Predictions On Govt. Gun Grab

This is a discussion on Predictions On Govt. Gun Grab within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I know the Pres. is scheduled to introduce his plans to "reduce gun violence" in our country in a press conference tomorrow, 1-16-13. Lots of ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Predictions On Govt. Gun Grab

Predictions On Govt. Gun Grab

I know the Pres. is scheduled to introduce his plans to "reduce gun violence" in our country in a press conference tomorrow, 1-16-13.
    Lots of people are "guessing" what the details will be. I've heard everything from bans on large capacity magazines to an outright ban on semi-auto firearms.

Well... I don't think the ban on semi-autos can be done, (yet), although that is the left's "wet dream."
    But I do believe what will happen will be "Pushing the proverbial Camel's Nose further Into The Tent."

Some innocuous sounding measures will be offered and later on we will find out exactly what those innocent sounding words REALLY mean.
    Whatever it is that comes out of this Will NOT be good for 2nd Amendment Loving Americans and America in general.

We will lose more ground in the "Freedom/Liberty" department and take another GIANT step closer to Outright Tyranny.

Anything they do Will NOT make America safer. It will NOT prevent the next Head Case from doing his dastardly deed.
    It will only serve to disarm good Americans and make it even Harder to prevent such tragedies.

I predict:
    1. There will be severe restrictions on Gun Shows and individuals selling or trading firearms. (mandatory background checks or else face "Felony" charges.)
    2. There will be an attempt to reduce the capacity of magazines sold from this date forward.
    3. There will be an attempt to hold "Firearm" manufacturers either civilly or even criminally liable when a crime is committed using one of their weapons.
    4. There will be an attempt to severely curtail "States Rights" as to gun laws.

Maybe I'm wrong and Wisdom will come forth... But it ain't happened yet under this president's watch.
    darbo likes this.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    You have 4 items yet I heard Biden say they had 19 EOs. I think is will be far worse than we can even imagine. I would like to see him cross the line so far that it gets him impeached and the EOs put on hold, but that is my "wet dream"

My question is will 1-16-13 be a date that lives in infamy?

Quote Originally Posted by MrBuckwheat View Post
    My question is will 1-16-13 be a date that lives in infamy?
    The "shot" heard 'round the world, perchance? Might well be, 2A-wise.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

NMB
    They wont need to grab guns.

They will enact registration, eventually most owners will do so for fear of becoming criminals. Next will come the order to turn in your weapons or face charges.

Those who do not, will have a warrant placed on them and will eventually be picked up for a speeding ticket, J-walking, etc.

They dont need to come to your house to grab your guns, you will be arrested eventually.
    tacman605 likes this.
    NRA Member
    Certified Kitchen Gunsmith

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive."
    - C.S. Lewis

Distinguished Member Array Bill MO's Avatar
    I see one of the 19 EOs being on mental health, through add on to O's health care bill, to the point no one will pass muster to have or buy a water gun let alone one that shoots real bullets. Everyone will be be looked at as a criminal, you will be and are guilty till you prove your not and that will not not be allowed to happen.
    It's gotta be who you are, not a hobby. reinman45

"Is this persons bad behavior worth me having to kill them over?" Guantes

He cannot institute law with EOs, but he can make our aquisition of weapons harder.

Quote Originally Posted by oFant0mo View Post
    He cannot institute law with EOs, but he can make our aquisition of weapons harder.
    Sounds like law to me, if it's got "teeth" and results in legal criminal action against a person.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Well Step 1 was passed today in NY.
    Obama will announce step 2 at 10 am tomorrow.

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    As long as our spineless elected officials let him get away with EO's, he will.

The truth is we are no longer a Republic ruled by representation. The pigs that feed at the public trough exist in DC simply to foster and prolong their feeding, not to truly represent the will of the people.

You can't tell me that the overwhelming majority of Americans want 2A restrictions put in place to the point of making that Amendment unrecognizable. Our goose is cooked, our sheep electorate has handed over our freedom, our sovereignty, and our ability to fight.
    RichB70 likes this.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar
    And yet we do nothing to stop it..............

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ErnieNWillis View Post
    And yet we do nothing to stop it..............
    Speaking for yourself, I assume? Most of us are writing letters and emails, making phone calls, educating, donating, etc. Right now, there isn't anything else really to do. Whatever he does, it'll probably be challenged in courts on the state and federal level. Not sure what else you think anyone should do right now, but if it's a legal option, please feel free to suggest it.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TX expat View Post
    Speaking for yourself, I assume? Most of us are writing letters and emails, making phone calls, educating, donating, etc. Right now, there isn't anything else really to do. Whatever he does, it'll probably be challenged in courts on the state and federal level. Not sure what else you think anyone should do right now, but if it's a legal option, please feel free to suggest it.

I have been writing emails and making phone calls. Unfortunately I'm in no position to make financial contributions other than my NRA annual membership dues. I meant most gun owners as a whole. I think there are fewer folks raising cane than there should be. I see that my state has made a bold statement to arrest any Fed trying to enforce unconstitutional EO's here. Sure hope they mean it.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmacque View Post
    As long as our spineless elected officials let him get away with EO's, he will.

The truth is we are no longer a Republic ruled by representation. The pigs that feed at the public trough exist in DC simply to foster and prolong their feeding, not to truly represent the will of the people.

You can't tell me that the overwhelming majority of Americans want 2A restrictions put in place to the point of making that Amendment unrecognizable. Our goose is cooked, our sheep electorate has handed over our freedom, our sovereignty, and our ability to fight.
    In a way, I have to disagree. I think there are a lot of 'pro-2A' legislators that won't vote for anything, and it looks like maybe even a few within the Libs party find these suggestions over the top. His EOs are a different matter and I do expect him to overstep his authority with them, but hey, I've been saying that all along and I've been told how it can't happen and how I don't know what I'm taking about...

I do believe that he may actually get taken to the mat if he goes too far and there's not really anything that anyone can to to stop him from trying; the public and the lawyers can only try to hold him accountable for what he has actually done. Not that the last four years are a great example of anything, since he's gotten away with a number of questionable things.

And finally I'll say this. There's a lot of Repubs that are hoping he'll do exactly the sort of thing he is doing. Those folks do remember recent history and the wholesale slaughter of libs in Congress after Hillary's husband signed the last AWB is not lost on them.
    NRA Life Member

Am I wrong, or can any registration requirement be met with the " I sold them to someone who's since moved away" defense?
    I own 4 handguns, live in Florida with a CC permit. My question to anyone is.. Who "officially" knows of my guns? The dealer keeps his records, but what state or Fed agency do you believe has this info?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Smarshe View Post
    Am I wrong, or can any registration requirement be met with the " I sold them to someone who's since moved away" defense?
    I own 4 handguns, live in Florida with a CC permit. My question to anyone is.. Who "officially" knows of my guns? The dealer keeps his records, but what state or Fed agency do you believe has this info?
    I think you'd have to wait and see how deep the rabbit hole goes. You might be able to get away with something like that but if there's a federal offense tacked onto it and they step on the rest of the BoR and are allowed to run serials anytime they see a weapon, you wouldn't be able to take it out of the safe without risking losing everything on a felony weapons charge.

I'm sure the BATF knows who's purchased what type of firearm, even though they aren't supposed to keep those records, and they will just come and get the paper trail from all the FFLs to find out exactly what sort of long gun or handgun you've purchased.
    bigmacque likes this.
    NRA Life Member

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links