This should help ! Teachers Train to Tackle Gunmen

This is a discussion on This should help ! Teachers Train to Tackle Gunmen within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by pappou68 This is just a feel good doing something measure. What will most likely happen is that some teachers are going to ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: This should help ! Teachers Train to Tackle Gunmen

Quote Originally Posted by pappou68 View Post
    This is just a feel good doing something measure. What will most likely happen is that some teachers are going to get hurt. Train these teachers with a weapon, not their hands. Unless they're a Bruce Lee type, this training is not going to make much of a difference. Hand to hand needs to be a practiced, second nature response. A few classes ain't gonna do it.
    Hand vs gun is even less likely to do it. Even for Bruce Lee types

2. Remove Ads

No one is criticizing the teachers; its the training that needs to go. Giving the teachers a one-day course in attacking a gunman in pairs and from behind in unrealistic training scenarios is just as bad as banning magazines and guns - both are attempts to do something even when you know the something is just setting people up for failure.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldy49 View Post
    (I can't believe I just supported an
    administrator who couldn't spell "could" - OK, a semi-LOL because I can't type very well either).
    Thanks for letting me off easy, Goldy. Ya, I don't type very well sitting in the recliner with the computer on my lap! Poor spelling and proofing is a pet peeve, so I'm embarrassed!

Hope nobody misunderstands me . . . I think that fighting back with improvised weapons is a realistic response if we can't arm and train a few in every school. But, in my left-leaning state I don't see armed teachers any time soon. I advocated for it after VT, and was shot down (pun intentional!).

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links