Walther PPQ owners: ENTER!

This is a discussion on Walther PPQ owners: ENTER! within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; The new PPQ M2, which will be "Americanized" with a new mag release button, and will also be offered in a 5" barrel version, I'm ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Walther PPQ owners: ENTER!

Distinguished Member Array GlassWolf's Avatar
    The new PPQ M2, which will be "Americanized" with a new mag release button, and will also be offered in a 5" barrel version, I'm told.

PPQ M2 | Walther ArmsWalther Arms
    I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

2. Remove Ads

i just want either ppq NOW! hah

Ppq is gone everywhere. I can get a p99. Seems similar, thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by AdBro View Post
    Ppq is gone everywhere. I can get a p99. Seems similar, thoughts?
    P99s are good guns, but if you desperately want a ppq, the things that make them different are pretty significant differences. Particularly the trigger and the sights which are designed for quick aiming more so than precision. Just wait out the new ones, and jump on it when it comes out. I think its a superior gun, and around 50 dollars cheaper

Also, it's a true single action striker fired gun. Im not even sure if theres any other gun like that

The trigger seems similar to the ppq after the first shot mi also like how it has a decocker. I do like the grip on the ppq a lot tho but the won't be getting ppqs in soon and have no idea when the m2 is coming.

The trigger seems similar to the ppq after the first shot mi also like how it has a decocker. I do like the grip on the ppq a lot tho but the won't be getting ppqs in soon and have no idea when the m2 is coming.
    If you like it,you like it, and I'm sure you'll be happy with it. But dont get it just because the ppq isnt in. You'll have a nice new gun either way, But if I owned a p99 and then shot a ppq Id regret it, personally. And of course I'm speaking as someone who has a new gun and loves it and is happy for the moment, but I get the feeling of just wanting something new

6500 rounds through the one I have it has been shot by my son and wife many hundreds of rounds. Not one again not one FTF or Failure of any kind. Great accurate reliable weapon the ammo has been 115 Blaser brass RN and some Speer 115 grain HP.

GREAT GUN!

are the magazines the same for both the P99 and PPQ?
    Mjr_Fail likes this.

Very timely thread indeed. My oldest son has been wanting to buy a PPQ. Since i haven't shot one, I looked around today and found a used one at Gander Mtn. I'm a Springfield guy, so I wasn't initally too keen on the euro style mag release. After thinking about it more, I can see the utility of it. Looked like a nice gun otherwise.
    "Safety is something that happens between your ears, not something you hold in your hands. " Col. Jeff Cooper

Proud member NRA, VCDL, USPSA, IDPA & DADD ( if you have daughters, you understand )

are the magazines the same for both the P99 and PPQ?
    The current production P99 mags are the same as the PPQ. I have some PPQ mags I use for my P99. I think I want to find a non M2 PPQ. I love the mag release on the P99.
    .XX likes this.
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." --Benjamin Franklin

"Ignorance can be treated with education, sadly there is no cure for stupidity."

I recently added a PPS as a EDC and a PPQ both in .40. The Q seems like the grip, etc was molded for my hand. Amazingly comfortable to grab...with either hand. Mag release is no big deal. My other guns are a G27 and G23. I like the Q release. Plastic rod does not concern me although I did order DPM recoil reduction rods for both S & Q from Uniquetek.com. Rods are made in Greece. I found a number of recommendations. Rods are metal and have a double spring...one small one around a small rod that fits inside another rod with a spring. Seriousl thinking of getting another Q.

The mag release is in a really awkward place. Is this hard to get used to?
    On the contrary, it enables very fast and smooth mag changes. Use your trigger finger.

-john

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck R. View Post
    The mag release is flat out awesome once you get used to it. Iím actually pissed that the PPQ is being discontinued in favor of the M2 with the button as the paddle release is one of my favorite features. Itís one of the only mag releases that I donít have to adjust my grip even slightly to use.
    Yup, mistake IMO. At least HK is keeping the faith.

-john

Quote Originally Posted by Mjr_Fail View Post
    The current production P99 mags are the same as the PPQ.
    Mjr_Fail is correct, but note the Magnum Research model# MAGFA915 is the same mag with a slightly different finish and can probably be had less expensively and you don't have to worry about getting an old style P99 mag.

-john

http://www.cmcgov.com/store/pc/Magnu...e-377p8374.htm
    http://www.magnumresearch.com/MR-Eag...-15-Rounds.asp

Re: Walther PPQ owners: ENTER!

I'm not a Tupperware fan for aesthetic reasons, but I own, carry, and compete with one because that are good shooters.
    I consider the nag release to be the best feature, and it is a shame that they are dropping it. I use my index finger, BTW.

The trigger reset is short and unmistakable. The sites are cheap, though.

I replaced the sites with Dawson Precision, and am very pleased.

Mags are expensive.

I had concerns over the guide rod, but they have proven to be unfounded. Zero issues after 3000 + rounds.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    GGs
    BGs

ĒGun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.Ē

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links