retailers-- GUILTY UNTIL PROVEN INNOCENT???

Distinguished Member Array airslot's Avatar

Question Vendors and retailers-- GUILTY UNTIL PROVEN INNOCENT???

My LGS owner just returned from a distributors show this week. He met with reps from most major manufacturers. This is what he related to me.

Federal- no civilian 223 until April

Armalite, Daniel Defense, Bushmaster- entire 2013 production capability has been sold

Colt- running at " War time production output " 15000 units per month " order what you want, expect to see 5-7% of that arrive"

Troy- has an outlet for their products ( as yet unnamed )

We've already heard of 1M PMAGs on backorder

The distributors warehouse was EMPTY !!! They wrote orders totaling 1.5B . Keep in mind, writing and being able to deliver are not the same.

This was just one distributor and SHOT SHOW isn't until next week. It's going to get worse before it gets better.

" WE HAVE SEEN THE ENEMY, AND IT IS US"

It's time to TAKE A DEEP BREATH, UNTWIST OUR KNICKERS, PULL ON THE BIG BOY BRITCHES and FOCUS ON THE REAL PROBLEM. IE: THE FECES SPEWING FROM THAT TOILET ON THE HILL-- WASHINGTON.

For more insight, see my sig line.
    I moved my post from the WalMart not selling Ammo thread.

I realize the frustration of walking into a local retailer and not being able to find what you're looking for. IT SUCKS. But, condemning the retailers and threatening boycotts is really counterproductive.

The gun industry has been absolutely overwhelmed buy the market demand. Manufacturers are running at maximum output trying to catch up, not for cover. The retailers are scrambling to find product to stock their shelves in an effort to supply our demands.

So, until there is irrefutable PROOF that they have capitulated to Govt pressure, lets CUT THEM SOME SLACK.
    The situation will NEVER BE THE WAY YOU WANT, it WILL BE THE WAY IT IS. You must be FLEXIBLE ENOUGH TO ADAPT and just "DEAL WITH IT".

2. Remove Ads

I actually thought this exact same thing when I woke up this morning. Walmart probably didn't cut off ammo sales because they are waiting for laws to pass they probably cut off ammo sales because they knew there was no way their suppliers could keep up with demand or because their vendors were pushing back on them about volume of orders. Everyone is getting slammed by this "ammo shortage" and we are the cause of it all.
    Last edited by Harvester; January 15th, 2013 at 09:39 AM. Reason: Because I can!!
    Molon Labe

Links