Trading kahr CW9, what should I expect?

This is a discussion on Trading kahr CW9, what should I expect? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I have a NIB (or at least like new, only 15 rounds through it) kahr cw9 that I would like to trade for a full ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Haywood
  • 1 Post By paullie

Thread: Trading kahr CW9, what should I expect?

I have a NIB (or at least like new, only 15 rounds through it) kahr cw9 that I would like to trade for a full size handgun, really don't care what, just want to see what I could expect to be offered for it. What would YOU trade for one (just assume you're wanting it)? I'm just curious and some of you guys have experience trading handguns. FYI I would trade for a used handgun as well

2. Remove Ads

Why don't you keep it and save your money and buy a used full size gun? If you trade at a Gun Shop you will loose big money. If you trade to a privet person you will want a smaller gun for carry some day and then you will be looking to buy again. Ask anyone you Know or meat that is into Handguns, " Handguns are like Potato Chips, You can't stop with one"!!
    sioux565 likes this.

In a straight up trade for the CW you MIGHT be able to move into a Springfield XD9. All in all, that'd be a very good trade for you. It's probably the best balanced gun I've ever fired and also the most accurate. I've had 6 S'fields and 5 Kahrs, so I can say that. I like Kahrs but if I could have only one gun til the end of time it'd be the XD9......or my current carry piece, the CZ Rami alloy 9.

$350 +\- Put $100 bill with it and you could trade for a used Glock / MP / etc.

That's roughly the numbers I was seeing at the last show I attended. Ya just never know for sure.
    TY54712

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CZRex View Post
    In a straight up trade for the CW you MIGHT be able to move into a Springfield XD9. All in all, that'd be a very good trade for you. It's probably the best balanced gun I've ever fired and also the most accurate. I've had 6 S'fields and 5 Kahrs, so I can say that. I like Kahrs but if I could have only one gun til the end of time it'd be the XD9......or my current carry piece, the CZ Rami alloy 9.
    I have to disagree? In my area I would doubt that anyone would make a straight up trade, XD9 for a Kahr. The CW9 was retailing for +/-$380 and the XD9 +/- $480 in my area before the Sandy Hook incident.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

VIP Member
    Unless your trading with an individual, expect to get screwed. A dealer might give you half of what it is worth.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array hardluk1's Avatar
    Nothing will IWB better than that cw9 and with a retail of around 375 no dealer will give more than 250 on trade. Now if you don't CC thn it may not matter and sell it out right for 325. Might get a buyer today. I am one that is not at all found of the XD so don't take advise on what to get and lay hands on all you canand get the one that just feels right. . New glocks xd and m7p are all with in a couple bucks of each other with the m&p c being the cheapest new.

Put some kinda of grip aid on the kahr and they make a great practical pistol. With some kind of aid some just can't enjoy them. use a piec of inner tube or hogue or pachmyrs slip on.

Regret
    AngryBadger417 likes this.

Thanks guys! I'm keeping the gun, If my hock is too big I'm sure the kahr won't be! I'm just going to save and get myself a 1911 when I have the cash!
    Say 'what' again! I dare you! I double dare you!-Jules Winnfield aka Samuel L Jackson

Links