Predictions On Govt. Gun Grab

This is a discussion on Predictions On Govt. Gun Grab within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Smitty901 Well Step 1 was passed today in NY. Obama will announce step 2 at 10 am tomorrow. Do not judge this ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 42
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Predictions On Govt. Gun Grab

  1. #16
    VIP Member
    Array OldVet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Posts
    15,980
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    Well Step 1 was passed today in NY.
    Obama will announce step 2 at 10 am tomorrow.
    Do not judge this nation by the actions of NY, or IL either.
    Eagleks and airslot like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

  2. Remove Ads

  3. #17
    VIP Member Array sixgun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    indiana usa
    Posts
    2,563
    Quote Originally Posted by ErnieNWillis View Post
    I have been writing emails and making phone calls. Unfortunately I'm in no position to make financial contributions other than my NRA annual membership dues. I meant most gun owners as a whole. I think there are fewer folks raising cane than there should be. I see that my state has made a bold statement to arrest any Fed trying to enforce unconstitutional EO's here. Sure hope they mean it.
    Same here.

  4. #18
    VIP Member Array BigJon10125's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3,070
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Do not judge this nation by the actions of NY, or IL either.
    Don't forget this whack state I live in. Liberal hypocracy at its finest, fight for equality and freedom but only on the stuff that applies to them. Praying I am far enough east that I have ocean front property in the new AZ after the big one.

    Tomorrow is going to be a very interesting day.
    BigJon


    "Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

  5. #19
    VIP Member
    Array TX expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    3,669
    Quote Originally Posted by ErnieNWillis View Post
    I have been writing emails and making phone calls. Unfortunately I'm in no position to make financial contributions other than my NRA annual membership dues. I meant most gun owners as a whole. I think there are fewer folks raising cane than there should be. I see that my state has made a bold statement to arrest any Fed trying to enforce unconstitutional EO's here. Sure hope they mean it.
    I understand your point but I think it's unfair to make any sort of blanket statement about "us" or "we" letting it happen. Could there be more vocal opposition? Sure. Heck there's plenty of gun owners that could care less what the federal government does as long as it doesn't effect their bird gun. We have 'em on here... Sadly, they don't realize the dangers of letting the government get any more of a noose around the Second Amendment than they already do have. We can't count on them because they're blinded by shortsightedness and the only thing that wil change their mind is the knock on the door; which, of course, it'll be too late to do anything about by then, but that's what it'll take.
    bigmacque likes this.
    NRA Life Member

    "I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

  6. #20
    Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Willis, TX
    Posts
    1,227
    Quote Originally Posted by TX expat View Post
    I understand your point but I think it's unfair to make any sort of blanket statement about "us" or "we" letting it happen. Could there be more vocal opposition? Sure. Heck there's plenty of gun owners that could care less what the federal government does as long as it doesn't effect their bird gun. We have 'em on here... Sadly, they don't realize the dangers of letting the government get any more of a noose around the Second Amendment than they already do have. We can't count on them because they're blinded by shortsightedness and the only thing that wil change their mind is the knock on the door; which, of course, it'll be too late to do anything about by then, but that's what it'll take.
    Agreed.
    TX expat likes this.

  7. #21
    Senior Moderator
    Array HotGuns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    14,848
    I think that everyone here is way off on the predictions.


    And y'all worry too much.

    First of all, the President can say whatever he wants, he cant force you to do anything.

    Secondly, anything that he does that is contrary to the Constitution is null and void.

    If he does goe stupid, and Congress lets him get away with it, then it would be within the right of every citizen to refuse to participate.



    It's not hard.

    If he through some BS executive order "requires" registration...dont do it.
    If he wants to confiscate weapons, dont comply.
    If he wants to do anything at all that is illegal...dont participate.

    In the mean time, quit wringing your hands and wasting energy on what he may or not do.

    Expect the worst, he is an egocentric tryrant that wants to kill the U.S. as we know it from within.
    If you look at if from that angle, then every thing that he does makes perfect sense.
    Tyrants dont want you to have guns...its plain and simple.

    In the meantime, dont expect and Congressmen or Senator to listen to your calls or emails or letters, because they know what is better for you than you do, you dont have the "big picture" that they do and what you say or think dosent matter and the ones that do care are in the minority and probably dont have much say in anything anyway.

    One only has to read some of the replies that have been posted on this board by some of their elected "representatives" to see what is going on here.

    If you want to be smart about it, buy guns,ammo and above all...buy lots of food.When push comes to shove and people all over this country are being slaughtered like cattle, FOOD is what you are going to be controlled with.
    It's coming and whether it be tommorow, a year from now or a decade from now, when it gets here it'll be here and time will seem irrevelant.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.


    AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

  8. #22
    VIP Member
    Array ppkheat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    4,078
    Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    I think that everyone here is way off on the predictions.


    And y'all worry too much.

    First of all, the President can say whatever he wants, he cant force you to do anything.

    Secondly, anything that he does that is contrary to the Constitution is null and void.

    If he does goe stupid, and Congress lets him get away with it, then it would be within the right of every citizen to refuse to participate.



    It's not hard.

    If he through some BS executive order "requires" registration...dont do it.
    If he wants to confiscate weapons, dont comply.
    If he wants to do anything at all that is illegal...dont participate.

    In the mean time, quit wringing your hands and wasting energy on what he may or not do.

    Expect the worst, he is an egocentric tryrant that wants to kill the U.S. as we know it from within.
    If you look at if from that angle, then every thing that he does makes perfect sense.
    Tyrants dont want you to have guns...its plain and simple.

