BOA - CS Rep Confirms Can't Use Card for Guns or Ammo

This is a discussion on BOA - CS Rep Confirms Can't Use Card for Guns or Ammo within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Get a card with better rewards Plenty of them out there!...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: BOA - CS Rep Confirms Can't Use Card for Guns or Ammo

VIP Member

BOA - CS Rep Confirms Can't Use Card for Guns or Ammo

Get a card with better rewards
    Plenty of them out there!
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Exacto View Post
    Cut em up people, there are alot of other banks.
    I like your plan. Can I cut up my mortgage?
    91wm6 likes this.

It's BS.. They would be in violation of there Merchant Agreements with Visa and Mastercard if they were to try to limit, or deny any places of business that you could use your card.
    Last edited by Bhamrichard; January 15th, 2013 at 09:13 PM. Reason: spelling nazi's :)
    gottabkiddin and cmdrdredd like this.
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal...

Alabama Constitution of 1901 - That every citizen has a right to bear arms in defense of himself and the state.

I wish people would verify these things before posting them. No link cited, and of course anyone can make a video these days, so count me as a disbeliever.

What pains me is that this type of stuff is circulated with no attribution, no sources cited, and no means to validate it. People see it, get irritated about it, circulate it among friends, and effectively yell "See? This is what THEY are doing to us!!!" When the information turns out be wrong, or bogus, that makes "our side" look like idiots to those who would deny us our rights.

So here's a simple rule: if you see something posted that gets you angry or raises your blood pressure, before you send it to all your email buddies or re-post it, CHECK IT OUT. Can you verify the truth behind it? If not, drop it. Let it STOP with YOU. Don't give the "other side" ammunition to flog us with.
    cmdrdredd and suntzu like this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar

Bank of America denying gun related purchases using YOUR debit card. What!?!

Bank of America is denying gun related purchases using YOUR debit card. YOUR money. Along with WalMart not stocking ammo, something is seriously amiss. How many coincidences must occur before we see the light?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=x4f2h5EiWPY

Already running (and veracity is highly suspect). Threads merged.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Wow. If that's really true than just wow. I've been too lazy to open up a new account somewhere else for too long... I think this one just pushed me over the edge.

if i had boa account id try to buy gun, get declined, then id change banks and let them know why.....
    XD Subcompact 9MM
    more to come..

Well I just bought some ammo from Underwood about 45 seconds ago as a 'test' with my BoA debit card and it worked. I also bought a RIA 10mm from Cheaper Than Dirt last Wednesday with the same card and that worked as well.

So far I'm a little skeptical of the claims.

Bank of America denying gun related purchases using YOUR debit card. What!?!

I don't know when they supposedly started but I've used my BofA debit card to pay for more than $1600 worth of AR stuff (including a rifle) since mid December. We're searching for a better bank anyway though.

If no one can offer verifiable proof that this is true by sunrise Wednesday, this thread will be closed. We don't need to give legs to bogus info.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    Hey guys and girls a credit card and a debit card are two different animals. I cancelled my BOA credit card a week or so ago when they refused to service a gun wholesalers account because it was gun related. If it is debit card I don't see how they can justify doing so, that is your money, but if it is a credit card they can because it is a charge using their money pending your payment. An uncollected debt or basically a short term loan. Will there be repercussions? Yes I would imagine, but remember that they are one of the largest banking facilities in the US and the loss of a few thousand credit card customers would not even be a " bump in the road" to them.

Canceling my BOA card has caused problems for me because I used it for everything. I did get a Visa card, not a debit card, from my credit union but with less than the $20K cap I had on the BOA card.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrdredd View Post
    If you can find me one as convenient as BoA in South Florida...
    Chase? They have ATM's in every Walgreens in Orlando.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Have any of you ever heard of snopes?

snopes.com: Bank of America Gun Sales

Read to the bottom

We do ourselves no good spreading rumors. Take off your tin foil hats and let you brain have some air. We have to be united and not fall into all the rumors out there.
    I bought a case of duck loads, a box of .270's and two boxes of .45's yesterday at a LGS. Since December I have purchased two long guns and a revolver using my BOA card.
    A word to the wise isn't necessary, save it for the stupid

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Strange, mine stil works. Totaly staged.
    Not possible! It's on the internet... it MUST be true!
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Just like the threads last week about the Brady Bunch and some bogus ads that they supposedly did. If it looks stupid, sounds stupid, over the top, and fits in with how you view the world the best thing to do is google the crap out of it and see if it is true.

I am always a doubter and google everything I see and look for multiple references before I post anything.

Also...what Gasmitty said!
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links