Will Remington and Colt move?

This is a discussion on Will Remington and Colt move? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Now that the NY ban is likely to pass, what are the chances that Remington and Colt will actually move? I'm considering writing them and ...

Like Tree8Likes
  • 2 Post By tet4
  • 1 Post By ErnieNWillis
  • 4 Post By dukalmighty
  • 1 Post By WHEC724

Thread: Will Remington and Colt move?

Now that the NY ban is likely to pass, what are the chances that Remington and Colt will actually move? I'm considering writing them and letting them know that I would consider buying from them if they were to ever move out of NY.
    atctimmy and bakes like this.

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Colt is already opening a commercial arms manufacturing building in FL.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Where will the go, Ny is just first to step up it coming nation wide 10Am tomorrow one way or another .

Kimber is in NY state as well. Hope they move south. :)
    " But if you are authorized to carry a weapon, and you walk outside without it, just take a deep breath, and say this to yourself... Baa." Col. Dave Grossman on Sheep and Sheepdogs.

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar
    I work in manufacturing and would love for them to come down to Texas. This state is very business friendly!
    dukalmighty likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Black Knight's Avatar
    Virginia is very gun friendly. I would like to see one of them move here especially Remington. Imagine Remingtons made in Remington, VA.

There is always the chance that other states will see a company moving (taking jobs) as a good reason to not follow in New York's footsteps. I know...wishful thinking.

I'd love to see Colt move here and crank out the LE6920 for all residents and since it's in state sales tell the Feds to shove it,maybe even tell them that little automatic weapons ban shouldn't apply to firearms produced in this republic so everybody starts sporting brand new select fire weapons for the New Texas Militia that any adult resident can join with a signature and a handshakethen see the feds crap themselves
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array Exacto's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    Where will the go, Ny is just first to step up it coming nation wide 10Am tomorrow one way or another .
    How about Texas,or Wyoming
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunder bolt...... Sun Tzu.

The supreme art of war is to defeat the enemy without fighting........ Sun Tzu.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    I'd love to see Colt move here and crank out the LE6920 for all residents and since it's in state sales tell the Feds to shove it,maybe even tell them that little automatic weapons ban shouldn't apply to firearms produced in this republic so everybody starts sporting brand new select fire weapons for the New Texas Militia that any adult resident can join with a signature and a handshakethen see the feds crap themselves
    If that happens, we'll be neighbors. I think Texans and Rednecks are like second-cousins anyways?
    ErnieNWillis likes this.

I would help them find land here in SUNNY ARIZONA!!!!
    NEVER point a gun at something you are not prepared to destroy!
    AND for GODS sake, get your finger off the trigger until you are ready to squeeze the trigger!

They are welcome in TN. They would be in good company! We got Barrett!

They would most certainly be welcomed in West Virginia. We can do without many necessities of life but we can’t do without our guns.

I wish they would move East into our state, but Vermont isn't business friendly anymore. Also, it pains me whenever I see "Ilion, NY" scrawled on the side of my pistol. But hey, it is a 1911, which is effectively the only full size autopistol you can own in NY now.

Quote Originally Posted by myrkr View Post
    I wish they would move East into our state, but Vermont isn't business friendly anymore. Also, it pains me whenever I see "Ilion, NY" scrawled on the side of my pistol. But hey, it is a 1911, which is effectively the only full size autopistol you can own in NY now.
    Not their "Expanded" model as it holds 8 rounds. I would almost think that Rem will have to move. Bushmaster, Remington AR rifles and now the aforementioned 1911 are all illegal,,,,,,,Why would they stay???? Colt is kind of in the same boat with their AR's and FS 1911's........

Sponsored Links