    In the meantime, dont expect and Congressmen or Senator to listen to your calls or emails or letters, because they know what is better for you than you do, you dont have the "big picture" that they do and what you say or think dosent matter and the ones that do care are in the minority and probably dont have much say in anything anyway.One only has to read some of the replies that have been posted on this board by some of their elected "representatives" to see what is going on here.

    If you want to be smart about it, buy guns,ammo and above all...buy lots of food.When push comes to shove and people all over this country are being slaughtered like cattle, FOOD is what you are going to be controlled with.
    It's coming and whether it be tommorow, a year from now or a decade from now, when it gets here it'll be here and time will seem irrevelant.
    I agree with everything you stated other than the bold part. A few years back I worked hard on a very controversial matter on both the state and national level. I learned a lot about the process, legislators and lobbyist and of course none of it is a sure-fired thing. I do know that most every legislator did focus closely on contributors (aka money) and contacts with the public (aka voters).

    I've been suggesting, as many times as I can write it, to join a pro-gun organization, write/call your legislators, and encourage your family/friends to do the same. Since I'm not a legislator that's the three viable things I can do right now, and I'm certainly not going to quit doing it and not going to sit around here and do nothing.

    I say call your legistors, there is not many attention-getters as strong as their email boxes full and the phone ringing off the wall.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

  9. #23
    Distinguished Member Array OhioCatter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Northern Ohio
    Posts
    1,291
    This is the first step towards total gun ban. Obama knows he cannot take over as ultimate ruler as long as the law biding citizens are armed.

  10. #24
    VIP Member Array Thunder71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Minnesota, USA
    Posts
    2,515
    Has he already won? Shelves are virtually empty, retailers are pulling back on orders, etc... we can't buy what's not available.

  11. #25
    VIP Member Array Ghost1958's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    5,721
    They put way to much faith in being able to track guns thru FFL etc. Its legal and has been for years in many many states to buy sale trade privately end of story. Id dare say there are more firearms of any type there is no paper trail to who actually has them than there is a paper trail.
    I dont own any firearm I bought new. Few I know do. Trading buying etc required no records on private transactions and a lot of gun owners saw this coming years ago. I cant be requred to remember who I traded guns with 1o years ago.
    Cali Ill and NY are not the entire US. Actually a small minority of it where most of the liberal elites reside.

    Even the iron fist of the USSR was broken not so long ago. The U.S. Government has never and will never have that sort of grip on the majority of its citizens. Several states are preparing open opposition to this idiocy by a few goof balls in power and more climbing on the wagon as we speak. This can only go so far and then it will be stopped one way or another. History, other countries and our own has proven that time after time. History may well repeat itself if the would be Kings and Queens cannot learn their lessons from it.

  12. #26
    VIP Member Array ccw9mm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    26,158
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder71 View Post
    Has he already won? Shelves are virtually empty, retailers are pulling back on orders, etc... we can't buy what's not available.
    Nope, not hardly. It's simply panic buying. His unjustifiable threats are simply fueling the market to respond.

    Now, if we all knuckle under and take it lying down, that'll be something else entirely. And there are still FTF purchases as an option, at least in states where that's lawful by state statute. IMO, one only needs a store where the store's the only source or where a hands-on evaluation of various alternatives is absolutely required. Easy to circumvent if you know what you need.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

  13. #27
    Member Array CarlInNY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    Well Step 1 was passed today in NY.
    Obama will announce step 2 at 10 am tomorrow.
    If our NY law passed today is an indication of what's coming on the federal level tomorrow, and it probably is, then it'll be simply stupid. Our NY law does very little if anything to prevent gun violence and only restricts the rights of lawful gun owners.

    The silliest part of our new law is limiting magazines to 7 rounds, down from the current 10, which was also silly to begin with. Our new law says if you have a 10 round magazine you can keep it just not put more than 7 rounds in it! I can see Mr. Madman in his basement preparing to go on a shooting spree loading his magazine and when he gets to #7 saying, "I'd better stop here or I'll be illegal."
    ppkheat likes this.

  14. #28
    Senior Member Array TonyDTrigger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Orlando, Florida
    Posts
    856
    Is it correct that executive orders don't have to be followed by states that enact legislation against it. Please correct me if I am wrong.

    Wyoming Lawmakers Propose ?Gun Protection? Legislation To Thwart Obama Pat Dollard

  15. #29
    VIP Member
    Array TX expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    3,669
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyDTrigger View Post
    Is it correct that executive orders don't have to be followed by states that enact legislation against it. Please correct me if I am wrong.

    Wyoming Lawmakers Propose ?Gun Protection? Legislation To Thwart Obama Pat Dollard
    Tell that to Arizona, Texas and every other state that tries to deal with illegal immigration.
    zacii likes this.
    NRA Life Member

    "I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

  16. #30
    Member Array vaneasten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    OK
    Posts
    26
    I think Obama shows up in front of his adoring press corpse tomorrow, surrounded by school kids to help illustrate his unerring righteousness, then proceeds to rattle off the full anti-gunner wish list of the last 40 years, read ever so eloquently from his TelePrompTer, soon to be followed by the first major political defeat of his career.
    But that's me being optimistic.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

grab a gun
,
grab a gun location
,

gun annoucnment 1/16/13

,

gun grab info

,
gun grab predictuins
,
gun predictions
,

obama gun ban 1/16/13

,
obama press conferance1/16/13
,

obama press conference 1/16/13

,
powered by mybb market prediction tomorrow
,
presidential conference 1/16/13
,
the gun grab
Click on a term to search for related topics.