Keith Morgan Meeting with Manchin. Get ready folks it will get Nastier

This is a discussion on Keith Morgan Meeting with Manchin. Get ready folks it will get Nastier within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Hi, This is from Keith Morgan, who is part of the West Virginia Citizens Defense League. It describes a meeting with their senator Manchin. Prepare ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Keith Morgan Meeting with Manchin. Get ready folks it will get Nastier

Keith Morgan Meeting with Manchin. Get ready folks it will get Nastier

Hi, This is from Keith Morgan, who is part of the West Virginia Citizens Defense League. It describes a meeting with their senator Manchin. Prepare to eat your wheaties.

Ladies and gentlemen of the WVCDL and West Virginia. Today, around 3PM I met with Senator Manchin. In any conversation with a person of that level of power, there are two conversations that occur at once. The first is the obvious and direct meaning of what is spoken. The second conversation is the meaning between the lines. In this case, neither is good. West Virginia, in my opinion, you have been sold out.

First, let's talk about the direct conversation. It's very simple. Senator Manchin supports a three-pronged approach that includes universal background checks, including private sales. He supports mental health-care reform. And he supports magazine capacity limits, and possibly other restrictions.

Further, he stated to me directly, that he believes 75% of West Virginians, like him, believe that the only purposes behind gun ownership and the second amendment are hunting and recreational shooting. He told me that defense is not an angle he considers or believes in, and that is specifically in the context of defense of self, and defense from tyranny. Perhaps now you understand why I've been too angry to update you on the results of the meeting. In case you're thinking of stopping here, it gets worse.

Senator Manchin told me what the media will do if Congress (including the US House of Representatives) fails to pass an AWB and/or mag restrictions. "They will one, by one, put up pictures of dead children. They will show the carnage." Considering that tomorrow, President Obama will be exploiting children by dragging them on stage with him while he outlays his plan, this is not a huge leap. And these are the words of a United States senator. We, and I don't mean just West Virginians, I mean Americans, must prepare for this. That is a direct quote. Verbatim. We need every talking head in the conservative media out in front of this. Make it happen. Share this post far and wide.

When it became clear that we were not going to find common ground, and that Senator Manchin intends to support magazine capacity limits and other pointless gun-control laws doomed to failure, I told the senator that we would be there. We would be at every single event. We would be at every fund-raiser. We would be there, and the content of our signs would not be pleasant.

And now we get to the second conversation. The one between the lines. When I said we would be there, he said, "there won't be any events."

This confused me. No politician runs for office without fund-raisers and events. And I have to admit, it wasn't I that grasped the meaning of this. I want to be clear, that the following was not stated. This was deduced by a confidant of mine, and I think she is correct. Manchin was honest. There will be no events. Why would a US Senator not need funds? This is because there will be no campaign. Joe Manchin is too young to retire from a position of such power. What does that mean?

West Virginia, this means that Joe Manchin has sold you out. It means that he has accepted some position, likely promised by Barack Obama, to place his boot in your neck in exchange for power.

Now you know. Now you know why for four hours, I was too angry to update you.

2. Remove Ads

Scary stuff, and shows the arrogance of power. He needs to be shown the power of the ballot box.
    mano3 and aus71383 like this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Can see what you would be. Living near the WV border and knowing quite a few over there old Joe I think has got his finger on the pulse of a WV possum or something instead of the voters. I wouldnt want to be him when and if this gets to be widespread info

Senior Moderator
    That aint the right box.
    zacii and aus71383 like this.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

VIP Member
    He climbed on the ban wagon very quickly after the shooting.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

I dunno.

The sands of time are shifting; in an unpleasant direction.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Well, if he bails for a padded position with Obama, your Governor will make an appointment - correct? If he waits out his term, you'll still get somebody new. Those are two small bits of consolation.

I don't understand how someone can take an oath of office to defend the Constitution when they don't seem to understand what it means.
    mano3 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar
    What if millions of gun owners refuse to comply? Are there enough prisons to house them all?

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    Didn't he run with specific pro-gun language in his campaign?
    And if so, shouldn't he be called out on that by the citizens of West Virginia that elected him? Is it possible for a state to impeach a Senator?
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmacque View Post
    Didn't he run with specific pro-gun language in his campaign?
    And if so, shouldn't he be called out on that by the citizens of West Virginia that elected him? Is it possible for a state to impeach a Senator?
    They gotta do a lot more than break campaign promises to get impeached.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Quote Originally Posted by TX expat View Post
    They gotta do a lot more than break campaign promises to get impeached.

Does WV have any kind of recall process?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Roon View Post
    Does WV have any kind of recall process?
    I have no idea but I would imagine there is some vehicle for removing any legislator assuming the offense is serious. Irregardless, if breaking campaign promises was impeachable at any level, we'd probably have two politicians left in the country and they'd be in the process of impeaching each other.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Quote Originally Posted by dling View Post
    I don't understand how someone can take an oath of office to defend the Constitution when they don't seem to understand what it means.
    Unfortunately, our politicians have been doing that for a very long time. Forbidding former slaves to own weapons, 1934 NFA, 1968 act, 1986 act....
    OD* likes this.

VIP Member
    Scary, sad and predictable all rolled into one. Unless America has a huge re-wakening we are headed downhill FAST.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links