This should help ! Teachers Train to Tackle Gunmen

This is a discussion on This should help ! Teachers Train to Tackle Gunmen within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; The NBC family of stations are the most liberal and egregious at twisting the facts to meet their agenda. Therefore, I find that watching these ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: This should help ! Teachers Train to Tackle Gunmen

The NBC family of stations are the most liberal and egregious at twisting the facts to meet their agenda. Therefore, I find that watching these teachers tackling grown adults who weigh much more and have an agenda truly disturbing. Perhaps I missed it but none of the "perpetrators" resisted during the takedown or after. I have serious doubts that this training will accomplish much. But, most of the liberal/progressive agenda is to make them feel good about something they are doing!!!!!
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144

Ruger owners check our sister forum http://rugerpistolforums.com a great site to share and learn about your Ruger pistols.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Moderator
    Those were Texas teachers taking that training and it is a start, a good start.

Train them to fight, and once they accept that they will have to fight to defend themselves and their "kids" (every good teacher that I know, including my sons' teachers, consider all of their students their kids), they will realize that using their hands, feet, textbooks, etc... on someone with a gun does not make sense.

Almost all of the teachers that I know will gladly sacrifice their lives for their kids, once they accept that they might have to physically fight for their kids, they will start thinking of better tools to fight with
    FLMOPE likes this.
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    We have 280 lb professional athletes playing football every Sunday that make millions per game struggling to tackle a man with a BALL and they think they can teach a 50 year old wormy math teacher to tackle a madman with a gun? And they're the ones calling for "common sense?" Really???
    What a ridiculous comparison. We're not talking about chasing a gunmen around a field who's been trained to evade a tackle. Did you watch the video? The goal is to surprise him and get behind him as he enters a classroom, take out his legs, and disarm. I'm not sure how you could watch the video and make any comparison to a football game. They're learning techniques that the trainer uses with police.
    1959 likes this.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

VIP Member
    Personally I think it's a great idea, and while I don't believe it's a "solution" to anything, I think it's a place to start.

The real lesson behind the class is to grasp the concept that the individual is responsible for their safety. This is a huge leap forward, if you think about it. A good number of those folks have probably never considered the actual real possibility of having to even strike someone. Giving them an open opportunity to jump on, punch, kick or whatever to an aggressor, is going to help them adopt a "defensive" mindset.

Think about it this way, you darn sure can't count on any teacher to want the option to arm themselves in their classroom if they don't grasp the fact that "fight" is actually an option for them; they have to learn something besides "flight" first.
    pgrass101 and 1959 like this.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Idiots.

The "gunmen" weren't even trying to fight back and teachers are alone in the classroom. They're just giving them a false sense of security so people can say at least s/he fought back b4 they died.

...my wife's in a high-risk classroom every day...no weapons available...she'll use a chair, pen, book, gouge eyes...ANYTHING but stand there waiting her turn...the time to say resistance didn't work is AFTER you've given it a healthy try...

It would make more sense for the teacher to "tackle" a gunman with a .357 Magum or a Colt 1911.
    BugDude likes this.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Cool tackle the gunman! Then what? Get shot point blank in the chest from the barrel they just landed on?

I think there is definitely merit to teaching the "fight instead of cower" mindset. Once people realize they may have no choice to fight no matter how pacifist they wish they could be, they'll actually pause to think and realize that a firearm is the only reasonable equalizer.
    TX expat likes this.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

Senior Member Array stanislaskasava's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cupcake View Post
    I think there is definitely merit to teaching the "fight instead of cower" mindset. Once people realize they may have no choice to fight no matter how pacifist they wish they could be, they'll actually pause to think and realize that a firearm is the only reasonable equalizer.
    I think I agree... I guess it's been illustrated that calling 911 after a whole class is massacred doesn't do any good. Step 1: Take responsibility.

I think the follow-up class should include an airsoft gun. Tackle the guy before he pelts you. Next class... Airsoft for the teachers also.

Baby steps, as they say.

Quote Originally Posted by Jdunn217 View Post
    Cool tackle the gunman! Then what? Get shot point blank in the chest from the barrel they just landed on?
    Watch the video. They tackle the gun man from behind as he enters the room, and beat him upside the head to disorient, and attempt to disarm.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stanislaskasava View Post
    I think I agree... I guess it's been illustrated that calling 911 after a whole class is massacred doesn't do any good. Step 1: Take responsibility.

I think the follow-up class should include an airsoft gun. Tackle the guy before he pelts you. Next class... Airsoft for the teachers also.

Baby steps, as they say.
    That's exactly right. They have to introduce the mindset of fighting back first. The "tackle and beat" mentality is a heck of a lot more proactive than cower in the corner. After they've seen and done this class, then offer them a chance to see how much more effective an equalizing force can have. I bet you'd see teachers ready to take another class that had previously sworn that they'd never be for carrying in school.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Quote Originally Posted by pittypat21 View Post
    Watch the video. They tackle the gun man from behind as he enters the room, and beat him upside the head to disorient, and attempt to disarm.
    That's the problem(s) - it's absurdly unrealistic. In real life there's only one teacher per classroom and the doors are generally in corners, flush with the wall - no place to "come from behind". Just another version of "gun control is theory that a 110 lbs woman should beat a 240 lbs rapist with her fists"

Quote Originally Posted by Paymeister View Post
    Pfft... MY dad did all that, too, but says he walked BACKWARDS uphill both ways.
    Your dad had it easy. MY dad couldnt go to school. Worked for 50 cents a day cutting down trees in the log woods with a dull case pocket knife. AFTER walking in the snow uphill both ways backwards with his eyes closed to get to work and back cuz they would pay him a penny extra hazard pay to do it. I think he said he was four years old at the time
    BugDude likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    We have 280 lb professional athletes playing football every Sunday that make millions per game struggling to tackle a man with a BALL and they think they can teach a 50 year old wormy math teacher to tackle a madman with a gun? And they're the ones calling for "common sense?" Really???
    ^^^^^^^There you go again BugDude^^^^^

trying to make reason and common sense out of everything.

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups
    The Problem: When stupid people do stupid things, smart people end up getting killed

From a TEXAS A&M student:
    "Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds dearly the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.”
    BugDude likes this.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links