The NRA Scores Another Public Relations Coup - Page 2

The NRA Scores Another Public Relations Coup

This is a discussion on The NRA Scores Another Public Relations Coup within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; You guys do realize that this was in the pipeline long before the Sandy shooting. It takes months to get an app released to the ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: The NRA Scores Another Public Relations Coup

You guys do realize that this was in the pipeline long before the Sandy shooting. It takes months to get an app released to the app store.

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    Have we given in totally to the gun banners point of view? There is nothing wrong with that app. How much time has to pass before it is OK for us to start talk about or particiapte in shooting sports. Sandy Hook was tragic but all life did not end. We need to start standing up for our side!

I don't play games and I just downloaded it. Whether I agree on this or not I back up the NRA. Downloads will be a statistic people look at.
    phreddy likes this.

Thanks, NRA, for making the gap between "gun owners" and "gun nuts" a little smaller.

Quote Originally Posted by kb2wji View Post
    Thanks, NRA, for making the gap between "gun owners" and "gun nuts" a little smaller.
    With thinking like this ^^^
    we should just give up and let them take our guns.

If it werent for all thats going on Id only be mad that its not available on android systems. But just poor timing. I thoughtat first they might have done it to try and show that semi auto rifles had sporting purposes, but that doesnt work on people who think they already know better and are convinced of it

Quote Originally Posted by phreddy View Post
    With thinking like this ^^^
    we should just give up and let them take our guns.
    Well hes right. At least in that the other side of the argument cant make the distinction. Gun control groups on FB are already using it....saying that the game has targets "shaped like child coffins"

THE NRA is full of "inside the beltway" types who have no private market experience in marketing/brand development or technology, let alone social media. They are no different than the other inside the beltway types who tried to get the Stop Online Privacy Act (SOPA) through Congress and had their asses handed to them by Google/Facebook/Amazon and others who quickly ginned up the social media support to get 5 million names on a petition against SOPA in less than three weeks. While the NRA certainly needs skilled lobbyists, I think it has greater need for smart marketers and lawyers.

Then where's the outrage over the "shoot the NRA's president" video game.

Don't play the anti's game! Give it back to them!
    cmdrdredd likes this.

VIP Member
    First off, the targets in the app aren't shaped like coffins...feel free to show me one coffin that is shaped exactly like the target.

Second, this is a teaching app that is designed to educate the user through the use of a virtual environment which mimics actual real life environments and normal peaceful activities which are performed daily by numerous law abiding citizens. It is not a video game which depicts violence.

Third, anyone who thinks there is a wrong time to release new educational material to the public seriously needs to decide if you support the release of educational material when it becomes available or if you support the withholding of educational material from the general public.
    cmdrdredd and phreddy like this.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

VIP Member
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

This was not developed by the NRA, this is not totally endorced by the NRA, the NRA only allowed the usage of their name. Apple decides the rating, Apple decided the release, and Apple alone approves the app for release.
    atctimmy likes this.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links